Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › High End Bluetooth Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

High End Bluetooth Headphones - Page 16

post #226 of 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b2 View Post
 

Thats the main reason for the competing sound signatures in the UE 9000 I believe. The fact that over bluetooth the noice cancelling can't be turned off makes it sound very different in that mode. Not bad but it really does seem like 2 different headphones.

IMO, putting NC on bluetooth phones is a downer. I think it is fair to say, the price of NC is a decrease in SQ..  IMO again, bluetooth headphones can't afford to give away any SQ..  Sheesh, they are shunned on here in Head Fi, simply because of their lower SQ then wired.. But, they are getting better.. IMO, to include NC which cost, why didn't they leave it out..and make a model with just NC?  That is what Sony did.. On my beloved Sony MDR 1RBTMK2, they have and MDR 1RNC, a plain MDR 1R.. That's 3 models of the same headphone.. I was really ready to jump on that $149.99 for refurbished one..

 

Anyway, I got 3 sets of headphones traveling by air all to me.. ;) My replacement MK2s, my replacement HK BTs, and the AF62.. All of them according to tracking are in the air.. ;)

 

BTW, on my learning curve, I am finding out that the open headphones are for home use or in a closed environment.. I want to get a set of open cans, but can decide on which ones..

These will be strictly for home use, and my closed back phones are for mobile use out in the open, and work.  

post #227 of 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
 

IMO, putting NC on bluetooth phones is a downer. I think it is fair to say, the price of NC is a decrease in SQ..  IMO again, bluetooth headphones can't afford to give away any SQ..  Sheesh, they are shunned on here in Head Fi, simply because of their lower SQ then wired.. But, they are getting better.. IMO, to include NC which cost, why didn't they leave it out..and make a model with just NC?  That is what Sony did.. On my beloved Sony MDR 1RBTMK2, they have and MDR 1RNC, a plain MDR 1R.. That's 3 models of the same headphone.. I was really ready to jump on that $149.99 for refurbished one..

 

Anyway, I got 3 sets of headphones traveling by air all to me.. ;) My replacement MK2s, my replacement HK BTs, and the AF62.. All of them according to tracking are in the air.. ;)

 

BTW, on my learning curve, I am finding out that the open headphones are for home use or in a closed environment.. I want to get a set of open cans, but can decide on which ones..

These will be strictly for home use, and my closed back phones are for mobile use out in the open, and work.  

 

That's what audio codecs and APT-X are for...  BT headphones have the same SQ as wired in terms of file sources...  The only difference is going to be the DAC/AMP that the headphones use vs the DAC/AMP that the source device uses...  NC can always be turned off...  This is the third time I've said this, but NC does not have to be activated while BT is on the UE 9000!   (retracted) Third time....  I'm going to bold it and put it in red for that emphasis! 


Edited by tinyman392 - 5/3/14 at 8:47pm
post #228 of 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
 

IMO, putting NC on bluetooth phones is a downer. 

Actually I don't think so as there are specific use cases for that. Let's put it this way, the reason why one might want NC in the first place is because they're in a noisy environment which means it's very unlikely they'll be able to hear a huge SQ difference with and without NC on. 


On the bus ride in to work, the NC on the Zik allows me to better hear whatever I'm listening to without having to bump the sound up to uncomfortable levels. In that situation, I honestly can't hear the SQ hit. However if I was in the office, I am able to pick up a drop in SQ since reduction in vent noise (from AC overhead) isn't as drastic as the rumbling from a bus engine.

 

As long as one can shut off the NC, it's nice to have extra features. I don't think the two features need to be mutually exclusive. Sony has a history of using proprietary equipment when they could've just as easily adapted to standard formats (e.g. MemoryStick vs. SD) so not surprised at all they took this track of dividing NC and BT models into two different ones when they could've just as easily combined them (and allow one to turn on/off NC) like Parrot did on the Zik.

 

I've never experienced the UE9000 but I'll take tinyman392's word that NC can be shut off in BT mode. :D 

post #229 of 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post
 

 

That's what audio codecs and APT-X are for...  BT headphones have the same SQ as wired in terms of file sources...  The only difference is going to be the DAC/AMP that the headphones use vs the DAC/AMP that the source device uses...  NC can always be turned off...  This is the third time I've said this, but NC does not have to be activated while BT is on the UE 9000!  Third time....  I'm going to bold it and put it in red for that emphasis! 

Well, you know I am a noob over here..:D

 

With that said, I am quite sure I read a review of the UE 9000, and it stated the NC ONLY comes on when you are using bluetooth, and you can't turn it off. They stated that is the way it works. No doubting you. Just stating where I got that tidbit.

 

How do you turn off NC in the UE 9000? If there is sequence where you can turn it off, that might be a game changer for me..

 

Thanks up front,  

post #230 of 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
 

Well, you know I am a noob over here..:D

 

With that said, I am quite sure I read a review of the UE 9000, and it stated the NC ONLY comes on when you are using bluetooth, and you can't turn it off. They stated that is the way it works. No doubting you. Just stating where I got that tidbit.

 

How do you turn off NC in the UE 9000? If there is sequence where you can turn it off, that might be a game changer for me..

 

Thanks up front,  

 

Nevermind, was thinking of a different headphone... 

 

I apologize if I mislead anyone!  Not sure what headphone I was thinking of :/ 


Edited by tinyman392 - 5/3/14 at 8:47pm
post #231 of 891
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post
 

 

Nevermind, was thinking of a different headphone... 

 

I apologize if I mislead anyone!  Not sure what headphone I was thinking of :/ 

I'd never heard about NC being able to be turned off either on the UE9000. Even the salespeople said it couldn't so your comment kind of confused me. Which headphones were you thinking of? The might be good ones to consider if they are bluetooth.

post #232 of 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b2 View Post
 

I'd never heard about NC being able to be turned off either on the UE9000. Even the salespeople said it couldn't so your comment kind of confused me. Which headphones were you thinking of? The might be good ones to consider if they are bluetooth.

 

I know the Phiaton MS 530 allows this, they're on-ear though. 

post #233 of 891
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
 

IMO, putting NC on bluetooth phones is a downer. I think it is fair to say, the price of NC is a decrease in SQ..  IMO again, bluetooth headphones can't afford to give away any SQ..  Sheesh, they are shunned on here in Head Fi, simply because of their lower SQ then wired.. But, they are getting better.. IMO, to include NC which cost, why didn't they leave it out..and make a model with just NC?  That is what Sony did.. On my beloved Sony MDR 1RBTMK2, they have and MDR 1RNC, a plain MDR 1R.. That's 3 models of the same headphone.. I was really ready to jump on that $149.99 for refurbished one..

 

Anyway, I got 3 sets of headphones traveling by air all to me.. ;) My replacement MK2s, my replacement HK BTs, and the AF62.. All of them according to tracking are in the air.. ;)

 

BTW, on my learning curve, I am finding out that the open headphones are for home use or in a closed environment.. I want to get a set of open cans, but can decide on which ones..

These will be strictly for home use, and my closed back phones are for mobile use out in the open, and work.  


Like turbobb said earlier, nothing wrong with putting NC on bluetooth headphones, as long as you can turn it off. The feature does come in handy sometimes. Are you after wired or wireless open cans? If you want wireless nothing beats the Sennheiser RS 220. Not cheap but definitely the best wireless sound I have ever heard. Cans are semi open though I believe not fully open.

post #234 of 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobb View Post

 

I've never experienced the UE9000 but I'll take tinyman392's word that NC can be shut off in BT mode. :D 

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post
 

 

headphones use vs the DAC/AMP that the source device use...  NC can always be turned off...  

 

Hey guys, big thanks for banging this old man's head against the wall, and telling him "yes, NC can be turn off on the UE 9000".. :beerchug:

 

When you all get my age, you will see how slowness can creep in (senility)and slow the comprehension process... :D

 

With that said, please tell me the how to turn off NC in bluetooth mode with the UE9000??

 

Thanks again for the patience/feedback/help...:beerchug:

post #235 of 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post
 

 

Nevermind, was thinking of a different headphone... 

 

I apologize if I mislead anyone!  Not sure what headphone I was thinking of :/ 

I just saw this after I replied.

 

No problem, we are all HUMAN...

 

The main point is, I got the CORRECT info now..

 

Thanks again.. :beerchug:

post #236 of 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b2 View Post
 

I'd never heard about NC being able to be turned off either on the UE9000. Even the salespeople said it couldn't so your comment kind of confused me. Which headphones were you thinking of? The might be good ones to consider if they are bluetooth.

n00b2, I have read up on several headphones that the NC can be turned off, think they have buttons. Can't recall which one they are.. But, all of them said, the SQ dips a little with NC on.  

post #237 of 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b2 View Post
 


Like turbobb said earlier, nothing wrong with putting NC on bluetooth headphones, as long as you can turn it off. The feature does come in handy sometimes. Are you after wired or wireless open cans? If you want wireless nothing beats the Sennheiser RS 220. Not cheap but definitely the best wireless sound I have ever heard. Cans are semi open though I believe not fully open.

Come on n00b2, you know I am  a newbie.. The Sennheiser RS 220, are not bluetooth, I think they are RF transmitter, different ball game.. :D

post #238 of 891
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
 

Come on n00b2, you know I am  a newbie.. The Sennheiser RS 220, are not bluetooth, I think they are RF transmitter, different ball game.. :D


You were asking about open headphones for home use. You don't need bluetooth for home use. :tongue_smile: Yes the RS 220 use wireless transmitter connected to source, but the headphones are still wireless and produce better sound quality than over bluetooth. I'm pretty sure there won't exist any open headphones with bluetooth connectability for a couple of reasons. Open headphones are used by audiophiles and the like who prefer a more natural sound. Not the type of people who would ever look at bluetooth headphones. Bluetooth headphones are designed generally for portability. Portable headphones are basically always going to be closed to prevent other people hearing what you are listening to.


Edited by n00b2 - 5/4/14 at 7:25am
post #239 of 891
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
 

n00b2, I have read up on several headphones that the NC can be turned off, think they have buttons. Can't recall which one they are.. But, all of them said, the SQ dips a little with NC on.  


Yeh sound quality will invariably drop if you use NC. Can't really be helped but in really noisy environments, headphones with NC will sound better than normal high quality headphones which are muffled by background noises. Sennheiser MM 550-X has NC that can be disabled (and all the other Sennheiser bluetooths I believe). So does the Parrot Zik. Tinyman392 said the Phiaton Chord also has that option.

post #240 of 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b2 View Post
 


You were asking about open headphones for home use. You don't need bluetooth for home use. :tongue_smile: Yes the RS 220 use wireless transmitter connected to source, but the headphones are still wireless and produce better sound quality than over bluetooth. I'm pretty sure there won't exist any open headphones with bluetooth connectability for a couple of reasons. Open headphones are used by audiophiles and the like who prefer a more natural sound. Not the type of people who would ever look at bluetooth headphones. Bluetooth headphones are designed generally for portability. Portable headphones are basically always going to be closed to prevent other people hearing what you are listening to.

 

Okay, I got it/understand it now.. :beerchug:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › High End Bluetooth Headphones