β22 "beta22" 2-channel Headphone Amplifier - price shipped & paypaled
Will Ship To: CONUS
Offered is a 2-channel stereo β22 headphone amplifier built by me a few years ago. It uses a power supply similar to that of amb's beta18 amp, comes complete as shown and works perfectly. It's a solid, reliable, quiet unit I've used off & on for the last few years.
Only selling because I built a larger, more expensive version of this amp that I've decided to keep: http://www.head-fi.org/t/692466/22-beta22-2-channel-headphone-amplifier-newly-built & I only need one. After Paypal fee + shipping, my price is about my total cost of the build.
It started out as a "budget" implementation using A/C adapters & RK27 pot, but has since been enhanced with better custom A/C transformer pack, ALPs "Black Beauty" RK40 volume pot, Zobel network, 1/4" jack and CTH strip-board implementation of AMB's ε12 turn-on delay muting and DC offset protection.
* Transformer pack to Amp umbilical cord has secure threaded collar plug & connector, gold RCA jacks for INPUT, solid aluminum volume knob. Gain is 5X which is the "best" general gain setting.
* Uses 1Ω R34 & R35 resistors as recommended for safe TRS jack usage.
* Blue LED power switch surround, front panel blue LED over volume pot lights at output (ε12 relay) latch.
* Size is about as compact as a beta22 can be: 10.75" W (front panel), 8" D case (10.75" D w/pwr jack), 3" H. A/C mains & A/C umbilical to amp cords are each 40" long.
* Full 30-day Warranty from date of purchase for original purchaser covering defects in material or workmanship (repair or refund at my discretion - purchaser responsible for all related shipping & insurance costs). Repairs available after warranty period on a time/material cost basis.
Available for local audition & pickup, local pickup/cash gets you $50 off price. CONUS ONLY & price is firm with me covering Paypal fees, shipping & insurance costs. Will ship well-packaged within 3 business days of cleared payment, probably by USPS Priority.
I'm an experienced/established builder with a dozen or so DIY amp builds, four of which have been β22s. See my feedback, examples:
"I bought the β22 "beta22" amp which was built by Chris himself, very happy and satisfied with transaction, a pleasure to deal with him. His skill is undoubtedly top notch, the packing was carefully done. Great deal, love his nicely built amp!"
"Chris sets a new, high standard for online sellers! He's the most meticulous, reliable seller you can imagine. His packaging and description of the unit were superb. A true gentleman and pleasure from start to finish. Great transaction. Love the B22!!!"
"I am the proud new owner of cfcubed's GORGEOUS beta22, and feeling like I just got the steal of a century. It's a unbelievable piece. Needless to say, the transaction was easy, and he's the chillest dude ever. One of my new favorite head-fiers!"
"Another great buying experience with cfcubed. The amp is built like a tank and sounds great. He patiently explained lots of things to help me understand the amp. Just to clarify, he built this amp for himself and not meant to sell, but I robbed him of it."
Edited by cfcubed - 3/16/14 at 10:32am