i am using class t amplifier like topping tp 60 and some class d amp like creek evolution
is it double amping? does it effect the tube sound?
Will the original WA7 work like this?
Does anyone know of anyone who makes a decent quality cable to do this?
Does this mean that the DAC will be powered from the PSU instead of USB, since an optical connection obviously can't carry power?
I love my WA7, but I've never liked that I'm forced to run the DAC off of USB power. It comes in handy when I sometimes want to quickly plug into a system where I don't need the amp portion, but for my permanent desk setup, I'd like to not use dirty USB power. I'll probably buy an isolator someday, but for now, I can't afford to spend money on it; I need a new power amp for a set of speakers I just bought.
Ideally, it would be nice to be able to power everything off of the dedicated PSU, but have separate switches for the DAC and amp sections, as there is no reason to let the tube heaters burn your tube life away if you're only using the DAC.
Okay, good to know. My babies are getting hungry...
Here are some answers to the discussion so far. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
* The headphone amp sound quality is the same as WA7
* There are 2 digital inputs - 1 USB and 1 optical
* RCA output is no longer available in this version
* You can use the 7d as a preamp by using the 1/4" output
* We plan to release the pricing for the new tube power supply the same time. Sorry but no trade-in.
* Estimated delivery date is early May. Special pricing will be offered shortly
Sorry, I guess I read that wrong. So there will be NO special pricing for WA7 owners looking to upgrade to a WA7d?