hello rockbox fans,
three posts back I was just writing about the new developer ArgelErx and one day after he published a complete code rewrite of the DX50/D90 implementation. He did mainly do code-cleanup and reorganisation. Now I decided to do a test build that the ones who like to can test it and give feedback if all things work as they should (I guess you won't find any port related bugs :-) ).
Besides all the massive code cleanup, there are also some new features:
- usb image when mass storage is connected
- setting to change usb mode: "ADB", "charge only" and "mass storage"
- setting to change cpu scale governor
- setting for "hold": "all", "touchscreen only", "touchscreen, power + volumen"
- extended cpu statistics
- setting for the delay between backlight off and touchscreen off
There is one main problem with the build: If you want to try it, you will have to switch to the new installation method. In the future all builds will be like that or similar.
The main difference between the old and the new installation:
|location of the rockbox app||/system/rockbox/lib/||/mnt/sdcard/.rockbox|
|location of the rockbox settings||/mnt/sdcard/rockbox||/mnt/sdcard/.rockbox|
|update process||flash zip in cwm||extract the content of the zip to the internal drive of the player|
The advantage of the new build style is that you will not need to go to cwm anymore once you have installed the new dualboot-app. Every new build can just be extracted to the internal drive. You can also do backups of the folder (program + settings).
Installation instruction for this test build
prerequisites: installed Firmware 1.5.0 with CWM by @DOC2008
- Download the files:
a) dualboot-app-cwm-zip (this does not contain rockbox anymore)
b) rockbox-build-zip either
i) ArgelErx's cleanup or
ii) ArgelErx's cleanup + my modern_ui (sorry I made you all addicted to this mod ;-). I used to call it "smartphone UI"
- connect your player to the computer to have access to the internal storage
- copy the dualboot-app-cwm-zip (cwm_rb-bootloader_sdcard_2014-10-13.zip) to the root of the internal drive of your DX50 (or where you usually put cwm-zips)
- backup your rockbox settings: make a copy of the folder "rockbox" on your DX50 drive and rename it to "rockbox_backup" (or whatever name you like)
- rename the folder "rockbox" to ".rockbox" (I don't know if this works well on all Operation Systems. If it does not work on your, try next step first (step 6), then copy the content of the "rockbox" folder to the ".rockbox" folder and delete "rockbox" afterwards. You may also need to enable "show hidden files" on your file browser because a folder beginning with a dot is regarded as hidden folder on may Operating Systems)
extract the content of the rockbox-build-zip (rockbox_2014-11-17_DX50_g1043-2.zip) to the internal drive of your DX50 (it contains a single folder ".rockbox"). Confirm every question about merging and overwriting with "yes", "overwrite" or "merge"
- Reboot to cwm: Power off, then power on with holding vol+
- Flash the dualboot-app-cwm-zip
- reboot and enjoy
source code: rockbox git, patches: Major code cleanup and reorganization for iBasso DX50/DX90., "Modern User Interface"
to go back to an older build, rename your backed up "rockbox-backup" folder back to "rockbox". Then flash your desired old build in cwm.
Edited by cholero - 11/19/14 at 1:55am