or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153). - Page 68

Poll Results: What % of your listening is Desktop vs Portable? (click on ONE answer please)

Poll expired: Apr 22, 2014  
  • 22% (30)
    Desktop (100%)
  • 36% (49)
    Desktop (75%) & Portable (25%)
  • 18% (25)
    Desktop (50%) & Portable (50%)
  • 17% (24)
    Desktop (25%) & Portable (75%)
  • 5% (7)
    Portable (100%)
135 Total Votes  
post #1006 of 2344

One question though, will the iDSD Micro come with their own USB A male to USB A female or will it still be USB A male to USB B male like in the iDSD Nano? The adapters are a nice option for those who want to be using their own USB cables but I think should still provide their own, especially for durability issues. 

post #1007 of 2344

*deleted* I thought the last post didn't save


Edited by maricius - 6/24/14 at 6:06am
post #1008 of 2344
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maricius View Post
 

 

Couldn't you ask whoever you're getting your USB cable from to customise it or order custom high quality adapters? I think makers will be more than happy do this service if one's willing to pay. 

 

Hi,

 

We can but:

 

1. The adapter is something we chose for its very respectable quality already. Like the blue USB cable in the other iFi boxes, it is plain Jane looking but actually outperforms.

 

2. In the next day or so, we'll directly address your concern surrounding the use of having such an adapter in the signal path - there is a method to our madness.

 

Cheers.


Edited by iFi audio - 6/24/14 at 5:36am
post #1009 of 2344
Quote:
Originally Posted by x838nwy View Post

The very best solution yet to Apple's cck anal retentiveness. Bravo iFi!!!

+1
Amazing iFi again! Wake up and check this thread first thing, and magically the micro iDSD just became an even better solution for my iDevices!
Glad my pre order is in even more so now!
Guess the adapters will be needed for a USB AC wall charger to charge up the battery eh?

Keep the features coming! If possible.

Cheers
post #1010 of 2344
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maricius View Post
 

One question though, will the iDSD Micro come with their own USB A male to USB A female or will it still be USB A male to USB B male like in the iDSD Nano? The adapters are a nice option for those who want to be using their own USB cables but I think should still provide their own, especially for durability issues. 

 

Hi,

 

Please wait a few days more as we are going to take some pics and upload the full list of accessories that ship with the micro iDSD.

 

We will then run through each item and explain our logic for their inclusion.

post #1011 of 2344

Hi, the o-t-g thing is one don't mind (not a necessity as I don't mind the usb cable but life will be less messy) because I use portable/desktop 50/50. But a question for iFi, is there any compromise with using the adapter for when I am on desktop? so computer to usb cable to adapter to DSD?

post #1012 of 2344
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFi audio View Post

Hi,

Please wait a few days more as we are going to take some pics and upload the full list of accessories that ship with the micro iDSD.

We will then run through each item and explain our logic for their inclusion.

popcorn.gif amazing smily_headphones1.gif
post #1013 of 2344
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexby View Post


+1
Amazing iFi again! Wake up and check this thread first thing, and magically the micro iDSD just became an even better solution for my iDevices!
Glad my pre order is in even more so now!
Guess the adapters will be needed for a USB AC wall charger to charge up the battery eh?

Keep the features coming! If possible.

Cheers

 

Hi,

 

Thanks. Means a lot us, it really gees us all up when we clock in first thing.

 

Yes, requires charging through the CCK/OTG port.

 

See our reply regarding accessories - wait for a few days more. We are working on this puppy round the clock. 

 

We have at least one more Super Duper feature (also explains our CCK/OTG logic).

post #1014 of 2344
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFi audio View Post
 

 

We have at least one more Super Duper feature (also explains our CCK/OTG logic).

 

 I think your going the right way with this CCK/OTG approach and i think its a very progressive move!


Edited by roamling - 6/24/14 at 7:51am
post #1015 of 2344
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFi audio View Post



 

Super Duper feature 2.1




 

The CCK/OTG USB port




 




 




 




 




 


is this the only usb port input in micro idsd?

if its the only usb port plz consider changing to normal usb b port like all ifi previous dac,

i believe more person including me want to use in desktop pc. which i sure the normal usb b port work better than using adapter.

so plz consider it. or just make two usb input. the normal one and that one


Edited by hugoboss - 6/24/14 at 8:11am
post #1016 of 2344
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugoboss View Post
 


is this the only usb port input in micro idsd?

if its the only usb port plz consider changing to normal usb b port like all ifi previous dac,

i believe more person including me want to use in desktop pc. which i sure the normal usb b port work better than using adapter.

so plz consider it. or just make two usb input. the normal one and that one

 

i can understand your argument from a perspective of people who bought expensive USB cables, even the ifi Gemini cable and now might have to use an adapter. I nearly bought an expensive USB cable myself for use with the ifi micro USB but then thought see what surprises they have in stock... and sure ifi did surprise with that one.

 

lets wait and see until ifi explains their CCK/OTG logic

post #1017 of 2344
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugoboss View Post
 


is this the only usb port input in micro idsd?

if its the only usb port plz consider changing to normal usb b port like all ifi previous dac,

i believe more person including me want to use in desktop pc. which i sure the normal usb b port work better than using adapter.

so plz consider it. or just make two usb input. the normal one and that one

I agree! Can't you make 2 different models? Normal and CCK/OTG?

I hope, in the next days with your further information, to better understand your choice, 'cause now it does make very little sense to me. I'd understand the nano to have such a port, but not the the micro. 

Sorry, maybe it's just me (and very few others) but this is my sincere impression after reading this feature: a bit disappointed! :( 

post #1018 of 2344
I have to admit the use of an adaptor is a weird choice to me if you expect it to integrate with the rest of the product line. The Gemini cable already had a long termination shank that makes it awkward to use with the iPurifier and now an adapter also? What is the "ideal" sequence of ifi gizmos with the iDSD?
post #1019 of 2344
Quote:
Originally Posted by KmanChu View Post

I have to admit the use of an adaptor is a weird choice to me if you expect it to integrate with the rest of the product line. The Gemini cable already had a long termination shank that makes it awkward to use with the iPurifier and now an adapter also? What is the "ideal" sequence of ifi gizmos with the iDSD?

 

ok, now that you mention the iPurifier... first i thought wow but now I have some questions myself about that choice of USB port, Things are certainly getting interesting here. 

post #1020 of 2344
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFi audio View Post
 

 

Hi,

 

Thanks. Means a lot us, it really gees us all up when we clock in first thing.

 

Yes, requires charging through the CCK/OTG port.

 

See our reply regarding accessories - wait for a few days more. We are working on this puppy round the clock. 

 

We have at least one more Super Duper feature (also explains our CCK/OTG logic).

 

wow, one MORE super duper feature remains + the OTW #1 ?   

 

regardless, this micro iDSD has hit it out of the park already!  (sorry, baseball analogy not World Cup football. cmon USA!)

 

in regards to accessories-  one thought, the Apple CCK cable is so short, that while it "looks nice" in the photo alongside micro iDSD, functionally the phone is "upside down" is it not?

imagine facing the front of micro iDSD, headphones plugged and access to volume knob, the CCK cable aligns the phone "upside down" if I want to change music tracks on the phone screen.

 

a much longer CCK cable at least allows the phone to move around more freely, like a (longer) wired remote.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).