or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › For Sale / Trade Forums › For Sale / Trade (and Feedback) Forums › Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade › Replacement Driver units for Denon D2000/5000/7000 or Fostex 600/900
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wanted: Replacement Driver units for Denon D2000/5000/7000 or Fostex 600/900

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 
£200 (GBP) or Best Offer
send a PM to take the next step.

Wanted:
Replacement Driver units for Denon D2000/5000/7000 or Fostex 600/900

Will Ship To: Anywhere

I have recently been victim to a blown right driver in my Denon D7000. This was pretty harrowing given how much they cost only a couple of years ago. However, before I get in touch with my insurer to see if they will cover the loss I wondered if anybody had or knows where to get replacement drivers that fit the cans I already have. I have researched any apparently driver units for the Denon D2000/5000/7000 or Fostex 600/900 range will slot right in.

 

Does anybody have a source for parts or some old unit laying around?

 

Thanks in advance.

post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawingbreath View Post
 

I have recently been victim to a blown right driver in my Denon D7000. This was pretty harrowing given how much they cost only a couple of years ago. However, before I get in touch with my insurer to see if they will cover the loss I wondered if anybody had or knows where to get replacement drivers that fit the cans I already have. I have researched any apparently driver units for the Denon D2000/5000/7000 or Fostex 600/900 range will slot right in.

 

Does anybody have a source for parts or some old unit laying around?

 

Thanks in advance.

I blew out a driver in a pair of D2000s a while ago.  Since the Denon line was discontinued a while ago, the parts, especially the drivers, are basically unavailable for purchase.  I called around to local repair shops and directly to Denon.  It all ended up at the same place - Panurgy, which is Denon's official repair partner.  They wouldn't sell me a driver, but were able to replace it once I sent it in.  I think I paid a little over $100 for the service.  So not as cheap as fixing it yourself, but a reasonable price to keep your headphones alive.

 

And I wouldn't put any driver in other than a D7000 driver or you will have a mismatch in sound.  Or if you get a matched pair from the Denon/Fostex range you could go that route.

post #3 of 4
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGGleR View Post
 

I blew out a driver in a pair of D2000s a while ago.  Since the Denon line was discontinued a while ago, the parts, especially the drivers, are basically unavailable for purchase.  I called around to local repair shops and directly to Denon.  It all ended up at the same place - Panurgy, which is Denon's official repair partner.  They wouldn't sell me a driver, but were able to replace it once I sent it in.  I think I paid a little over $100 for the service.  So not as cheap as fixing it yourself, but a reasonable price to keep your headphones alive.

 

And I wouldn't put any driver in other than a D7000 driver or you will have a mismatch in sound.  Or if you get a matched pair from the Denon/Fostex range you could go that route.


Yeah. I'm aware that I will probably need a pair of whatever brand I got.

I just had a look at that Panurgy page. They don't seem to be very customer friendly. http://www.panurgyoem.com/denon/sraHome.asp

 

It would be so much simpler if the parts could be just sent. It seems very protectionist.

post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawingbreath View Post
 


Yeah. I'm aware that I will probably need a pair of whatever brand I got.

I just had a look at that Panurgy page. They don't seem to be very customer friendly. http://www.panurgyoem.com/denon/sraHome.asp

 

It would be so much simpler if the parts could be just sent. It seems very protectionist.

I agree, but it was the only solution I could find.  They were responsive and quick with the repair, though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › For Sale / Trade Forums › For Sale / Trade (and Feedback) Forums › Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade › Replacement Driver units for Denon D2000/5000/7000 or Fostex 600/900