or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware - Page 102

post #1516 of 1976

I have been testing the new fast dual boot for a few days now.

The boot up is much improved, it's pretty much instant. I have had a few occasions of stuttering sound, at the beginning of a track and especially after changing folder or artist, this is on RB. I don't know if it has anything to do with the beta, but I've not had stuttering before on any FW.

 

Great work, keep it up please.

post #1517 of 1976

Another who has tried the latest dual boot. To me it has worked perfectly. With a much faster boot.


And without any stuttering problem during play.


Any suggestions where to look for more anomalies ?.

 

Thanks for this great work.

post #1518 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by tingis View Post

Another who has tried the latest dual boot. To me it has worked perfectly. With a much faster boot.


And without any stuttering problem during play.


Any suggestions where to look for more anomalies ?.

Thanks for this great work.

Thanks for testing and for the feedback! The only thing I could imagine that could make problems is booting or USB connection in normal "mass storage" mode. But it seems to be absolutely stable :-). Our genius ArgelErx did once again a wonderful job.
post #1519 of 1976

In fact I used the "mass storage" usb mode  and "single charge" and I have not noticed any problems.

 

ArgelErx congratulate for their dedication and effort.

And cholero for your great work, in the progress of this work to those who possess the iBasso DX50.

 

Greetings.


Edited by tingis - 1/11/15 at 12:50pm
post #1520 of 1976

Since that first time I have not had any stuttering, don't know what could have caused it, but all seem to work now, and s said, the boot time is very quick.

 

Well done

post #1521 of 1976

I was attempting to try out the new dualboot, but I think i accidently bricked my dx50 in the process. I tried installing the 1.6.0+cwm+rbdual image on the first post with rkbatchtool, but all I'm getting is a Check Chip Fail. It no longer boots into anything and I'm kind of stressing out. Can somebody please help!?!?!

post #1522 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by hullo8d View Post
 

I was attempting to try out the new dualboot, but I think i accidently bricked my dx50 in the process. I tried installing the 1.6.0+cwm+rbdual image on the first post with rkbatchtool, but all I'm getting is a Check Chip Fail. It no longer boots into anything and I'm kind of stressing out. Can somebody please help!?!?!

I dont know rkbatchtool. Is the player really off? After holding power for >4 seconds it should be off.

post #1523 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post
 

I dont know rkbatchtool. Is the player really off? After holding power for >4 seconds it should be off.

Well the player is now constantly on. It does go through the shutting off motions, but it just goes back into the same black screen/no responsiveness mode and my pc recognizes it.

post #1524 of 1976
Did you try to flash stock Firmware?
post #1525 of 1976

Yeah I tried a few (stock, sound unlocked, the one in the first post of this thread), but no luck. I'm going to try flashing it on a different computer later today and see if that works. 

post #1526 of 1976

Well I just tried it on a different pc and I'm still getting the check chip fail message again. I really don't know what to do at this point. 

post #1527 of 1976

What OS computer(s) have you used with the rkbatchtool? I had exactly the same check chip fail on my win 8.1 64bit, on my old XP 32 bit it worked first time.

post #1528 of 1976

T.R.A.N.C.E. seens to have had this problem with his DX90, maybe you can ask him how he got it fixed.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/dx90-2x-sabre-1st-page-downloads-info-inst-dap-fw-2-1-5-lurker0-fw-mod/7140#post_10727136

post #1529 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3 View Post
 

What OS computer(s) have you used with the rkbatchtool? I had exactly the same check chip fail on my win 8.1 64bit, on my old XP 32 bit it worked first time.

I'm running windows 7. This isn't the first time I've tried flashing it, so it's worked in the past.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post
 

T.R.A.N.C.E. seens to have had this problem with his DX90, maybe you can ask him how he got it fixed.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/dx90-2x-sabre-1st-page-downloads-info-inst-dap-fw-2-1-5-lurker0-fw-mod/7140#post_10727136

I saw his post yesterday when trying to look up a solution. I'm trying to get in contact with ibasso directly to see if they can help. If that leads to a dead end I'll probably send him a PM.

post #1530 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by hullo8d View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post
 

I dont know rkbatchtool. Is the player really off? After holding power for >4 seconds it should be off.

Well the player is now constantly on. It does go through the shutting off motions, but it just goes back into the same black screen/no responsiveness mode and my pc recognizes it.

The same thing happened to me when installing a beta version of Rockbox. I was able to turn it off and I would hear the processor "click", but then it would turn right back on. What I did was open rkbatchtool before plugging my DX50 in. I would turn it off and right when I would hear that "click" I would hold the volume+ button and plug it in to my computer straight away. Once I did that I was able to return to stock firmware using rkbatchtool.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware