or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware - Page 46

post #676 of 1976
Ah... nice one. Thanks mate. Will do and will let you know.
post #677 of 1976

Caveman-level question for Rockbox on the DX50:  how do you bring up the context menu? 

post #678 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Red Eft View Post
 

Caveman-level question for Rockbox on the DX50:  how do you bring up the context menu? 

On WPS screen long tap on the upper right corner, on the other screens long push select button (Play/Pause).

post #679 of 1976

Agreed on the WPS context menu.

 

I wouldn't recommend using the Play/Pause button though. Just long press any menu item, folder or song to get its context menu.

post #680 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

Agreed on the WPS context menu.

 

I wouldn't recommend using the Play/Pause button though. Just long press any menu item, folder or song to get its context menu.

 

Why not the Play/Pause button? To avoid wearing it out?

post #681 of 1976

That is a big reason. Also more consistent results.

post #682 of 1976

I see that Rockbox has a setting that limits max volume -- seems like just the thing to keep from jellying one's ears with a DX50.  But the setting is leveled by decibels descending from zero, and I have no idea how many decibels would be two-thirds or three-quarters of maximum volume.  After my recent experience with maximum volume, I'd rather not just start experimenting.  Does anyone use this setting who's found a level they're happy with?

post #683 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Red Eft View Post

and I have no idea how many decibels would be two-thirds or three-quarters of maximum volume.

Don't worry about the numbers. Find a quiet place, set the volume to a comfortable level, and leave it there.
post #684 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Red Eft View Post
 

I see that Rockbox has a setting that limits max volume -- seems like just the thing to keep from jellying one's ears with a DX50.  But the setting is leveled by decibels descending from zero, and I have no idea how many decibels would be two-thirds or three-quarters of maximum volume.  After my recent experience with maximum volume, I'd rather not just start experimenting.  Does anyone use this setting who's found a level they're happy with?

 

3/4 of maximum volume is -1.25 dB.  Probably though this is not what you actually meant.  

post #685 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
 

 

3/4 of maximum volume is -1.25 dB.  Probably though this is not what you actually meant.  

That is what I meant --- think that's still too high?

post #686 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Red Eft View Post

That is what I meant --- think that's still too high?

Sure, if you have super-efficient in-ears and the gain set to high. That's permanent hearing damage in under five minutes of listening.

Maybe not if you have 600 zohm headphones and the gain set to low unless you happen to like your music whisper-quiet.

Like I answered you before, finding a comfortable listening level has nothing to do with numbers. It's you in a quiet place gradually increasing the volume to a comfortable level.
post #687 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Red Eft View Post
 

That is what I meant --- think that's still too high?

 

I was being facetious.  Human hearing is logarithmic, so 75% volume sounds very similar to 100%.  You probably want to limit volume to a lot less than 75%, -20 dB (1% volume) might be a better limit.  Alternatively, you could just adjust the volume to whatever is comfortable, then add 5dB and set the limit to that.  

post #688 of 1976
Guys,

I have a rockboxed dx50 using it with my gr07 be and m100s at medium gain and -15db, i like these combos very much..

When i listen through LO adding O2 to the combo its better with both and i find more significant change with the gr07 be in terms of soundstage, separation and details, but the O2 is not a portable option..

I have leckerton uha-4, when i tried it, i felt it better using the dx50 amp specially in sound stage,

So i didn't like it with uha-4, and i read alot recommend bh2.

So how is bh2 compared to uha-4 with such combos ??

If bh2 will be better i can add it to the portable rig, if it wont improve it, then i would just go with the dx50 its already great for me, but the O2 showed me there is still better..

Iam asking about bh2 because it is cheap, and cant afford better right now..

But iam open for suggestions !!
post #689 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdixon View Post

Guys,

I have a rockboxed dx50 using it with my gr07 be and m100s at medium gain and -15db, i like these combos very much..

When i listen through LO adding O2 to the combo its better with both and i find more significant change with the gr07 be in terms of soundstage, separation and details, but the O2 is not a portable option..

I have leckerton uha-4, when i tried it, i felt it better using the dx50 amp specially in sound stage,

So i didn't like it with uha-4, and i read alot recommend bh2.

So how is bh2 compared to uha-4 with such combos ??

If bh2 will be better i can add it to the portable rig, if it wont improve it, then i would just go with the dx50 its already great for me, but the O2 showed me there is still better..

Iam asking about bh2 because it is cheap, and cant afford better right now..

But iam open for suggestions !!
You should get the D42, it is awesome with the ibasso,they have the same house so that is a plus.

As for the rock box, I'm thinking of doing this as well, my DX50 still freezes alot and its getting old. They told me to send it back but it will 30 bucks and worst of all it will be weeks before I get it back. I will wait for the next FW update an see what happens. Are you liking the rock box better than the original?
post #690 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post

You should get the D42, it is awesome with the ibasso,they have the same house so that is a plus.

As for the rock box, I'm thinking of doing this as well, my DX50 still freezes alot and its getting old. They told me to send it back but it will 30 bucks and worst of all it will be weeks before I get it back. I will wait for the next FW update an see what happens. Are you liking the rock box better than the original?

How is the size of the mamba compared to the dx50 ??


Well as for rockbox, i kept switching back and forth too many times and felt confused, at the end i felt that i tend to like the warmth of the stock firmware, but everybody else seemed to like the neutrality of rockbox and even said it had more details, so due to these opinions , also due to my confusion and finding it hard to settle which is better + rockbox features from playlist to equalizer and crossfeed.

I ended up with rockbox without looking back, and its great for me.

You have to try it anyway..

Same here looking forward to next stock firmware !!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware