or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) - Page 9

post #121 of 1296
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatefulsandwich View Post

My point, basically, is that I think that one should get removable cables in this price range. In my opinion. I know there are plenty of expensive IEMs without removable cables and it doesn't bother lots of other people but it would sure bother me.

Currently I'm just fine with the Westones for the $200 I paid, even if other IEMs are superior. I mentioned them simply as a point of reference for how sensitive I am to treble and why I'm wary of the H300.

 

I agree, for that kind of money, I'd like to see removable cables as well. I'll even say that some cheapo iems should not be shipped without removable cables (I'm looking at you MH1C !!!).

post #122 of 1296
Hi all
Pulled the trigger from that that can't be named. $270 now just the waiting.... 3 weeks most likely.
post #123 of 1296
Wayne get on the zmf mh1 already 😂...they are awesome too😉
post #124 of 1296
I'm sure! Lemme at least get and enjoy the kc06's first :-)
post #125 of 1296

Ugh these look really nice but I'm just unsure as to whether or not the weight will be an issue when I'm used to IEMs that weigh between 5 and 10 grams.

post #126 of 1296
You'll have to try them to find out. I find both the bassos and the heavier h200's equally comfortable, so I wouldn't have a problem with the dn2000's. You might though.
post #127 of 1296
Did anyone get their DN-2000 yet? How does it sound? popcorn.gif
Cheers!beerchug.gif
-HK sends
post #128 of 1296
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post

Did anyone get their DN-2000 yet? How does it sound? popcorn.gif
Cheers!beerchug.gif
-HK sends

 

There will be an Aussie Tour coming up real soon... 

so heaps of reviews to come starting in two weeks.

post #129 of 1296
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

 

There will be an Aussie Tour coming up real soon... 

so heaps of reviews to come starting in two weeks.

 

I'm looking forward to it!
Cheers!beerchug.gif
-HK sends
post #130 of 1296

Got mine today.... :L3000:.. I'll try to describe them the best I can given my understanding of the sound adjectives.

 

 

 

First impressions out of the box vs the DN1K

 

Same red spacers, tips as the 1k.

 

Diymodded Ipod 5th gen --> Pure silver LOD --> JDS Labs C5 

 

Flac/320kbps files

 

-Wider soundstage

-Better imaging, instrument separation, layering

-More balanced, balanced, balanced - vocals sound more centerstage vs the instruments 

-Clarity up a bit, better detail retrieval 

-A bit more airy than the 1ks

-Tad bit toned down bass, though at the same time tighter- still the same texture

 

 

A/Bing vs the 1Ks, the 2Ks have this ability to envelope you while you listen to them. Especially for live performances, the 1Ks put you in the front row, while the 2Ks put you and make you feel like you're in the front row. However, as what I felt like on some tracks with the 1Ks, sibilance remains the same. I do wear the thin-bored tips which may promote it a bit.

 

From what I remember vs the T-PEOs H300s, the H300s win in bass, clarity, detail retrieval and treble extension. DN2Ks take everything else.

 

That's it for now, given all the accessories included (the ear wings, different tips etc.) I bet sound signatures change with each combo. But given the price paid, and for those who got them from other means, definitely a truly awesome IEM that you will not regret purchasing. :bigsmile_face:

post #131 of 1296

Mine is still stuck in China :mad:

 

Hope it will arrive this week. 

post #132 of 1296
Making me wanna buy then😃
post #133 of 1296
Now burn them in and let us know about any changes in the sound😃
post #134 of 1296
Quote:
Originally Posted by canikickit1 View Post
 

Got mine today.... :L3000:.. I'll try to describe them the best I can given my understanding of the sound adjectives.

 

 

 

First impressions out of the box vs the DN1K

 

Same red spacers, tips as the 1k.

 

Diymodded Ipod 5th gen --> Pure silver LOD --> JDS Labs C5 

 

Flac/320kbps files

 

-Wider soundstage

-Better imaging, instrument separation, layering

-More balanced, balanced, balanced - vocals sound more centerstage vs the instruments 

-Clarity up a bit, better detail retrieval 

-A bit more airy than the 1ks

-Tad bit toned down bass, though at the same time tighter- still the same texture

 

 

A/Bing vs the 1Ks, the 2Ks have this ability to envelope you while you listen to them. Especially for live performances, the 1Ks put you in the front row, while the 2Ks put you and make you feel like you're in the front row. However, as what I felt like on some tracks with the 1Ks, sibilance remains the same. I do wear the thin-bored tips which may promote it a bit.

 

From what I remember vs the T-PEOs H300s, the H300s win in bass, clarity, detail retrieval and treble extension. DN2Ks take everything else.

 

That's it for now, given all the accessories included (the ear wings, different tips etc.) I bet sound signatures change with each combo. But given the price paid, and for those who got them from other means, definitely a truly awesome IEM that you will not regret purchasing. :bigsmile_face:

Great first impression, thank you for that

 

I would say there won't be too many (if any) IEM that will better H-300's bass, that thing is a bass beast, quality and quantity at the same time

post #135 of 1296
Quote:
Originally Posted by canikickit1 View Post
 

Got mine today.... :L3000:.. I'll try to describe them the best I can given my understanding of the sound adjectives.

 

 

 

First impressions out of the box vs the DN1K

 

Same red spacers, tips as the 1k.

 

Diymodded Ipod 5th gen --> Pure silver LOD --> JDS Labs C5 

 

Flac/320kbps files

 

-Wider soundstage

-Better imaging, instrument separation, layering

-More balanced, balanced, balanced - vocals sound more centerstage vs the instruments 

-Clarity up a bit, better detail retrieval 

-A bit more airy than the 1ks

-Tad bit toned down bass, though at the same time tighter- still the same texture

 

 

A/Bing vs the 1Ks, the 2Ks have this ability to envelope you while you listen to them. Especially for live performances, the 1Ks put you in the front row, while the 2Ks put you and make you feel like you're in the front row. However, as what I felt like on some tracks with the 1Ks, sibilance remains the same. I do wear the thin-bored tips which may promote it a bit.

 

From what I remember vs the T-PEOs H300s, the H300s win in bass, clarity, detail retrieval and treble extension. DN2Ks take everything else.

 

That's it for now, given all the accessories included (the ear wings, different tips etc.) I bet sound signatures change with each combo. But given the price paid, and for those who got them from other means, definitely a truly awesome IEM that you will not regret purchasing. :bigsmile_face:

Thank you for your impression. It looks like the dn2ks arent in the same level as akg3003s like i heard the chinese have been hyping it to be at that level lol

Its still a great iem for its price.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)