or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware - Page 70

post #1036 of 1833
I was not clear enough, you misunderstood me:
I highly recommend to copy themes to internal drive (/mnt/sdcard/rockbox) not to system partition with cwm, adb or in a .img file (/system)
Because after a update you have to install them again
Edited by cholero - 7/25/14 at 7:15am
post #1037 of 1833
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post

I was not clear enough, you misunderstood me:
I highly recommend to copy themes to internal drive (/mnt/sdcard/rockbox) not to system partition with cwm, adb or in a .img file (/system)

lol, I did I guess. I think adding the themes to the img file would benefit those who frequently flash FW now that  there are a lot of FWs available both stock and modded to try.

 

But yeah, if iBasso release a new firmware you have to create a separate build  to include those themes.


Edited by headwhacker - 7/25/14 at 7:19am
post #1038 of 1833
Well, everyone is free to do it how he likes.
If you put your themes to the internal drive they stay there no matter what rockbox version or OF you have or want to update
post #1039 of 1833
Thread Starter 
Yeah agree, it's always about weighing the pros and cons.
post #1040 of 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post

New Build with only one change:

*Headphone output is connected when you play first song, not at startup -> click is much softer the longer you wait

just downloaded it mate..will flash it later

List of all old modifications to xzcc's build 2014-06-30:
  • longpress of play button in menu works correctly
  • power-button when screen is off doesn't do back-action, only backlight-on (does not work if you just pressed something else before)
  • new dual-boot mechanism (Hold-Switch enables boot-selector, otherwise last player is booted)
  • Headphone output click -> connected on playback not at startup 

Download: 
https://www.sendspace.com/file/7l70z6

please tell me if you have any problems

just downloaded it mate..will flash it later
Edited by cub0ne - 7/25/14 at 8:02am
post #1041 of 1833
I would appreciate a feedback to make sure that my device is not the only one with a softer "click" with the new build
post #1042 of 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post
 

 

Do you mean the click at startup or the one when you play the first song?

If it is the second one, how long did you wait between "Rockbox ready" and playing a song?

 

 

 

To get to WPS there is no quick way. If you use my theme arc-en-ciel or naranjada, you can click on album art to go back to wps from file menu (if in settings, you have to press it twice).

 

I was talking about the click at the startup of the device which coincides with the appearance of the choice screen or with the start of rockbox when it boots to rockbox automatically now, I don't think I ever experienced a click at the start of a song

post #1043 of 1833

Good work Cholero, i really appreciate your new build and the way to use the menu and get back easily to the WPS screen. However, i don't think the "click" is softer

post #1044 of 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholdo View Post

Good work Cholero, i really appreciate your new build and the way to use the menu and get back easily to the WPS screen. However, i don't think the "click" is softer
Thank you for the feedback.
I really start to think that not all devices are equal regarding this click.
But please tell me: you agree to hear a loud click/pop when you start the device mango/rockbox (stronger on sensitive and low Z headphones)?
With my newest build, there are 2 possible times to hear a click: a) when rockbox screen appears b) when you start playback.
Which click is not softer, a) or b)?
And if b), is it not softer if you wait some more seconds before you start the first song after a fresh boot? Thanks

@all: Was the pop at startup never a problem for you?
post #1045 of 1833
never really got that clicking thing to be honest..
post #1046 of 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post


Thank you for the feedback.
I really start to think that not all devices are equal regarding this click.
But please tell me: you agree to hear a loud click/pop when you start the device mango/rockbox (stronger on sensitive and low Z headphones)?
With my newest build, there are 2 possible times to hear a click: a) when rockbox screen appears b) when you start playback.
Which click is not softer, a) or b)?
And if b), is it not softer if you wait some more seconds before you start the first song after a fresh boot? Thanks

@all: Was the pop at startup never a problem for you?

I notice that when DX50 is turned off with a current playlist with the track paused and turned on again, the click is stronger. When there is no song paused, the click is softer at the next startup. In general, it is less hard on mango.

Rockbox on, when DX50 is on track paused, it automatically restarts at startup. There he has a way to change this in the settings? thanx

post #1047 of 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholdo View Post

I notice that when DX50 is turned off with a current playlist with the track paused and turned on again, the click is stronger. When there is no song paused, the click is softer at the next startup. In general, it is less hard on mango.
Rockbox on, when DX50 is on track paused, it automatically restarts at startup. There he has a way to change this in the settings? thanx

Thanks!
There are

settings- general settings- automatic resume

And

Setting- genetal settings- startup/shutdown- startscreen
post #1048 of 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholero View Post


Thanks!
There are

settings- general settings- automatic resume

And

Setting- genetal settings- startup/shutdown- startscreen


Thank you Cholero ! It works fine.

post #1049 of 1833

I'm playing around with the sound settings, doing allot of research and familiarizing myself with the terms in the glossary.  I'm becoming more and more amazed at how these terms accurately described what I have been hearing all along, especially in terms of bass.  (guess I'm a basshead after all).   

I think I like the dithering option.  I found a great analogy for it, how it basically brings out more detail with a little sacrifice to quality. (hope I defined that correctly)

I'm reviewing the "attack" settings.  I'm going to make the assumption it has to do with the drum sounds but I'm not sure what a good setting would be.  Does anybody else deal with this because so far I can't really hear a difference.  Maybe my eardrums are not attuned to this sort of thing.  

post #1050 of 1833
The only compresser setting I've tested is threshold which seems to give more volume. I've had surprisingly good results turning the stereo width to 235% and turning the treble and bass up to 5db.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware