Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › High End Bluetooth Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

High End Bluetooth Headphones - Page 25

post #361 of 485

I might try this idea, from the K550 Small Head Mod thread.

 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630182/an-even-easier-akg-k550-small-head-mod/15

 

 

But what I really want to do is replace them with a different ear pad altogether, one with a larger internal diameter, and more, softer cushioning.

post #362 of 485

Can any AF62 owners add the measurements to this thread so I can compare them against others there?

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/653032/size-matters-earpad-hole-measurements-for-over-ear-headphones/15

post #363 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b2 View Post
 


Did you end or ordering the Phiaton?


I did. Tried them for 2 minutes and sent them back. They were not nearly as comfortable as the Sony's. Also the noise cancelling killed the bottom end in the music. Sticking with the Sonys for the gym.

post #364 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyfornothing View Post
 


I did. Tried them for 2 minutes and sent them back. They were not nearly as comfortable as the Sony's. Also the noise cancelling killed the bottom end in the music. Sticking with the Sonys for the gym.

When you say not as comfortable as the Sony's, you are talking about the 10RBT?

post #365 of 485

any new comer BT headphones high end besides the ones mentioned here

post #366 of 485

n00b2, REPORT IN!! :D

 

I wanna know which SONY you have? The 10RBT or the dreaded 1RBT-MK2?? ;)

post #367 of 485
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
 

n00b2, REPORT IN!! :D

 

I wanna know which SONY you have? The 10RBT or the dreaded 1RBT-MK2?? ;)

@cehowardNote3 I've had a bit of bad luck with these bluetooth headphones atm. I was about to buy the AKG k845bt however the guy I was dealing with at the AKG distributer quit his job and the new guy in charge doesn't really know what's going on yet. Probably also meaning I won't get the deal that we discussed previously (probably $100 more). I went back to both sony stores to try the headphones out but I couldn't get over the sibilance and bass hump issues I had previously. Found it very fatiguing listening to that for long periods. On wired mode it sounded fine but I wasn't getting it for that reason. Apparently a few people have complained about it so I think it is getting cheacked out why it is happening and if it can be fixed (shouldnt be there I guess). In the meantime, I thought about giving the Harman Kardon BT a go however when I went to the only store that sells it in Australia (Apple Store) I found they have increased their price by $100 to $370, just $30 below the Sony 1RBT MKII. Definitely not worth checking out at that price since I can't return them. Also found a place to try out the Sennheiser MM-550x, just need to find a time to go there. In the meantime I'm trolling ebay to see if there are any good deals on any of these headphones there. Right now its back to square one for me though.

post #368 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b2 View Post
 

@cehowardNote3 I've had a bit of bad luck with these bluetooth headphones atm. I was about to buy the AKG k845bt however the guy I was dealing with at the AKG distributer quit his job and the new guy in charge doesn't really know what's going on yet. Probably also meaning I won't get the deal that we discussed previously (probably $100 more). I went back to both sony stores to try the headphones out but I couldn't get over the sibilance and bass hump issues I had previously. Found it very fatiguing listening to that for long periods. On wired mode it sounded fine but I wasn't getting it for that reason. Apparently a few people have complained about it so I think it is getting cheacked out why it is happening and if it can be fixed (shouldnt be there I guess). In the meantime, I thought about giving the Harman Kardon BT a go however when I went to the only store that sells it in Australia (Apple Store) I found they have increased their price by $100 to $370, just $30 below the Sony 1RBT MKII. Definitely not worth checking out at that price since I can't return them. Also found a place to try out the Sennheiser MM-550x, just need to find a time to go there. In the meantime I'm trolling ebay to see if there are any good deals on any of these headphones there. Right now its back to square one for me though.

i know maybe it would sound weird but try our the sms by 50cent bluetooth, as those sound good to me, and i wonder how you would compare them to the ones you mentioned

 

i had the senneiser mm450x and they are the worst ever they rattle like a snake and distort and are bad bad bad I wonder how its big brother mm550x sounds.

 

For me I use the song Magic by Coldplay it has some nice bass and I like to see which headphones can play that song nicely without distortion or whatever.

 

I am really eager to buy an audiophile BT headphone and was about to buy the mkII but hearing that it can cause fatigue because in upper frequencies is a no no no no no to me

post #369 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b2 View Post
 

@cehowardNote3 I've had a bit of bad luck with these bluetooth headphones atm. I was about to buy the AKG k845bt however the guy I was dealing with at the AKG distributer quit his job and the new guy in charge doesn't really know what's going on yet. Probably also meaning I won't get the deal that we discussed previously (probably $100 more). I went back to both sony stores to try the headphones out but I couldn't get over the sibilance and bass hump issues I had previously. Found it very fatiguing listening to that for long periods. On wired mode it sounded fine but I wasn't getting it for that reason. Apparently a few people have complained about it so I think it is getting cheacked out why it is happening and if it can be fixed (shouldnt be there I guess). In the meantime, I thought about giving the Harman Kardon BT a go however when I went to the only store that sells it in Australia (Apple Store) I found they have increased their price by $100 to $370, just $30 below the Sony 1RBT MKII. Definitely not worth checking out at that price since I can't return them. Also found a place to try out the Sennheiser MM-550x, just need to find a time to go there. In the meantime I'm trolling ebay to see if there are any good deals on any of these headphones there. Right now its back to square one for me though.

n00b2, wow, the Headphones God are really messing with you big time!

 

On the Harman Kardon BTs, for me, at the $97 to my door price point for refurbished, with full manufacturer warranty, and 30 day refund window, IMO, is the best deal out there! As I told you before, the MK2, are way over the HK BT, however, the MK2s are pushing $330 shipped to my door! That is a full 3 times the price of the HK BT and some! Also, I don't think that the HK BTs in your country selling for $270, $370 are any better/different than these $97 units I got!! I prefer the HK BT as my gym, at work, and knock around headphones. Yes, they get way more use than the MK2s.

 

I think the 550x are going to be winners!!

post #370 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif View Post
 

i know maybe it would sound weird but try our the sms by 50cent bluetooth, as those sound good to me, and i wonder how you would compare them to the ones you mentioned

 

i had the senneiser mm450x and they are the worst ever they rattle like a snake and distort and are bad bad bad I wonder how its big brother mm550x sounds.

 

For me I use the song Magic by Coldplay it has some nice bass and I like to see which headphones can play that song nicely without distortion or whatever.

 

I am really eager to buy an audiophile BT headphone and was about to buy the mkII but hearing that it can cause fatigue because in upper frequencies is a no no no no no to me

"Cause fatigue"??? We are all different! Some people get fatigued doing 20 pushups, some at 30, some at 40, some at 50, etc You see my point?  If I was you, I would give the Mk2s a chance, see for yourself!!

 

Just my 2 cents!!

post #371 of 485
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif View Post
 

i know maybe it would sound weird but try our the sms by 50cent bluetooth, as those sound good to me, and i wonder how you would compare them to the ones you mentioned

 

i had the senneiser mm450x and they are the worst ever they rattle like a snake and distort and are bad bad bad I wonder how its big brother mm550x sounds.

 

For me I use the song Magic by Coldplay it has some nice bass and I like to see which headphones can play that song nicely without distortion or whatever.

 

I am really eager to buy an audiophile BT headphone and was about to buy the mkII but hearing that it can cause fatigue because in upper frequencies is a no no no no no to me


If you can try the MKII give them a go. The fatigue issues I was having was more to do with the sibilance and mid bass hump, not the upper frequencies in general. Doesn't seem to be a common complaint about them though. You might find them fine for your ears.

post #372 of 485

Just wondering, if you use your phone as a source. Connect to a bluetooth receiver. Which DAC is used? Phone or bluetooth receiver (If only it had?)?

post #373 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaleshark12 View Post
 

Just wondering, if you use your phone as a source. Connect to a bluetooth receiver. Which DAC is used? Phone or bluetooth receiver (If only it had?)?

 

Well, if I'm not mistaken, BT works through a digital signal, so I'm sure it still needs a DAC on-board the BT device. 

post #374 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post
 

 

Well, if I'm not mistaken, BT works through a digital signal, so I'm sure it still needs a DAC on-board the BT device. 

So you mean that the data is process twice?

post #375 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaleshark12 View Post

So you mean that the data is process twice?

It can't be. It's only converted to analog once.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › High End Bluetooth Headphones