or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) - Page 35

post #511 of 1296

It's funny everyone how everyone hears things different...people were saying they were better than the H-300. I thought to myself "no way". Very interested in further comparisons H20.

post #512 of 1296
In my experience the DN1k has a more expansive headstage... Not necessarily wider but definitely bigger and more 3d sounding. The DN2k is still wide but more apparent when the track calls for it and is not as 3d sounding.

I used the dn1k spiral tips.
post #513 of 1296

I sold my DN-1000 so I can't do a side by side comparison, but from memory, the DN-2000 had a little more hiss with the DX50 (I am referring to the vocal sss sound). 

post #514 of 1296
Thread Starter 
To update everyone, I've finally had time to sit down with them as things weren't adding up. I've changed the spacers (to red) made a tip change to 'large white/clear silicon' and removed the ear guide fins, It's made quite a difference, now the stage is edging out on DN -1000 and the tonality which I found off has straightened itself out. Keep in mind my early impressions were exactly that and never the last word. Hopefully we can pull these together further. I really want to get my Colorfly C3 back next week.
post #515 of 1296

Softer bass? Nawwww, I love the thunderous impact from the DN-1000 :D

post #516 of 1296
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

Softer bass? Nawwww, I love the thunderous impact from the DN-1000 :D

What about the KC06? 

post #517 of 1296
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

I sold my DN-1000 so I can't do a side by side comparison, but from memory, the DN-2000 had a little more hiss with the DX50 (I am referring to the vocal sss sound). 


I agree DN-2000 exhibits a little more sibilance, but the words 'little more' should be emphasised as you've said. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

Softer bass? Nawwww, I love the thunderous impact from the DN-1000 :D


Yes, yes... DN-2000 rather polite down there in the sub-frequencies. Though I find it has more qaunitiy than Noble 4 personally.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetblack08 View Post
 

It's funny everyone how everyone hears things different...people were saying they were better than the H-300. I thought to myself "no way". Very interested in further comparisons H20.


They're definitely 'differnet' to H-300 I can say that much. I just don't know if DN-2000 tonality or timbre agrees with me completely. DN-1000 seems to have a touch more colouration, not only from the low end but also the mid-range and I'm not sure what I think about that difference. 

At least we achieved better results with a tip change. 


I'm going to disappear into the cyber world until I form a more solid conclusion on these......


*come DN-2000 we must go!* *cues puff of smoke*

post #518 of 1296
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

What about the KC06? 

Definitely softer than the DN-1000, also less sub-bass fo' sho (one thing that's missing from them) but more inline with the rest of the frequency spectrum
Mids are nicer on the Ostry imo, something special about them! I actually imagine the KC06 might sound kind of similar to the DN2000 based on impressions, anybody back me up on this?

post #519 of 1296

H20 has both as well I think. 

post #520 of 1296
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

H20 has both as well I think. 

Yep, his impressions actually made me buy them, they are a fantastic IEM for the price and can compete with the DN-1000 for sure. I don't find I'm losing any resolution when listening to either earphones - in fact sometimes the milder bass boost helps with clarity in the KC06

post #521 of 1296
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

Definitely softer than the DN-1000, also less sub-bass fo' sho (one thing that's missing from them) but more inline with the rest of the frequency spectrum
Mids are nicer on the Ostry imo, something special about them! I actually imagine the KC06 might sound kind of similar to the DN2000 based on impressions, anybody back me up on this?

I remember reading a post from Mochill saying that the dn2k cant even compete with the KC06A. I was thinking he was out of his mind at the time. He may have been right to a certain extent all this while lol Though surely KC06A is not technically able as the dn2k. But perhaps maybe from its musicality aspect it sounds sweeter and alot more to his preference. I think i will go for both the KC06A and the dn2k once i get my funds. Never tried the dn1k so I will probably like it more than most of you once I first hear it.

post #522 of 1296
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyedZ2ez4 View Post
 

I remember reading a post from Mochill saying that the dn2k cant even compete with the KC06A. I was thinking he was out of his mind at the time. He may have been right to a certain extent all this while lol Though surely KC06A is not technically able as the dn2k. But perhaps maybe from its musicality aspect it sounds sweeter and alot more to his preference. I think i will go for both the KC06A and the dn2k once i get my funds. Never tried the dn1k so I will probably like it more than most of you once I first hear it.

Judging from your musical tastes, I think you will definitely like the DN-1000 - go for it!

It's really great with rhythmic music that NEEDS impact

post #523 of 1296
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

Judging from your musical tastes, I think you will definitely like the DN-1000 - go for it!

It's really great with rhythmic music that NEEDS impact

I really like my KC06, I would just prefer abit more bass impact and sub bass rumble. If the bass on dn2k is anemic then its a put off for me. Damn I will need to find a way to audition both dn1k and dn2k. In the end its how they sound to you thats what matters.

My perfect IEM would be KC06 mids, maybe alil more treble extention. Accurate and fast bass. Good imaging and separation. Decent enough soundstage. Clarity clarity and clarity and transparency. Is there any iem of this calibre out there? I am sure there is but I probably cant afford it.

post #524 of 1296

***waiting patiently for H20 to come around and be WOW-ed***

 

(insert evil laugh)

 

:biggrin:

post #525 of 1296
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyedZ2ez4 View Post
 

I really like my KC06, I would just prefer abit more bass impact and sub bass rumble. If the bass on dn2k is anemic then its a put off for me. Damn I will need to find a way to audition both dn1k and dn2k. In the end its how they sound to you thats what matters.

My perfect IEM would be KC06 mids, maybe alil more treble extention. Accurate and fast bass. Good imaging and separation. Decent enough soundstage. Clarity clarity and clarity and transparency. Is there any iem of this calibre out there? I am sure there is but I probably cant afforT-Po

T-Peos H-300... all day long.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)