or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153). - Page 79

Poll Results: What % of your listening is Desktop vs Portable? (click on ONE answer please)

Poll expired: Apr 22, 2014  
  • 22% (30)
    Desktop (100%)
  • 36% (49)
    Desktop (75%) & Portable (25%)
  • 18% (25)
    Desktop (50%) & Portable (50%)
  • 17% (24)
    Desktop (25%) & Portable (75%)
  • 5% (7)
    Portable (100%)
135 Total Votes  
post #1171 of 2351
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by technobear View Post


Too much Pimms? rolleyes.gif


Seriously you guys are doing a fab job here and I cannot wait to get my hands on the iDSD cool.gif

.

 

Getting excited over Wimbledon....Murray is playing. :D

post #1172 of 2351
Lawks, that still can't be right!

9. USB 2.0 cable (B plug > A plug)

Surely you mean (A plug to A socket)?
post #1173 of 2351
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamling View Post

hi ifi, can you please ad the length of the cables, for example the purple rca and the blu Usb cable and make a comment on the rca cable quality, it dont need a 100€. rca cable but i am not using a cheap 5€ cable either, my minimum requirements would be something along the lines of a 25€ Sommer Cable per meter as a decent rca cable

 

Hi,

 

If you know the iFi stuff, we have never and would never put poor-quality stuff in there.

 

The "blue shorty" that ships with the nano iDSD and iLINK etc...a few thousand have gone out the door and haven't received not even one negative comment for its sonic ability - despite the fact that it comes free in the box. And some people have even compared it to their aftermarket stuff and had some very complimentary things to say about the blue shorty.

 

We also demo with these cables at shows.

 

And if you recall, last week, we said, wait for us to disclose the Accessories list at a later date.

 

That was because we were still auditioning the USB cables up to the very last minute. These are the lengths we go to.

 

It simply doesnt make sense to go all the way with the Burr-Brown and TDK caps and then spoil it with not so good cables.

post #1174 of 2351
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by technobear View Post

Lawks, that still can't be right!

9. USB 2.0 cable (B plug > A plug)

Surely you mean (A plug to A socket)?

 

Yes, yes and yes.

 

Can you ask the other guys to not ask so many questions? :normal_smile :


Edited by iFi audio - 6/30/14 at 11:20am
post #1175 of 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFi audio View Post

Can you ask the other guys to not ask so many questions? normal_smile%20.gif

biggrin.gif

I am lucky. I don't have a TV any more so I'll read all about the tennis in tomorrow's paper instead.

In the meantime...


Guys, please give iFi a break while our man Murray is doing his best at Wimbledon.


There cool.gif
post #1176 of 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLGrado View Post

 

Still, I personally would find it preferable to have no added adapter at all.  Which underscores for me something I have thought all along, that the upcoming iDSD mini, for desktop use only, is the eventual product for me!

 

Yes I agree, all this angst about the CCK/OTG connection makes me believe many want the Micro to be a product it isn't intended to be. Many of these people are likely to be better served by the iDSD Mini, which is what I am waiting for. 

 

The connectivity and form factor of the Mini seems to be better suited towards those who have spent the $$$$ on boutique USB cables. I personally don't own any boutique USB cables, but if I did, I surely wouldn't bring one with me while I'm out and about. These people were probably going to get a short 6" boutique cable made anyway for portable use, and I'm pretty sure their go-to cable maker would have no trouble terminating it in an A-type USB.

 

Also, I doubt many people have short B-type USB cables for portable use because most portable DACs out today don't use the B-type input anyway (except the Nano). And don't for one second lie through your teeth that you were going to lug around your 3 meter $1000 boutique USB cable with you for your morning commute on the subway.

 

Personally, I don't see why you would want to lug around the Micro when the Nano is half its size and also provides the magical B-type USB input that everyone seems to want. Yeah, the Nano is not as "hi-fi" as the Micro, but seriously save the diminishing returns game for your home system. When I'm on-the-go, my main priority is not having to lug around a bag of bricks.

 

 

TL;DR: Are you going to use the Micro for its intended purpose of 50:50, portable:home? No? Wait for the iDSD Mini; you can use your $5000+ cryo infused, alien technology B-type USB cable on that.

 

The Mini:

 


Edited by EraserXIV - 6/30/14 at 11:37am
post #1177 of 2351
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofrk View Post

Now that all that's out of the way will there be any black units?

 

We're still trying to work through the CCK/OTG port!  :regular_smile : 

post #1178 of 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFi audio View Post
 

 

Hi,

 

If you know the iFi stuff, we have never and would never put poor-quality stuff in there.

 

The "blue shorty" that ships with the nano iDSD and iLINK etc...a few thousand have gone out the door and haven't received not even one negative comment for its sonic ability - despite the fact that it comes free in the box. And some people have even compared it to their aftermarket stuff and had some very complimentary things to say about the blue shorty.

 

We also demo with these cables at shows.

 

And if you recall, last week, we said, wait for us to disclose the Accessories list at a later date.

 

That was because we were still auditioning the USB cables up to the very last minute. These are the lengths we go to.

 

It simply doesnt make sense to go all the way with the Burr-Brown and TDK caps and then spoil it with not so good cables.


My question was in relation to the RCA cable, Is that the same RCA that ships with the ifi iRack? if thats the case i am more than happy to use that one as well. Cheers


Edited by roamling - 6/30/14 at 11:49am
post #1179 of 2351
I'm excited about this product. Can you suggest an online store in Europe that I can preorder the iDSD micro (I'm from Sweden)?
post #1180 of 2351
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamling View Post
 


 Is that the same RCA that ships with the ifi iRack? if thats the case i am more than happy to use that one as well. Cheers

 

Bingo! (or nearly Bingo, it is not the exact same cable, just very close)

 

We wouldnt put all that tech inside and just throw anything in the box.

 

The senior team all audition these cables...we check they dont impair sonics etc...

 

Ultimately, we show with these cables and as you now, for a show, you gotta put your best foot forward.

 

Having said all of this, our local iFi dealer at the Chicago Head-Fi last week did use a Teo Liquid interconnect cable costing US$5k with the prototype micro iDSD...:cool: 


Edited by iFi audio - 7/1/14 at 5:29am
post #1181 of 2351
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvision123 View Post

I'm excited about this product. Can you suggest an online store in Europe that I can preorder the iDSD micro (I'm from Sweden)?

 

Hi,

 

Easy, iFi Sweden: Transient Design.

 

post@transientdesign.se

 

+46 (322) 188 05

post #1182 of 2351
I hate to mention this but:

9. USB 2.0 cable (A plug > A plug)

is still wrong rolleyes.gif

It's (A plug > A socket) cool.gif
post #1183 of 2351
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by technobear View Post

I hate to mention this but:

9. USB 2.0 cable (A plug > A plug)

is still wrong rolleyes.gif

It's (A plug > A socket) cool.gif

 

Fixed. 

 

It has been a long weekend - on all fronts. :rolleyes: 

post #1184 of 2351

All these cables are still a little confusing to me... Is it possible to do a Graphic iFi iDSD DAC Hook-Up Chart showing all the cables included in All the different hook-up possibilities???

post #1185 of 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by kugino View Post

I had an inkling that it was focused on portability because it has a battery.

Not always! http://puremusicgroup.com/cart/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=351

Batteries should provide a better power supply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).