Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › 8 years ago . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

8 years ago . . . - Page 18

post #256 of 286

Well I guess the silver lining to the high demand for 009's is that at some point down the road (years?) there might be some nice prices in the used market if there are enough out in the wild.

post #257 of 286
Thread Starter 

Update:  I purchased a new DAC tonight:  a Lampizator (Gen 4/Level 5, with DSD module, fully balanced, Duelund Caps, Volume Control).  Gently used, purchased from a Lampizator dealer.  Given that the KGBH is presently in transit, the only piece missing at this point are the 009s.

 

I'm almost tempted, given the inordinate wait for the 009s, to buy some 007s as an interim move.

post #258 of 286
Way to blow the budget tongue.gifbiggrin.gif
post #259 of 286
Thread Starter 
Saved about 30% off full retail, though it's just a month old. But, yeah, the budget's pretty much shot all to heck. Probably why I'm considering some current generation 007s, though they don't get much love around these parts.
Edited by bahamaman - 4/5/14 at 3:50am
post #260 of 286

My advice is not worth much but the o2mkII in stock form sounded pretty bad directly compared to mkI's and the 009.  They do look super cool with the black/gold color scheme though.

 

Since your budget is shot anyways I know there are definitely a few 009's up for grabs in the classifieds at what I consider to be slightly inflated prices if that's something you're ok with.

post #261 of 286
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis View Post
 

My advice is not worth much but the o2mkII in stock form sounded pretty bad directly compared to mkI's and the 009.  They do look super cool with the black/gold color scheme though.

 

Since your budget is shot anyways I know there are definitely a few 009's up for grabs in the classifieds at what I consider to be slightly inflated prices if that's something you're ok with.

Actually, I appreciate your advice very much.  My heart tells me to hold out for the 009s, which I hope to do.  It'll just be tough having all the other components in the house and have no way to listen to them.

post #262 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamaman View Post
 

I'm almost tempted, given the inordinate wait for the 009s, to buy some 007s as an interim move.

The long waiting list for 009s seems to have cleared. PriceJapan had a couple in stock a couple of days ago. Those since gone, but the lead time is 2 weeks for new stock.

post #263 of 286
Since buying the 009's in December 2011, ( which I got from pricejapan ) I've not heard anything about this Chinese company that was supposed to be taking over Stax.
post #264 of 286

No news is good news.................

post #265 of 286

Still, every time I see the title of this thread, I think someone is talking about their waiting period go get their BHSE!

post #266 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post

No news is good news.................

I'm querying about the Chinese company wink because the only reason I got the 009's in December 2011, was after hearing about the Chinese company taking over Stax, see I wanted my 009's to be 100% Japanese.
I was going to get a pair when I received the BHSE, but I just panic bought.
While I got the 009's late 2011, I didn't receive the BHSE until June 2012, and the first time I heard my 009's was April 2012 which was with the SRM-007t and SRM-717.
post #267 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1961 View Post


I'm querying about the Chinese company wink because the only reason I got the 009's in December 2011, was after hearing about the Chinese company taking over Stax, see I wanted my 009's to be 100% Japanese.
I was going to get a pair when I received the BHSE, but I just panic bought.
While I got the 009's late 2011, I didn't receive the BHSE until June 2012, and the first time I heard my 009's was April 2012 which was with the SRM-007t and SRM-717.

Last word is that Stax will still be completely made in Japan.  No plans to work with the Chinese overlords on manufacturing.

post #268 of 286
Thanks Crashem.
post #269 of 286

Now we wait 4-6 months for his 009 to arrive. 

post #270 of 286
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004W1S0BY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1396623348&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40

There seem to be vendors that have stock as they promise shipping within days of an order.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › 8 years ago . . .