Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › High End Bluetooth Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

High End Bluetooth Headphones - Page 15

post #211 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by red71rum View Post
 

I don't know if you guys have tried these(Logitech UE9000), but I found these refurbished and posted on SD:

 

http://slickdeals.net/f/6903529-logitech-ue-9000-bluetooth-headphones-149-refurbished?p=67810685#post67810685

 

 

I wonder how they compare to my Meelec Matrix2 AF62's that I have coming (but have not shipped yet)?

 

I have read that those are excellent headphones, although they need a bit of EQ tinkering, but, and it is a very big BUT, they do not work of Samsung Galaxies because of some problem with the aptx profile. There is a very big thread in the logitech forum (i think it is there, but could be elsewhere) of people complaining, and it seems logitech gives a ******** damn.

post #212 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by apertotes View Post
 

 

I have read that those are excellent headphones, although they need a bit of EQ tinkering, but, and it is a very big BUT, they do not work of Samsung Galaxies because of some problem with the aptx profile. There is a very big thread in the logitech forum (i think it is there, but could be elsewhere) of people complaining, and it seems logitech gives a ******** damn.


Thanks for the heads-up. I will have to check that out, and I will stick with the AF62s, maybe someone else will benefit from the deal though.

post #213 of 383
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by red71rum View Post
 

I don't know if you guys have tried these(Logitech UE9000), but I found these refurbished and posted on SD:

 

http://slickdeals.net/f/6903529-logitech-ue-9000-bluetooth-headphones-149-refurbished?p=67810685#post67810685

 

 

I wonder how they compare to my Meelec Matrix2 AF62's that I have coming (but have not shipped yet)?


The UE 9000 is good good overall and it has basically two different sound signatures on it. When I did try it out it sounded like a normal good quality pair over wire but had a very heavy, punchy sound over bluetooth. I think that had something to do with the noise cancelling though tbh which can't be turned off over bluetooth iirc. Wasn't bad or anything and some people would prefer the bluetooth sound but the different sound signatures for wire vs wireless did put me off.

post #214 of 383

Saw those UE9000s come up on SD and was tempted for a bit, but read about the competing sound signatures and saw that they were pretty bulky, so I think I'm more convinced by the AF62s at $80 (with a longer warranty too).

 

Still having connection issues with the AF62s though. I'm going to get a different pair via Amazon and see if that fixes the issue. None of the other headsets I've been trying have the same issue, so I don't believe it to be caused by interference.

post #215 of 383
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by birarda View Post
 

Saw those UE9000s come up on SD and was tempted for a bit, but read about the competing sound signatures and saw that they were pretty bulky, so I think I'm more convinced by the AF62s at $80 (with a longer warranty too).

 

Still having connection issues with the AF62s though. I'm going to get a different pair via Amazon and see if that fixes the issue. None of the other headsets I've been trying have the same issue, so I don't believe it to be caused by interference.

Hopefully it is just a bad pair and not a fault with the headphones design. Have you tried disabling all other wireless devices in your house and seeing if the connection issues are still there. If there is no issue try reconnecting one device at a time and see when the problems start again. Not even sure if this would work for bluetooth (I used it to isolate other wireless connectivity issues though) but it might help to isolate what exactly is causing the problems.

post #216 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by birarda View Post
 

Saw those UE9000s come up on SD and was tempted for a bit, but read about the competing sound signatures and saw that they were pretty bulky, so I think I'm more convinced by the AF62s at $80 (with a longer warranty too).

 

Still having connection issues with the AF62s though. I'm going to get a different pair via Amazon and see if that fixes the issue. None of the other headsets I've been trying have the same issue, so I don't believe it to be caused by interference.


I hope my experience will be ok(for the AF62s). I called Amazon and they are expediting the shipping.

post #217 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by red71rum View Post


What shipping method did you use? I ordered mine Monday morning before posting the deal and they still have not shipped..

I am glad that you like them so far. You mentioned that you could feel that you had them on? Is that because of clamping pressure? I also usually wear iems, like my TF10s, and Etys HF-3, but for headphones I like ones that have some clamping pressure like my Senns Amperior.

Where did you order your AF62s from?

 

I see them on Amazon for 2 Prices.. One is $89.00(This is really funny just as I was type this, THAT first Amazon price went up to $90.98 from $89.00)

The second Amazon price is $79 plus $5.49, total $84.49

 

I am pulling the trigger on the second price of $84.49 shipped.  

 

Ha, from the review, I can't beat this deal with a stick. :D

post #218 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b2 View Post
 


The UE 9000 is good good overall and it has basically two different sound signatures on it. When I did try it out it sounded like a normal good quality pair over wire but had a very heavy, punchy sound over bluetooth. I think that had something to do with the noise cancelling though tbh which can't be turned off over bluetooth iirc. Wasn't bad or anything and some people would prefer the bluetooth sound but the different sound signatures for wire vs wireless did put me off.

Does the UE 9000 have aptx?   I saw the refurbished deal and that MSRP of $499, down to $149.99 has me drooling in the mouth.. Dam, that is a high MSRP than the MK2s..

 

Dag n00b2, for $240, we can have the AF62 and the UE9000. 

 

Shucks I just ordered the AF62 for $84.95, when I go home, going to research the UE 9000, but if you tell me they are in the MK2s class or better and sporting aptx, no need for me to research, I am getting em!! :D 

post #219 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post

Where did you order your AF62s from?

I see them on Amazon for 2 Prices.. One is $89.00(This is really funny just as I was type this, THAT first Amazon price went up to $90.98 from $89.00)
The second Amazon price is $79 plus $5.49, total $84.49

I am pulling the trigger on the second price of $84.49 shipped.  

Ha, from the review, I can't beat this deal with a stick. biggrin.gif

I ordered them from seller sa2 I believe, they had a $70 off coupon that I used to get it down to $79 with shipping. I am in trouble with my wife because of my supposed headphone addiction: ) She does not understand that each model is used for something. I have an iem for the gym, ath-m50 for work, Akg 280 parabolic for home and so on. I think that the Af62's might be more comfortable actually than the UE9000.

Edit: the company I ordered from was S2E.
Edited by red71rum - 5/2/14 at 9:19pm
post #220 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by red71rum View Post


I ordered them from seller sa2 I believe, they had a $70 off coupon that I used to get it down to $79 with shipping. I am in trouble with my wife because of my supposed headphone addiction: ) She does not understand that each model is used for something. I have an iem for the gym, ath-m50 for work, Akg 280 parabolic for home and so on. I think that the Af62's might be more comfortable actually than the UE9000.

Cool,  I just ordered a pair off Amazon for $85 including shipping. The addiction is contagious.  :D

post #221 of 383
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
 

Does the UE 9000 have aptx?   I saw the refurbished deal and that MSRP of $499, down to $149.99 has me drooling in the mouth.. Dam, that is a high MSRP than the MK2s..

 

Dag n00b2, for $240, we can have the AF62 and the UE9000. 

 

Shucks I just ordered the AF62 for $84.95, when I go home, going to research the UE 9000, but if you tell me they are in the MK2s class or better and sporting aptx, no need for me to research, I am getting em!! :D 


I'm pretty sure the UE 9000 does have aptx. I can't really say if they were better than the MKII. Was quite a long time ago that I listended to it. I do remember than I wasn't really a fan of the bluetooth sound. Seemed way too boosted for my liking. The sound over wire was as good as other similar priced headphones from memory.

post #222 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b2 View Post
 


I'm pretty sure the UE 9000 does have aptx.

They do:

http://www.aptx.com/category/headphones?page=3

 

Although I noticed that the site is biased towards UK releases as there are a few models (e.g. AF62) that aren't accounted for.

post #223 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobb View Post

They do:
http://www.aptx.com/category/headphones?page=3

Although I noticed that the site is biased towards UK releases as there are a few models (e.g. AF62) that aren't accounted for.

I am learning a lot around here. The UE-9000 does have apt-X which is a plus for me. On the other hand, it has active NC, when in bluetooth mode, an cannot be turned off. Since I found out that SQ goes down a notch with NC, I pass.
Edited by cehowardNote3 - 5/3/14 at 10:04am
post #224 of 383
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post


I am learning a lot around here. The UE-9000 does have apt-X which is a plus for me. On the other hand, it has active NC, when in bluetooth mode, an cannot be turned off. Since I found out that SQ goes down a notch with NC, I pass.

Thats the main reason for the competing sound signatures in the UE 9000 I believe. The fact that over bluetooth the noice cancelling can't be turned off makes it sound very different in that mode. Not bad but it really does seem like 2 different headphones.

post #225 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b2 View Post

Thats the main reason for the competing sound signatures in the UE 9000 I believe. The fact that over bluetooth the noice cancelling can't be turned off makes it sound very different in that mode. Not bad but it really does seem like 2 different headphones.

I think I stated this already. With the UE9000, there are two separate switches for BT and NC. What you stated is factually false. You CAN run BT WITHOUT NC.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › High End Bluetooth Headphones