or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware - Page 80

post #1186 of 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanus View Post
 

There is a merge conflict with the latest trunk.

firmware/common/rbpaths.c does not exist anymore.

The related functionality is now located in

firmware/target/hosted/filesystem-app.c

 

Thanks for your information. I know, I'm still changing from revision a731780. Every command I used that has to do with git or gerrit was the first time for me (yes I'm a git-noob). I don't know if I can update the current patchset. If you know how, please tell me...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanus View Post
 

Noticing too that the boot selector code isn't part of the gerrit.

The original one of Ilya located here

https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/dx50sw/src

which is already adapte by you.

 

I would guess it might go somewhere into

rbutil/ibassopatcher

similar to the rbutil/ipodpatcher

 

Yes, thank you. I had no idea where to put it. I will include it there. I never opened that folder (rbutil) before, to be honest.

 

I get more help from head-fi than I expected. Thank you guys!


Edited by cholero - 9/12/14 at 12:23pm
post #1187 of 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post
 

 

Thanks for your information. I know, I'm still changing from revision a731780. Every command I used that has to do with git or gerrit was the first time for me (yes I'm a git-noob). I don't know if I can update the current patchset. If you know how, please tell me...

Hm, I don't know as well. You already created some patch sets, can't you create a new one from the latest trunk revision?

Anyhow, maybe you can ask the rockbox devs by adding a new comment to gerrit?

post #1188 of 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post
 

 

Thanks for your information. I know, I'm still changing from revision a731780. Every command I used that has to do with git or gerrit was the first time for me (yes I'm a git-noob). I don't know if I can update the current patchset. If you know how, please tell me...

I'm not too familiar with git as well (and I don't know gerrit at all), but I guess what you need to do is a "git pull --rebase" on your local rockbox git repo. That will apply your local changes ontop of the pulled rockbox master.

That will then cause then a merge conflict with that missing rbpaths.c file, where you can choose to delete it.

Afterwards you can adapt then the filesystem-app.c

But I have no idea if that is sufficient in the context of gerrit.

post #1189 of 1975
I think merge commits are not possible on gerrit. I've exactly tried bevore what you wrote and it would have been a different commit, no more in with the same id, commit --amend is not possible anymore.
For the moment I leave it as it is.
For you, to compile it by yourself, don't expect any additional features, it is the same as my 08-27-classic build.
post #1190 of 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post

I think merge commits are not possible on gerrit. I've exactly tried bevore what you wrote and it would have been a different commit, no more in with the same id, commit --amend is not possible anymore.
For the moment I leave it as it is.
For you, to compile it by yourself, don't expect any additional features, it is the same as my 08-27-classic build.

I see, thanks for your info.

post #1191 of 1975

But @Brendanus I don't want to hold you back from setting up the compiling environment for the DX50 port, in contrary, please do it! Everyone who has set it up, finds out something more to optimize or modify the port (see all the thing that headwhacker tries out for DX90).

It is very interesting to get a bit into the code of rockbox!

post #1192 of 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post
 

But @Brendanus I don't want to hold you back from setting up the compiling environment for the DX50 port, in contrary, please do it! Everyone who has set it up, finds out something more to optimize or modify the port (see all the thing that headwhacker tries out for DX90).

It is very interesting to get a bit into the code of rockbox!

Indeed.

I've managed to install the android sdk and ndk, and now I can compile the rockbox by my own. (I had to fiddle around a while to get the correct android version installed via the eclipse gui). Fortunately I'm working on a native linux PC, compiling under Windows seems not to work according

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/AndroidPort

I've applied also your latest gerrit commit (thread size increase), that solves not only the gather runtime data, but as well the database initialization itself.

The number of songs on my device is rather big (>5000), and trying to init the database resulted in a panic, now that is solved as well with the bigger stack size.

post #1193 of 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanus View Post
 

Indeed.

I've managed to install the android sdk and ndk, and now I can compile the rockbox by my own. (I had to fiddle around a while to get the correct android version installed via the eclipse gui). 

Great, linux all the way :beerchug:. It is a very good feeling to know that there is someone else who can compile the port and is looking at the code.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanus

I've applied also your latest gerrit commit (thread size increase), that solves not only the gather runtime data, but as well the database initialization itself.

The number of songs on my device is rather big (>5000), and trying to init the database resulted in a panic, now that is solved as well with the bigger stack size.

 

Great. I was not aware of the database init problem. The stack size increasation came from headwhacker, thanks to him.

 

If you got used to my so called "smartphone UI" you can take a cloer look at the first patch set on gerrit.

 

 

And if you want homework to do ;-)  : it would be great to have an entry in the settings menu to switch between usb mass_storage and charge only (with adb)

This is something i would like to look at next and something else: headwhacker has changed many paths in his repo from /sdcard to /mnt/sdcard if I'm correct. I want to  find out if these problems exist also on DX50 and if they cannot be solved differently.

post #1194 of 1975
Quote:

Originally Posted by cholero View Post

 

If you got used to my so called "smartphone UI" you can take a cloer look at the first patch set on gerrit.

 

Did that already, made a mixture that suites my personal taste.

post #1195 of 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post

 

And if you want homework to do ;-)  : it would be great to have an entry in the settings menu to switch between usb mass_storage and charge only (with adb)

???

Actually I never used the adb, I'm creating always cwm rockbox zips, installed via the CWM menu

post #1196 of 1975

I like this better, too, but if you want to try out something, whith adb you need maybe 30 seconds after compiling and you know if it works. With CWM i have maybe 5 min.

Adb is also very handy if you want to use the console output for debugging things. If you write printf("My variable: %d\n",myvariable);  for debugging in your .c file, you will have this output in your adb console if you start the program. Otherwise you have to write the debug information to files (which is not bad neither but not "live").


Edited by cholero - 9/13/14 at 2:22pm
post #1197 of 1975
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post

 

And if you want homework to do ;-)  : it would be great to have an entry in the settings menu to switch between usb mass_storage and charge only (with adb)

This is something i would like to look at next and something else: headwhacker has changed many paths in his repo from /sdcard to /mnt/sdcard if I'm correct. I want to  find out if these problems exist also on DX50 and if they cannot be solved differently.

 

@Brendanus If you got adb working or if you are able to extract the system.img file from the OFW look at /system/bin/openadb.

 

This will let you control the USB function betwee adb and mass storage. You can create a similar script with opposite effect name it maybe "closeadb" and you can add in the settings the options to call on these two scripts.

 

It will be nice to have someone else look at the code. two heads are better than one as the saying goes and so on ...  :wink_face:

post #1198 of 1975

I fear I'm not a big help with that, my C programming knowledge is very limited.

Anyhow, some good news from the rockbox devs:

 

  Michael Giacomelli   2:22 AM

Patch Set 5: Code-Review+1

I'm satisfied with the state of the port. If no one complains, and you are ready, I'll probably commit it this week.

post #1199 of 1975
I was just joking when I gave you the "homework". My C knowledge is also very limited.

About the gerrit comment: Michael, he is the (only) one who was always watching the progress and pushing things forward.
post #1200 of 1975

New custom CWM-flashable build for/with stock Firmware 1.5.0 including following new changes to the official repository:

  • bugfix: dualboot selector was not shown when a cable was connected to lineout (this was my  bug, not xzcc's)
  • bugfix: enabling "gather runtime data" does not cause a crash anymore (big "thank you" to @headwhacker). According to @Brendanus this fix also fixes a general database initialization error.


List of all old modifications to xzcc's build 2014-06-30:

  • longpress of play button in menu works correctly
  • new dual-boot mechanism (Hold-Switch enables boot-selector, otherwise last player is booted)
  • Headphone output click -> connected on playback not at startup 
  • Battery level calculated from voltage
  • working plugins: all (only startup and keymap tested)
  • "Smartphone UI Style" (modded backlight and button behaviour)
  • lock switch works as intended
  • timers@playback not very slow anymore
  • "gather runtime data" works


Download: 
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ew18mi


Edited by cholero - 9/14/14 at 9:26am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware