or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware - Page 92

post #1366 of 1976

I have totally drain the battery and it lasts 7h15 according to "running time".

 

Edit : I have recharged my dx50 with Rockbox and at 100% it displays 8h45.


Edited by Ritwan - 12/3/14 at 1:46pm
post #1367 of 1976

So here is my second try of the patched DX50 firmware 1.6.0 with cwm. It also contains the rockbox dualboot app (version 20141013), that means after the firmware update it should already work:

1.6.0+cwm+rbdual 

as always: at your own risk

 

I've tried it coming from 1.5.0+cwm with the old stock_recovery.zip from Ilia  -> worked

I've tried to upgrade to it from stock 1.6.0  -> worked

I've also tried to overwrite the rockbox dualboot app with the dualboot-app-cwm-zip (just to test CWM and system partition) -> worked

 

Take the rockbox builds from post #1292 if you don't have it already. Extract it to the internal drive.

post #1368 of 1976

Ok, here's another thing I found today. Since this thread seems to be the flycatcher at the moment. 

 

I'm probably the only person who uses it, but I like to use random folder advance. So when all the tracks in one folder are done playing, it jumps to a randomly picked new folder and starts there. To use it you have to use the random folder advance configuration plugin (sorry if I don't have the name exactly right) to set up all the folders you want to use for this, so it knows what to look through when picking a random folder. 

 

This plugin, when used as supplied, doesn't work currently. It starts counting folders, and somehow gets in a loop or something and doesn't stop. 

 

There's a cheap and easy fix, that was suggested on the rockbox forum to me - creating small .txt file named folder_advance_dir.txt, with just the paths of the places you have your audio files stored. You can have just the root of both the internal card and the external sd card, or I just have the external sd card in mine. Throw this file in your .rockbox directory, and the plugin works normally. 

 

I've never had to use this file with rockbox on the other players I've used, which leads to my question - maybe there are some settings you need to specify for this plugin before compiling rockbox? To make it "just work"? I don't know much about coding for rockbox, so forgive me if my words are wrong, or even naive. 

post #1369 of 1976

I'm listening to most tracks at -26db to -30db.  Is it just me or am I really listening at really soft volumes.  Everyone I know seems to be at a much higher volume.

 

Usually sitting at 185-195 volume on stock OS.

post #1370 of 1976

Line out or headphone out? If it's headphone out, it totally depends on what you're using it with. If it's the line out, I always use 0db, and use the volume control on my power amp. This also depends on what you're driving though. There are no hard and fast rules - do what suits your needs. 

post #1371 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by sduck View Post
 

Line out or headphone out? If it's headphone out, it totally depends on what you're using it with. If it's the line out, I always use 0db, and use the volume control on my power amp. This also depends on what you're driving though. There are no hard and fast rules - do what suits your needs. 

 

 

Headphone out just driving a pair of Brainwavz M3.  

 

I've actually opened up a can of worms for myself (did a bit of searching on the forums just then) with dB ratings but found no hard answers.  I probably didn't know where to look.

 

On rockbox at 0 volume, it's sitting at -99dB.  If I'm listening at -30dB, it really means it's sitting at 69dB issen't it?

 

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm having blonde moments today.

post #1372 of 1976
@sduck: the random advance config file is needed because androids file system has thousands of strange files in it and thousands of symbolic links. So you have to set a filter for the folders. "/mnt" should be good. Maybe we should look if it is not possible to create this file when the plugin is compiled.
Edited by cholero - 12/3/14 at 8:09pm
post #1373 of 1976

Yes, it works fine with the txt file; but I didn't need one with the official builds for the various irivers and sansa players I've used in the past. That's why I'm wondering if there's some kind of argument you can add to the plugin pre-compile that does the requisite directory limiting. 

post #1374 of 1976
It is about the filesystem structure of android
post #1375 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkie View Post

I'm listening to most tracks at -26db to -30db.  Is it just me or am I really listening at really soft volumes.  Everyone I know seems to be at a much higher volume.

Usually sitting at 185-195 volume on stock OS.

255 0dB
253 -1dB
251 -2dB
249 -3dB
....
post #1376 of 1976

Minor issue with screen not going idle when USB transfering is occuring.  Is this normal?

post #1377 of 1976

Dear Cholero,

 

I just tried your Rockbox file: it works perfectly ! I wish you will succeed with ArgelErx to port Rockbox as it should and then we would share all the work done by the music lovers community...

 

Thank you again !

post #1378 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdick View Post
 

Dear Cholero,

 

I just tried your Rockbox file: it works perfectly ! I wish you will succeed with ArgelErx to port Rockbox as it should and then we would share all the work done by the music lovers community...

 

Thank you again !

 

 

Perfect !!!

 

Merci ;o)

post #1379 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkie View Post
 

Minor issue with screen not going idle when USB transfering is occuring.  Is this normal?

rockbox crashes when usb is connected as mass storage. The usb picture is already a big luxury ;-) . The picture is displayed by the dualboot app, when rockbox crashes because of the sdcard umont (?). Maybe it will never be solved but it is not a big problem anyway.

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdick View Post
 

I just tried your Rockbox file: it works perfectly ! I wish you will succeed with ArgelErx to port Rockbox as it should and then we would share all the work done by the music lovers community...

 

Thank you again !

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxel View Post

 

Merci ;o)

de rien :-) credits go to iBasso, Ilia, ArgelErx and the rockbox dev's

post #1380 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post
 

rockbox crashes when usb is connected as mass storage. The usb picture is already a big luxury ;-) . The picture is displayed by the dualboot app, when rockbox crashes because of the sdcard umont (?). Maybe it will never be solved but it is not a big problem anyway.

de rien :-) credits go to iBasso, Ilia, ArgelErx and the rockbox dev's

 

Agreed it's not a big issue at all.  I was just thinking if I've done something wrong somewhere lol.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware