or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware - Page 41

post #601 of 1976

an Indian mango why on earth would they choose a mango that looks more like an apple lol....

comparing tracks between the 2 firmwares i cant believe that i prefer the SQ on the dx50 firmware

i listened to a few tracks on rockbox and there was significant amount of detail that was not there

but was very apparent on the dx50 firmware .

please don't shoot me down but the detail in the piano,guitar,drums was so much more believable

in my opinion 

did not use the EQ on rockbox either , i tried it but not much better .

thats just my opinion guys..

does anyone feel the same way about this please let me know

or maybe i am doing something wrong lol ....

post #602 of 1976
Thread Starter 
nothing wrong, that's just your preference
post #603 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholasheadfi2 View Post

an Indian mango why on earth would they choose a mango that looks more like an apple lol....

lllooolll
post #604 of 1976
Think they were better of using a banana at least an Indian banana looks the same
As a British banana lol ....smily_headphones1.gif
post #605 of 1976
I'm all good with RB.. If ibasso will release a new FW.. Will give it a try and do some comparison.. I love the neutrality of RB
post #606 of 1976
I agree but saying that I just think the original firmware has a bit more emotion
To it , that little bit of warmth does it for me .

What cans or iems are you using , I am using the shure 535se ..
post #607 of 1976
I think ibasso wont release a neutral sounding FW IMO.. I think the emotion your telling is more like a sound coloration for me
post #608 of 1976
That is no way coloration by any means ....sorry do not agree with that ..
post #609 of 1976
yup now worries about that.. got a different ear you know lol
post #610 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by doki81 View Post

it's a mango~....mango is the android os that dx50 is using... smily_headphones1.gif

Mango is iBasso's player software.

What's underneath is a heavily stripped-down Jelly Bean.
post #611 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Atrocity View Post
 

Does rockboxing get rid of the crazy volume problems?

 

This is an important point for me so the more people can confirm this, the better. I won't buy this unit until i know for certain that there are no crazy volume problems. 

post #612 of 1976

I tried the RB, didn't care for it that much, took it off.  I didn't notice much of a sound difference using Dunu 1000, so didn't see a need for it.  YMMV.  :o2smile:

 

Oh, and I have no volume spikes on mine, though I am running it at full volume through Line Out to a JDS Labs C5 amp.  

post #613 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholasheadfi2 View Post

That is no way coloration by any means ....sorry do not agree with that ..

 

Color by any other name is still color. The DX50 firmware is not neutral. 

 

Color is not necessarily a bad thing. My FAD IEMs are definitely colored and that is their signature. Personally I could not stand the DX50 firmware sound. It was never quite right. I retired my DX50 for several months until Rockbox came out. Now the DX50 is back in action with the Pico Power and sounding very good indeed.

 

(And I just did a comparison of mango and Rockbox. My opinion has not changed regarding the DX50 firmware. No thank you.)

post #614 of 1976
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

Color by any other name is still color. The DX50 firmware is not neutral. 

Color is not necessarily a bad thing. My FAD IEMs are definitely colored and that is their signature. Personally I could not stand the DX50 firmware sound. It was never quite right. I retired my DX50 for several months until Rockbox came out. Now the DX50 is back in action with the Pico Power and sounding very good indeed.

(And I just did a comparison of mango and Rockbox. My opinion has not changed regarding the DX50 firmware. No thank you.)

Agree, at first glance the difference is obvious between mango and RB for me. Using Roxanne the DX50 FW is too warm and overpowering the mids and highs. RB certainly fixed that for me. With a powerful and equally neutral amp, DX50 is hard to beat.

My hope with DX90 is that I would not need an amp for it and if iBasso make it as close to neutral as RB. Otherwise, RB will be coming to DX90 as well (I hope).
post #615 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post


Agree, at first glance the difference is obvious between mango and RB for me. Using Roxanne the DX50 FW is too warm and overpowering the mids and highs. RB certainly fixed that for me. With a powerful and equally neutral amp, DX50 is hard to beat.

My hope with DX90 is that I would not need an amp for it and if iBasso make it as close to neutral as RB. Otherwise, RB will be coming to DX90 as well (I hope).

 

Yes. But even if the DX90 has a good internal amp and is neutral - 'big ifs' in my view - I still hope that the DX90 gets Rockbox. It has so many great features.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware