The response to the Official Metro Detroit Head-Fi Meet and Get-Together has been great! I’m happy to say that I’m able to post he first preliminary attendant last as well as anticipated gear list here.
IMPORTANT: While there is some world-class headphones, amps and DACS coming, it is imperitive to provide a source as well as power strips for your gear. Remember, your headphones without a source is just a really expensive paperweight!
Date and Time:
September 20, 2014
11AM - 4PM
Great Lakes Pump & Supply Company
1063 Naughton Drive
Troy, MI 48083
When you arrive, there is a parking lot between two buildings. We will be in the conference room in the West building. Just arrive at the front door where you will receive your lanyard.
Thanks to Audio Guy for providing the space for the meet. Public WiFi will be available for the day. We need to make sure that we treat the facility as well as everyone’s equipment as if it were our own.
THERE IS NO SOURCE BEING PROVIDED BY THE FACILITY. You will need to provide a source for your gear in order for it to be heard. You will also need to provide an electrical strip as well for your gear.
You will be required to wear your name badge lanyard the entire day. NO ONE will be allowed into the room without this credential. Each individual will also be provided a name tent to place next to their set-up as well.
Brian Zilo (zabzaf)
Thanks to warrenpchi for the idea to do a t-shirt to remember the occasion. I have setup a store on Spreadshirt where the t-shirt I designed for the meet can be individually purchased. Be the envy of all your friends (maybe not). Shirts are only $15.40 plus $4.50 shipping. Here's the link:
We’ll add to this list if anyone else says they are coming:
|1964 Ears V-6|
|AKG 240 Sextet|
|AKG K702 - Balanced Mod with Handmade Cable|
|Audeze LCD-2 Rev. 2.1|
|Audeze LCD-3 with Norse Cables|
|Audio Technica ATH-M50|
|Beyerdynamic DT 880|
|Beyerdynamic DT 990 250 ohm|
|Beyerdynamic DT 990 600 ohm|
|Beyerdynamic DT770 w/Turbulent X Drivers|
|Beyerdynamic DT880 600 ohm|
|Grado PS 500|
|HifiMan HE 400|
|Koss Porta Pro|
|Sennheiser MX 365|
|Sennheiser HD 558|
|Sennheiser HD 650|
|Sennheiser HD 800 with Stephan Audio Art Endorphin|
|Sennheiser IE 800|
|Takstar Hi-2050 with various mods|
|Ultrasone Edition 10's w/ whiplash|
|ASUS STX card and amp|
|Eddie Current ZDSE|
|Eddie Current ZDT|
|JDS Labs CCMOYBB Altoids headphone amp|
|Schiit Asgard 2|
|Woo Audio WA6SE|
|AlgoRhythem Solo -dB|
|Bricasti M-1 DAC with Transparent XL Reference Digital Cabling|
|Direct Stream DAC|
|HRT MusicStreamer II|
|Schiit Bifrost Uber USB|
|Schiit Opti Modi|
Connects and Interconnects
|Silversmith Palladiums SE|
For those interested, we are going to go out for dinner after the meet. We plan on going to:
Ashoka Indian Cuisine
3642 Rochester Rd
Troy, MI 48083
Other Event Notes:
There will not be any amplification or sources available as part of the facility. Therefore, it is encouraged that you bring amplification and sources if you have them to maximize the experience for everyone. Audio Guy will attempt to make available a public wi-fi connection for attendants.
The preliminary rules are:
1. I'll contact the pre-registered attendees to get the Name, Address, Email, Contact number the week before the Meet, and will respond with the venue details.
2. At the meet, you would be required to provide a valid photo id when registering at the registration table. Your valid photo id will be cross checked with the details provided prior to the meet.
3. You should bring an extension cord or power strip if you can (along with other cables necessary for your setup) . Don't forget to bring your source as well as amplification.
4. Please be careful and respect other members properties, ask before you pull a phone out of a plug – some amps if they are not powered down before inserting or pulling out a jack have the potential to blow. Again be very careful.
5. Be on the watch out for power cords and headphone cable on the floor and tables, you can easily knock over equipment, or hurt yourself – if this is your first meet be weary the floor will be littered with cable.
6. Please restrict consumption of food or drinks to the designated place ONLY and place all trash in the plastic bags provided. PLEASE also wash your hands if it is dirty before touching anything.
7. No wet hair, or put anything in their hair at all (e.g. wax, gel, mousse etc) (Will be refused entry). Strong aftershave or deodorants are also not good. Also, clean in and around your ears. Nobody wants their cans covered with earwax.
8. No need to panic or spoil the mood (it's unlikely I'll run off with your $10k amp) - but leaving keys, wallets or expensive IEMs unattended might not be a good idea
9. You must wear the name tag at all times.
Space is becoming limited so if you have interest and have not yet PM’ed me, do so soon.
Look forward to seeing everyone there!
Edited by zabzaf - 9/19/14 at 3:36pm