or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware - Page 83

post #1231 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post
 

The < > supposed to work as usual! I dont have the player with me so I can't try it right now. It should be for both < and >

> down, > up   - skip

> down, hold >  - seek forward

> down, > up, > down, hold >  - skip to next folder

 

It isn't like that? I will double-check it this evening. Are you using 0913 build? 

 

I'm using the latest build you've posted here, but this has been the same in all the builds for the DX50 so far since the first one I tried, the 2014-03-26 one. The skip to next track function of the physical buttons hasn't worked in any of the rockbox versions. It works fine in mango on my device. The >down, hold - seek forward works fine. I've tried a million different times, with different button press times, it hasn't worked once. I've had rockbox on 4-5 other devices, it's always worked fine on them, so I'm pretty sure the problem in in this build of rockbox. Unless there's a setting that I'm not aware of that might be disabling this.  

post #1232 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by sduck View Post
 

I'm using the latest build you've posted here, but this has been the same in all the builds for the DX50 so far since the first one I tried, the 2014-03-26 one. The skip to next track function of the physical buttons hasn't worked in any of the rockbox versions. It works fine in mango on my device. The >down, hold - seek forward works fine. I've tried a million different times, with different button press times, it hasn't worked once. I've had rockbox on 4-5 other devices, it's always worked fine on them, so I'm pretty sure the problem in in this build of rockbox. Unless there's a setting that I'm not aware of that might be disabling this.  

On my DX50/RB buttons works exactly as they should. (latest build).

But I have different problem. On startup there is the message, that the 'database is not ready'. I try different settings in database settings but message is still there every time on startup. Some of album arts is not displayed even if they are non progresive jpg file embeeded in music file.


Edited by serafko - 9/23/14 at 10:26pm
post #1233 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by sduck View Post

I'm using the latest build you've posted here, but this has been the same in all the builds for the DX50 so far since the first one I tried, the 2014-03-26 one. The skip to next track function of the physical buttons hasn't worked in any of the rockbox versions. It works fine in mango on my device. The >down, hold - seek forward works fine. I've tried a million different times, with different button press times, it hasn't worked once. I've had rockbox on 4-5 other devices, it's always worked fine on them, so I'm pretty sure the problem in in this build of rockbox. Unless there's a setting that I'm not aware of that might be disabling this.  
That is interesting. On your device nothing happens if you are in WPS and press < or > nothing happens? Does jump up/down stepwise work in menus with physical buttons?
This is not normal. But repeated press that seems to work on your device+rockbox uses the same keycode so at the moment I have no idea what the problem could be, sorry. I guess on your device it is only happening. Maybe you could save your setting to a cfg file and reset all rockbox settings just to see if it has to something with settings.
post #1234 of 1976
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by serafko View Post

On my DX50/RB buttons works exactly as they should. (latest build).
But I have different problem. On startup there is the message, that the 'database is not ready'. I try different settings in database settings but message is still there every time on startup. Some of album arts is not displayed even if they are non progresive jpg file embeeded in music file.
Of this problem i wasn't aware. Do you have gather runtime data enabled?
Maybe it is necessary to rebuild the database.
post #1235 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post

That is interesting. On your device nothing happens if you are in WPS and press < or > nothing happens? Does jump up/down stepwise work in menus with physical buttons?
This is not normal. But repeated press that seems to work on your device+rockbox uses the same keycode so at the moment I have no idea what the problem could be, sorry. I guess on your device it is only happening. Maybe you could save your setting to a cfg file and reset all rockbox settings just to see if it has to something with settings.

Yes, it's odd. I'd say it might be a physical problem, but it works normally in mango, so probably not. One thing I guess is that, as I've used rockbox so long, that when setting up a new device I just go through a lot of the settings and set them to my preferences - and perhaps when I did this with this new build back in March I set something wrong. There are always some settings that work in different ways on different devices. So I'll try resetting everything and see what happens - I'm guessing it'll fix it.

Edit: well, that was easy to do. Why didn't I think of that? You probably know the answer - I reset the thing, after saving my old configuration (which I won't need now), and the buttons work completely normally. Thanks for the suggestions and help!
Edited by sduck - 9/23/14 at 11:09pm
post #1236 of 1976

With my rockboxed dx50 pressing right or left arrow skips to the next song or back to start/previous track as expected.

post #1237 of 1976
Right. As you may have missed, I got it working again on mine.
post #1238 of 1976

For me the backlight fading would be a nice feature but I also dislike the flickering. So I also have disabled it.

post #1239 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post

I
Of this problem i wasn't aware. Do you have gather runtime data enabled?
Maybe it is necessary to rebuild the database.

I have tried this with gather runtime data enabled and disabled , with same result. In database settings there is a few settings that i don't know the right way to use.

-Gather runtime data (works with new build. on older the use produse runtime error),

-Initialize Now,

-Update Now,

-Auto Update.

Perhaps someone could explain the right way to use those settings. Sometimes when i try to update database RB tell me that the program is building database in gackground, but he manage to build only a few albums, another time he show message box with yes or no for initializing database, in short i can not produse the same behavior every time i try to update database.

post #1240 of 1976
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by serafko View Post
 

I have tried this with gather runtime data enabled and disabled , with same result. In database settings there is a few settings that i don't know the right way to use.

-Gather runtime data (works with new build. on older the use produse runtime error),

-Initialize Now,

-Update Now,

-Auto Update.

Perhaps someone could explain the right way to use those settings. Sometimes when i try to update database RB tell me that the program is building database in gackground, but he manage to build only a few albums, another time he show message box with yes or no for initializing database, in short i can not produse the same behavior every time i try to update database.

 

Before you try any of these database options make sure you constrain the database to scan only the /mnt/external_sd folder and look only for music files.Otherwise, you will have different sorts of issues if you let it scan the whole system.

 

Go to Settings -> General settings -> Database -> Select Directories to scan.

 

You use "Initialize Now" just once to generate the database for the first time. Do not repeat this after you have created the database or you will lose data in the existing database. 

 

Update Now - If you want to force RB to scan for newly added files (only in /mnt/external_sd if you set this constrain as noted above).

 

Auto Update - Rockbox will periodically look for newly added music files in the scan directories and automatically add them in the database.

post #1241 of 1976

I just wanted to take a minute to thank headwhacker, cholero, and everyone else who has contributed to this thread. I picked up a DX50 in early May and, thanks to everyone here, have been running Rockbox on it since shortly thereafter, and am loving it! I especially wanted to thank everyone who has posted their issues when installing and using earlier versions, as I had many of the same issues but found solutions for them already waiting for me in this thread. 

 

Thank you, all. Your hard work is not unappreciated!

post #1242 of 1976

Great to hear. This thread has been quiet for some time. That is a very good sign (=everything is working fine).

I just wanted to mention that I did not stop working on the port. What I'm doing right now is the installation procedure for the official rockbox page. Rockbox is already succesfulli running from /sdcard (internal drive, rw access with mass_storage) instead of /system (readonly partition, can only be updated over adb or with cwm). But because there are no more features until now, I did not make a new build. Everybody who wants to upgrade later will have to move his rockbox settings directory. I wait with that until I have everything 100% sure (= accepted in the official repository).

For the initial installing (what you don't need to do anymore, only new users) I want to make a script that patches the official firmware, without cwm installed. I will keep you up to date if something interesting happens.

post #1243 of 1976
Thread Starter 
indeed a good sign if the thread is quiet. More time to enjoy listening with Rockbox ☺️
post #1244 of 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post
 

Great to hear. This thread has been quiet for some time. That is a very good sign (=everything is working fine).

I just wanted to mention that I did not stop working on the port. What I'm doing right now is the installation procedure for the official rockbox page. Rockbox is already succesfulli running from /sdcard (internal drive, rw access with mass_storage) instead of /system (readonly partition, can only be updated over adb or with cwm). But because there are no more features until now, I did not make a new build. Everybody who wants to upgrade later will have to move his rockbox settings directory. I wait with that until I have everything 100% sure (= accepted in the official repository).

For the initial installing (what you don't need to do anymore, only new users) I want to make a script that patches the official firmware, without cwm installed. I will keep you up to date if something interesting happens.

Great news, keep on going that way.

post #1245 of 1976

Ive been searching a bit here and there but i havent really been able to fine a concrete answer. I just installed Rockbox on my DX 50 and there doesn't seem to be a quick way to switch between the two OS's?

 

When i first rebooted for the first time right after installing, i got a screen with two boxes that said to press previous button to choose mango [with a graphic that looked like a note and a mango fruit] and to press forward to boot into RB. But i cannot seem to get this screen anymore. Pressing Power+volume_Up only brings up the Recovery screen for installing the zip file.

 

Is there a way to easily boot into Mango or do i have to reflash 1.5.0 every time i want to do so?

 

Thank you for your time,

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware