Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › High End Bluetooth Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

High End Bluetooth Headphones - Page 9

post #121 of 382
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by birarda View Post
 

Guess I should have been clearer - this is a guy who got them from Asia that is now selling them on craigslist. I guess I could ask him if he has the original receipt and then contact the vendor. 


That's always the risk with buying from someone online who is trying to sell it. Asking the seller about original receipt and purchase website/store would definitely be a good way to confirm the warranty process. It might also be worth contacting the original shop about warranty when ownership has changed hands as well. At least where I live many places refuse to honour warranty if the original owner has sold the item. Once I had a company try to refuse to honour warranty claiming a change of ownership because I had moved house, until I threatened to take them to court. Not sure what the rules are like regarding that in America or Asia.

 

For me though I usually ask 2 questions when I'm pondering whether to buy from overseas. Do you feel that getting the better quality headphones at that price is worth the risk of something going wrong and having no warranty? If they last say half the warranty period or more before failing would you consider that money well spent? For me thats usually what it comes down to if I grey import products (or buy from eBay). I usually don't bother with warranties (aside from DOA) when I buy from Asia or eBay or such as my personal experience has often been that the sellers/vendors forget how to speak English the moment the word warranty is mentioned post sales...

post #122 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by birarda View Post
 

Guess I should have been clearer - this is a guy who got them from Asia that is now selling them on craigslist. I guess I could ask him if he has the original receipt and then contact the vendor. 

Correct, that should be the only way you do it, UNLESS, you just want to take a chance.. Not only that, over seas vendors, first thing they want is all original packing in case of warranty work.

This is tough call. Getting them off craigslist, and them be gray market. IF you in the USA,

 

I suggest this.. The Sony MDR 1RBTMK2 is clearly above the although good, Sony MDR 10RBT. Go to Bestbuy, you got a 14day return/refund, and purchased the 10RBT listen them on bluetooth, take them with you when you meet up with the seller of the MDRMK2.. The MK2 should show a clear besting of the 10RBT in every area..

 

Again, that is a tricky deal, getting a gray market item used..Also, the price has to be very tempting to go this route..I would say $200 max for the MK2 used..More than that, you shoild just go with new, and getting the warranty, and the peace of mind that you have a perfect item.

 

Just my two cents....

 

IMO, if you get a good pair of MK2, along with the SI, you be in good shape.. I am finding out, that one, even two pair of headphones is super pleasure, I am going for my 3rd.. :beerchug:

post #123 of 382

Got in contact with Mike, gonna drive down to San Juan Capistrano on Monday and just pick 'em up

 

Also got an apt-x capable bluetooth usb, so I can now lay down forever

post #124 of 382
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteKirby View Post
 

Got in contact with Mike, gonna drive down to San Juan Capistrano on Monday and just pick 'em up

 

Also got an apt-x capable bluetooth usb, so I can now lay down forever


Good to see they are responding to most requests now. can you let me know how big the ear cups are once you get them?

post #125 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteKirby View Post

Got in contact with Mike, gonna drive down to San Juan Capistrano on Monday and just pick 'em up

Also got an apt-x capable bluetooth usb, so I can now lay down forever

Let us know quickly how they perform, I might want to jump on the bandwagon before the 24th.
post #126 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b2 View Post
 


Good to see they are responding to most requests now. can you let me know how big the ear cups are once you get them?

 

Here's a couple pictures, just taken with a cell phone so nothing major, but yeah

 

Box opened, nice carrying case/pouch sorta thing, not expected, definitely a nice little add-on

 

 

The Stance + the accessories. Nothing major, a 3.5 --> 6.5 adapter, airplane adapter, and the USB charging cable, as well as the easy setup guide and a bit more thorough of a guide.

 

 

And a quick comparison picture between my HD600s, the Stance, and my Momentums

 

 

The Stance's earcups are larger than the Momentums by a bit, certainly wider and a tiny bit taller, and the Momentums are known for having a fairly small earpad even though they're over ear, so these may be more fitting. Currently I'm charging them before I do anything, so I can't comment on audio quality just yet besides memory of the meet last month, but I'll be testing them out via bluetooth, as I picked up an apt-x bluetooth USB for my PC, hopefully it's easy setup and JRiver works with it and stuff.

post #127 of 382

Thanks for the pictures! Really interested to hear your audio quality impressions once you get them charged!

post #128 of 382

Thx LK! Mine won't be here until tomorrow so waiting on your impressions... :popcorn:

 

BTW, which aptx adapter did you get? I had initially purchased an Azio but then later on an Orico. I noticed the Orico was ever so slightly better connection-wise (less interference) and is likely due to the way the antenna is formed at the end.


Edited by turbobb - 4/21/14 at 4:01pm
post #129 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by birarda View Post

Thanks for the pictures! Really interested to hear your audio quality impressions once you get them charged!

Gonna give them a few days before I say anything 100% but out of the box they have a bit of in your face sound. Good for rock. Forward mids and relaxed bass. Clamps a bit tight and like every other closed headphone I've used they seem to hate my earrings even though they're small studs. Wanna see how burn in works on them as well as try wired and wired amped
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobb View Post

Thx LK! Mine won't be here until tomorrow so waiting on your impressions... popcorn.gif

BTW, which aptx adapter did you get? I had initially purchased an Azio but then later on an Orico. I noticed the Orico were ever so slightly better connection-wise (less interference) and is likely due to the way the antenna is formed at the end.

I ended up buying two in case one didn't work. First was I think an Orico, and the other was the Creative D1. Works with the D1 and paired pretty easily.

I don't think they're useable while charging which kinda sucks, and it didn't seem to work with WASAPI in jriver but that may just be user error

All in all, happy so far! Mike is a cool dude and I'm hoping they're popular
post #130 of 382
Bit of an update

Using them wired with the powered mode helps them out a lot, and it seems its an EQ'd amp. Getting a similar feel and sound listening to them out of my X3 --> E12

They seem to pair well with any sort of warm source, the bass boost on the e12 helps a ton, I think its the only headphone I've used it on, though the only others I've tried are both bass monsters in comparison (jh16 and 11)

I feel they'll respond very well to eq, maybe just a slight boost I'm the lower frequencies

Still great wireless though, pretty fun walking around the house not caring about cables

Gonna leave them running for some burn in this week, I should get my Bifrost Uber tomorrow as well, so I can get a bit of an idea how a desktop DAC+amp makes them sound in comparison to straight Bluetooth or a portable player
post #131 of 382

Got to work today and saw package on my desk, so I guess they did show up on Monday after all.

 

Charging them now to give them a go on wireless first once they are ready.

 

I am not impressed so far by the build quality but it is something I suppose I could get past if the sound is great.

 

Still wishing the MDR-10RBTs would come back at $150.

post #132 of 382

Really happy with the limited bleed of sound so far. We work in a pretty intimate office and I've asked co-workers to let me know if they hear anything coming from the cans and there have been no complaints even with the volume up pretty high.

post #133 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteKirby View Post

Bit of an update

Using them wired with the powered mode helps them out a lot, and it seems its an EQ'd amp. Getting a similar feel and sound listening to them out of my X3 --> E12

They seem to pair well with any sort of warm source, the bass boost on the e12 helps a ton, I think its the only headphone I've used it on, though the only others I've tried are both bass monsters in comparison (jh16 and 11)

I feel they'll respond very well to eq, maybe just a slight boost I'm the lower frequencies

Still great wireless though, pretty fun walking around the house not caring about cables

Gonna leave them running for some burn in this week, I should get my Bifrost Uber tomorrow as well, so I can get a bit of an idea how a desktop DAC+amp makes them sound in comparison to straight Bluetooth or a portable player

How does the aptx get activated when using bluetooth with an aptx supporting device-source?

 

Example, on my Sony, when I turn them on I have to do power button and volume + button at the same time to activate the aptx on the headphones. With the Harman Kardon, the aptx activates automatically..

post #134 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
 

How does the aptx get activated when using bluetooth with an aptx supporting device-source?

 

Example, on my Sony, when I turn them on I have to do power button and volume + button at the same time to activate the aptx on the headphones. With the Harman Kardon, the aptx activates automatically..

Seems to activate automatically. OS X is reporting that it is using aptX with the S1s for me.

post #135 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
 

How does the aptx get activated when using bluetooth with an aptx supporting device-source?

 

Example, on my Sony, when I turn them on I have to do power button and volume + button at the same time to activate the aptx on the headphones. With the Harman Kardon, the aptx activates automatically..

 

I'd assume it's automatic, I'm not 100% sure, as my PC doesn't tell me, but based on birarda's post it seems to be automatic. I dunno if there's a way to check on Win7 with my adapter

 

Neither my phone nor tablet support apt-x, so I can't really test with those sadly

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › High End Bluetooth Headphones