or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153). - Page 64

Poll Results: What % of your listening is Desktop vs Portable? (click on ONE answer please)

Poll expired: Apr 22, 2014  
  • 22% (30)
    Desktop (100%)
  • 36% (49)
    Desktop (75%) & Portable (25%)
  • 18% (25)
    Desktop (50%) & Portable (50%)
  • 17% (24)
    Desktop (25%) & Portable (75%)
  • 5% (7)
    Portable (100%)
135 Total Votes  
post #946 of 2389

If it is plugged into a Linux system, then something like

 

$ cat /proc/asound/DAC/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params

 

should give the desired information.

 

But I really can see why people would prefer LEDs! :D

 

Oh, by the way... It will work with Linux, right? Right? :confused_face:

post #947 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuleZ3C View Post

Same place as the nano:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dObkvGE.jpg[/IMG]

Kinda new here, have lurked since Monday... I'm amazed at the results of this crowd design session. IFI rules and Head-Fiers too!
I own a iDSD nano since may, but I'm pre ordering a micro!

Keep up the excellent work!

This make sense, also considering the inside, there is something that looks like an LED down there.

post #948 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuleZ3C View Post
 

Same place as the nano:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dObkvGE.jpg[/IMG]

 

Kinda new here, have lurked since Monday... I'm amazed at the results of this crowd design session. IFI rules and Head-Fiers too!

I own a iDSD nano since may, but I'm pre ordering a micro!

 

Keep up the excellent work!

yeah, nice catch! yep, the LED is right by the USB input on the pcb, so that little dot is indeed the status light.

post #949 of 2389

But how can one status light tell PCM from DSD, and one sample rate from another?

 

(My iCAN has three LEDs --- and they are always on regardless of whether the functions are active or not. I just regard them as "the" power light.)

post #950 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad-E-Ginathom View Post
 

But how can one status light tell PCM from DSD, and one sample rate from another?

 

(My iCAN has three LEDs --- and they are always on regardless of whether the functions are active or not. I just regard them as "the" power light.)

this review has an explanation of the different colors on the nano iDSD and what they represent. there's also a card that comes with the nano iDSD that explains the same thing. i'm sure it will come with micro as well.

 

http://www.limahuli.net/anythingbutmp3/?p=955

post #951 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by kugino View Post
 

this review has an explanation of the different colors on the nano iDSD and what they represent. there's also a card that comes with the nano iDSD that explains the same thing. i'm sure it will come with micro as well.

 

http://www.limahuli.net/anythingbutmp3/?p=955


Thanks for that, I did wonder if there might be more to it than just a single led.

 

But nine colours? I use about three to indicate different events on the phone. I may be old and stupid (sorry: old and stupid --- many manage one without the other ;) ) but this exceeds my memory capability.

 

In practice, most people will be happy to know that sound is coming, or they will just use one or two possibilities, or, perhaps most likely, they will give up the nagging doubts when, after a few days, they realise that, between their player and the DAC, the right thing is getting through.

 

No dealbreaker, but not a brilliant piece of UI design either..

post #952 of 2389
IMO, there's no need of memorizing it. The more we uses it, our muscle cells will recognize it naturally itself. If I were to read the FiiO E07K manual itself that purple lights indicates charging and playing, blue light indicates that it is switched on and not charging, orange/red = charging, I doubt I would ever remember it permanently but the more I uses it, without forcing myself, I can actually tell what does colors indicates! Not sure if it makes sense thought xD
post #953 of 2389
Dear iFi,

Please refer to this link http://hifisupply.nl/index.php?item=ifi-micro-idsd-portable-dac--per-stuk&action=article&aid=31322&lang=NL I guess there's a mistake since the micro iDSD is not out yet? @.@
post #954 of 2389
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamling View Post
 

I was wondering where i can see which file format (DSD, DXD, PCM) is played and which sample rate. Are there any LEDs that would indicate that?

There seem to be no LEDs on top of the unit and there are none on the front.

 

Hi All,

 

There are LEDs...as per nano iDSD etc....

 

Thanks.

post #955 of 2389
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

Dear iFi,

Please refer to this link http://hifisupply.nl/index.php?item=ifi-micro-idsd-portable-dac--per-stuk&action=article&aid=31322&lang=NL I guess there's a mistake since the micro iDSD is not out yet? @.@

 

Hi,

 

Thanks for the spot.

 

For the special first production, hififidelity.nl will be one of the exclusive retailers for the micro iDSD in the Netherlands. Art's Excellence is the other.

 

They got excited and got the "micro" designation as it should be "nano" of course!

 

We have asked them amend.

 

Cheers.


Edited by iFi audio - 6/25/14 at 12:29pm
post #956 of 2389
Thread Starter 

Naughty, naughty, the underside of the micro iDSD

 

We could get in trouble for this....but just for you all:

We are saying nuffin! :tongue: 

post #957 of 2389
No problem biggrin.gif not only are they excited, we (or at least, me but I can't be the only one) are excited too xD

so much labels at the bottom @.@
post #958 of 2389
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

so much labels at the bottom @.@

 

Also, the upper top left of course correspond with this side shot.

 

post #959 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad-E-Ginathom View Post


Thanks for that, I did wonder if there might be more to it than just a single led.

But nine colours? I use about three to indicate different events on the phone. I may be old and stupid (sorry: old and stupid --- many manage one without the other wink.gif ) but this exceeds my memory capability.

In practice, most people will be happy to know that sound is coming, or they will just use one or two possibilities, or, perhaps most likely, they will give up the nagging doubts when, after a few days, they realise that, between their player and the DAC, the right thing is getting through.

No dealbreaker, but not a brilliant piece of UI design either..

Not a deal breaker for me either.
post #960 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFi audio View Post
 

Naughty, naughty, the underside of the micro iDSD

 

We could get in trouble for this....but just for you all:

We are saying nuffin! :tongue: 

Wow - lots of options to play with. The more the better IMO. With the "Preamp/Direct" - I assume that switch works the same with the HP out and the line out, and does that mean that the "direct" out is powered just by the chip or are there Opamps in there etc. Just curious. - thanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).