Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Lab 1 The latest version High End iem fom Final Audio Design and My First impression
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lab 1 The latest version High End iem fom Final Audio Design and My First impression - Page 3

post #31 of 45
From what I've read, the lab will be different than the Heaven, or any other iem in their line, in other words it's unique.
post #32 of 45

Hello apossibleworld,

 

are you still looking for the LAB1?

post #33 of 45

Looks like he's back. Be careful, apossibleworld...

post #34 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetaudio13 View Post
 

Hello apossibleworld,

 

are you still looking for the LAB1?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

Looks like he's back. Be careful, apossibleworld...

 

Well, I'm looking for a second pair. jet, how many do you have?

post #35 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee0612 View Post
 

I'm also looking for a pair jet., or If you are willing to trade those pair of LAB1 to my AKR02.. :)


Did you compared AKR02 with FI-BA-SS ? I really intend to buy one FAD, the LAB 1 is too expensive for outdoor usage as you can't replace the cable

post #36 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee0612 View Post

I'm also looking for a pair jet., or If you are willing to trade those pair of LAB1 to my AKR02.. smily_headphones1.gif

Hi lee

If you like to buy lab 1 , please visit the dma Hong Kong headphone store
They have stock at the moment


Cheers

Rudi
post #37 of 45

Hi, how do you guys compare the LAB1 with the FI-BA-SS? thanks.

post #38 of 45

Picked up the Lab 1 today. On overall sound quality (across different music genres), comfort (weight, size and fit) and versatility (consistently good on high end DAPs and iOS devices), the Lab 1 is really hard to beat, universals or customs.

 

They are also very easy to travel with -- small and unassuming, the rubber cable is flat and rolls up easily. Build quality is great, really nothing to complain about, well, except for the low grade and, quite frankly, ugly case. Also, not sure why it comes resting on a bed of faux fur. IMO, the kitsch eccentricity is so not like the minimalistic industrial-like design of the Lab 1.

 

If like me, you like the MH335DW and Ref 1, I think you would be very happy with the Lab 1. It's not as forward or engaging but the soundstage and clarity is astonishingly comparable and it's a lot easier to listen to for long periods without feeling any fatigue or the slightest discomfort.

 

Very pleased to be one of one fifty. :)

post #39 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by efftee View Post
 

Picked up the Lab 1 today. On overall sound quality (across different music genres), comfort (weight, size and fit) and versatility (consistently good on high end DAPs and iOS devices), the Lab 1 is really hard to beat, universals or customs.

 

They are also very easy to travel with -- small and unassuming, the rubber cable is flat and rolls up easily. Build quality is great, really nothing to complain about, well, except for the low grade and, quite frankly, ugly case. Also, not sure why it comes resting on a bed of faux fur. IMO, the kitsch eccentricity is so not like the minimalistic industrial-like design of the Lab 1.

 

If like me, you like the MH335DW and Ref 1, I think you would be very happy with the Lab 1. It's not as forward or engaging but the soundstage and clarity is astonishingly comparable and it's a lot easier to listen to for long periods without feeling any fatigue or the slightest discomfort.

 

Very pleased to be one of one fifty. :)

 

It's actually quite befitting of FAD and Takai in general, as every major FAD product is steeped in arcane Japanese wackiness. Honestly, if I don't immediately go "what the ****?" upon experiencing some aspect of a FAD phone, it probably isn't very FAD-esque to begin with

post #40 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

It's actually quite befitting of FAD and Takai in general, as every major FAD product is steeped in arcane Japanese wackiness. Honestly, if I don't immediately go "what the ****?" upon experiencing some aspect of a FAD phone, it probably isn't very FAD-esque to begin with

You're probably right. This is my first encounter with FAD, hopefully not the last (next up is the Piano Forte X), and the Lab 1 sure is a great start.
post #41 of 45
Had a chance to listen to the fabled Lab1s at the Fujiya-Avic Show today, very enchanting sound.


post #42 of 45

Curious, how many of these were ever produced? The markup on secondhand resales must be ungodly :eek:

post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0SLobos View Post
 

Curious, how many of these were ever produced? The markup on secondhand resales must be ungodly :eek:


150.

post #44 of 45
Does anyone have experience of pairing the lab1 with the teraplayer? I imagine from the impedance of 8 ohms it doesn't pair well at all?
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasily View Post

Does anyone have experience of pairing the lab1 with the teraplayer? I imagine from the impedance of 8 ohms it doesn't pair well at all?

Actually, the LAB sounds very good when paired with the Tera-Player. I can't explain why, as I was expecting poor performance, but was very pleasantly surprised by how well they paired. I guess there is more to good sound that just output impedance vs phone impedance.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Lab 1 The latest version High End iem fom Final Audio Design and My First impression