My Essence STX has died, Looking for a nice upgrade to it in the form of a external DAC.
* Budget is $500-$1000 or so.
* Usage is mostly gaming with some music, occasional movie.
* Needs to go well with Matrix M-Stage and DT880 Premium headphones (not something that will make the DT880 brighter, not a fan of harsh treble).
* I'm looking at connecting a set of AktiMate Mini+ speakers and DT880 headphones to it at once, so will need to be able to switch between the two when needed.
* The DAC would need to be on the small side also, no bigger than the M-Stage amp.
Any suggestions very welcome, thanks!!