Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › FiiO › Fiio X3 disable usb charging
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X3 disable usb charging

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

Dear folks,

 

am I able to disable/turn off USB charging while connected to PC? Will continuous charging while using DAC function hurt the battery? How should I properly use my Fiio X3 in this case? 

 

I really appreciate you help/hints/reactions.

post #2 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoj View Post
 

Dear folks,

 

am I able to disable/turn off USB charging while connected to PC? Will continuous charging while using DAC function hurt the battery? How should I properly use my Fiio X3 in this case?

 

I really appreciate you help/hints/reactions.

 

1, Not.

 

2, NOt.

 

3, The continuos charging while using DAC will good for the battery because the charging current is quite small.

post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 

3 x Thank you.

post #4 of 13

There's a feature request in bugzilla concerning exactly this issue. Regardless of the effects for X3's own battery, continuous charging does at least shorten the runtime of your laptop's battery! So an on/off option in the X3's settings would really be nice!

post #5 of 13
Sure hope this feature can and will be implemented
post #6 of 13

I hope this will be included in X5 too.

 

It is useful to use it with an Android phone as a DAC :)

post #7 of 13

I just noticed the post by James, who should know !

 

Was he saying that we can't turn off the USB charging now, which we already know?  

 

Or was he saying that technically this cannot be done at all.

 

I am just wondering if our bugzilla wish is tilting at windmills.

post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAnguita View Post
 

I hope this will be included in X5 too.

 

It is useful to use it with an Android phone as a DAC :)

 

sorry , x3, x5 is not designed for such feature, not because the power, it is because the usb mode.

post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalsnuffy View Post
 

I just noticed the post by James, who should know !

 

Was he saying that we can't turn off the USB charging now, which we already know?  

 

Or was he saying that technically this cannot be done at all.

 

I am just wondering if our bugzilla wish is tilting at windmills.

 

 

please understand that it is not means that we should fix or can fix or the issues people report in bugzilla. for example, if you report to Apple that you need a new features, like extra Micro SD card slot in iPhone6. do you think they will do that ? how do you think about this ? is it means they never listening 

 

to customers ? or they are not a great company ?

post #10 of 13
James. You have a terrific company. I already have two of your products. So I was not trying to criticize you and that was not the intent of my post.


Can you please clarify the following. It appears that the x3 and perhaps the x5 simply cannot ever have a low power usb mode. Is that what you are saying ?
post #11 of 13
Any updates on this please ?
post #12 of 13

sorry not.

post #13 of 13

definite bummer.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FiiO
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › FiiO › Fiio X3 disable usb charging