Overview of what I am looking for:
* Budget: $200. Slightly flexible. $230ish max
* My Source: 95% Fiio E10 DAC/AMP. 5% HTC One
* Isolation Wanted: Some. I usually have a fan on in my room at all times
* Type of headphones: Over ear
* Tonal balance: Something like the Sony V6s, but a bit more bass. So flat with a bump in the bass/sub bass range?
* Past headphones: Sony MDR V6
* Preferred Music: Pretty much everything. These days its mostly Indie Rock, Electronic, and Trance, but I need an all around headphone.
I have had my V6s for 3 years now and they are kinda dead now. I am looking for a durable set of headphones that will last me a very long time, pretty much the last headphone I will have to purchase for the decade :D. A replaceable cord would be a HUGE plus!
I enjoy the sound signature of the V6s, but I would like a little more bass. I really like high impact, but I am not looking for overpowering bass. I am fine with getting used headphones as long as they are durable and the cord can be replaced.
So far I am looking at the Sony MDR-1R, Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm, AKG 551, and the Sony MDR 7510. The MDR-1Rs seem like the best option. I might go to a local sony store and try them out.
I know my budget is not that high, but I can't afford to spend anymore, I don't really want to either.
Let me know if you have any more questions! Thanks!