Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › 8 years ago . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

8 years ago . . . - Page 19

post #271 of 286
Today I have loaner Bakoon Japan DAC 9730 , 192 KHz Sampling 24 Bit high resolution D/A converter

Source : CD player Stello CDA 500
Dac : Bakoon DAC 9730
Amp : T+A. P 10.2 tube pre amp
Headphone : LCD XC
Abyss 1266

SQ improvement fro the loaner Bakoon DAC 9730

High : more pronounced than from CD player , but not extended , clarity is slightly better than CDA 500
Mid : warm sounding mid , analog and neutral sounding mid
Bass : very good bass impact , more to tube sounding bass
Separation : is better compare direct CDA 500
Soundstage : on par

Overall :
Bakoon DAC 9730 has smooth warm sounding dac , overall with Bakoon has better pronounced , mid and bass has more weight
If the clarity has more than yet , maybe :DI have interest
Because I like clarity and detail
IMO


post #272 of 286
Thread Starter 

I appreciate the links to the various companies that appear to have the 009 in stock (or nearly so).  Unless one comes up F/S by tomorrow night, I've pretty much decided to pull the trigger Monday morning.  I had really intended to simply wait 4+ months for Justin to receive his allotment, but I just don't think I've got the patience.  The KGBH arrived yesterday, the Lampizator (big box) Level 5 should arrive soon as well.  Just staring at the KGBH, all alone, ready to play its part in bringing beautiful music to my ears, it's just wrong that it shouldn't have the chance to do so.

post #273 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamaman View Post
 

I appreciate the links to the various companies that appear to have the 009 in stock (or nearly so).  Unless one comes up F/S by tomorrow night, I've pretty much decided to pull the trigger Monday morning.  I had really intended to simply wait 4+ months for Justin to receive his allotment, but I just don't think I've got the patience.  The KGBH arrived yesterday, the Lampizator (big box) Level 5 should arrive soon as well.  Just staring at the KGBH, all alone, ready to play its part in bringing beautiful music to my ears, it's just wrong that it shouldn't have the chance to do so.


I ordered my SR009 last Monday (3/31) and SR009 went out on 4/4.  Happened to catch my supplier at right time.

post #274 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamaman View Post
 

I appreciate the links to the various companies that appear to have the 009 in stock (or nearly so).  Unless one comes up F/S by tomorrow night, I've pretty much decided to pull the trigger Monday morning.  I had really intended to simply wait 4+ months for Justin to receive his allotment, but I just don't think I've got the patience.  The KGBH arrived yesterday, the Lampizator (big box) Level 5 should arrive soon as well.  Just staring at the KGBH, all alone, ready to play its part in bringing beautiful music to my ears, it's just wrong that it shouldn't have the chance to do so.

 

i have asked Stax USA for an explanation. I will not receive one.

 

At this point the reason I'm not a gray market Stax dealer is warranty issues with the SR-009 imbalance. My own SR-009 is now in need of repair, unfortunately out of warranty though.


Edited by justin w. - 4/6/14 at 1:19am

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #275 of 286
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

 

At this point the reason I'm not a gray market Stax dealer is warranty issues with the SR-009 imbalance. My own SR-009 is now in need of repair, unfortunately out of warranty though.

sorry to hear that, wasn't Spritzer looking for a set of SR-009's with channel imbalance issues?


Edited by sethbc - 4/6/14 at 9:27am
post #276 of 286
Not sure. I was hoping someone at the NY meet would steal them but it didnt happen

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #277 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamaman View Post

I appreciate all the replies!  On the issue of budget, $7500 (for headphones, amp, DAC) is what I would feel comfortable spending.  I could go a touch higher.

I've been out of the game too long to have heard the HD800, but the Sennheiser house sound (HD650, for example) isn't exactly my cup of tea.

Just throwing a suggestion here for the amp/dac, I am also looking for a desktop unit and the Oppo HA-1 to come is a ESS9018 dac with top of the line components and a whisper price of around 1200-1500$ US (don't quote me on this). It's coming on June 2014 and apparently is worth the wait. That would be a great amp/dac desktop unit for your budget. Then you can throw more money somewhere else (headphones for example).

http://www.oppodigital.com/future/
post #278 of 286
Thread Starter 

musicheaven - I appreciate the reply, but I've made my decisions and received my purchases, as you can read about here:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/714377/lampizator-5b-kgbh-sr-009

post #279 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamaman View Post

musicheaven - I appreciate the reply, but I've made my decisions and received my purchases, as you can read about here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/714377/lampizator-5b-kgbh-sr-009

Very nice rig, congrats and enjoy hi-fi music! beerchug.gif
post #280 of 286

That DAC is HUGE. Enjoy and CONGRATS

post #281 of 286
Thread Starter 

Thanks, ricksome!

 

Indeed it is large (a 1/4" shy of 20" deep, not including the volume knob, 17 and 1/4" wide).  There is a two-box solution for folks who can't accommodate the depth. 

post #282 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamaman View Post

I appreciate all the replies!  On the issue of budget, $7500 (for headphones, amp, DAC) is what I would feel comfortable spending.  I could go a touch higher.

I've been out of the game too long to have heard the HD800, but the Sennheiser house sound (HD650, for example) isn't exactly my cup of tea.

I have stax SR 007 mk Ii and SR 009 and Abyss

If you like the SQ from your Stax SR 007 mk Ii , than you have only two choices :

1. Go for Stax SR 009 with Stax amp SRM 727 mk Ii + pre amp
If you have pre amp from your home , you can use it
Stax Srm 727 mk Ii as power amp .

2. Go for Abyss + Balance amp Mass Ko Bo 394
As source you can use your home CD player / transport + your home DAC

These two are best headphones in the world

IMO
post #283 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamaman View Post

musicheaven - I appreciate the reply, but I've made my decisions and received my purchases, as you can read about here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/714377/lampizator-5b-kgbh-sr-009

Congrats you choose to the right ones beerchug.gif
post #284 of 286
Thread Starter 
Thank you rudi0504! To my ears, and given my tastes in music, I would have to agree.
post #285 of 286

bahamaman >> For the DAC, wouldn't a 2 box solution be better? Seperating the power supply from the rest of the circuitry.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › 8 years ago . . .