Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Need advice: noble K10 vs JH roxanne
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need advice: noble K10 vs JH roxanne - Page 3  

post #31 of 82

Hope this won't be an issue with the DX90 then as thats the DAP I'm planning to pair up with my K10's (along with an RSA Intruder)

post #32 of 82

Hope so too. Given it was absent in their own R10 device, it could be a "side effect" in tuning of the wolfson DACs to get the current signature.

 

With dual Sabre DACs, this issue should be non existent.

post #33 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occy View Post
 

Hope this won't be an issue with the DX90 then as thats the DAP I'm planning to pair up with my K10's (along with an RSA Intruder)

Adding an amp to the DX50 makes a world of difference and I would assume the same to be true with the DX90.

post #34 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

Adding an amp to the DX50 makes a world of difference and I would assume the same to be true with the DX90.

Thanks for the reassurance. I already have an RSA Intruder, and my K-10's will be around 4 weeks away I guess. I'll jump on the first DX90 batch. I can always sell it at a later date for a small loss if it doesn't suit my needs.

post #35 of 82

I just ordered the Roxannes and later came to know about JH terrible delays.

Angie from JH said my order should be shipping in 45 business days.

We are talking mid june if nothing occurs.

sucks big time..

 

I am seriously considering cancelling the order and going for the K10 + rush order fee... 

 

I just haven't found that many opinions to back my actions.

 

Wonder if anyone can help me decide. =D

post #36 of 82

Depends entirely on the sound signature you're after. If you really like the sound of the Roxanne's, they'll be worth the wait. But if the K10's have a signature you like then they could be a good option.

 

I know what you mean re: impatience though. Sometimes once you've placed an order on something, it's hard to imagine how you're going to live without it until it arrives! :P 

I had brutally long waits (around 4-6 months) with my last car and motorbike purchases. Both are vintage vehicles imported from Japan and Canada to Australia, so I've learned to deal with impatience the hard way.

post #37 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occy View Post
 

Depends entirely on the sound signature you're after. If you really like the sound of the Roxanne's, they'll be worth the wait. But if the K10's have a signature you like then they could be a good option.

 

I know what you mean re: impatience though. Sometimes once you've placed an order on something, it's hard to imagine how you're going to live without it until it arrives! :P 

I had brutally long waits (around 4-6 months) with my last car and motorbike purchases. Both are vintage vehicles imported from Japan and Canada to Australia, so I've learned to deal with impatience the hard way.

Thanks Occy!
 

Unfortunately for us here in Brazil it is impossible to have demos. So we ought to trust our dear fellows here on Head-Fi to try and imagine how these babies sound.

 

I am certainly sure that either the K10 or Roxannes will be a great improvement from my current 535.

post #38 of 82

Yep, same for me. I based my purchase of the K10's purely on reviews (Sorensiim's one is particularly good!) and Nobles customer service reputation. Since ordering the K10's, I did have the chance to briefly demo the Roxanne and JH13Pro, and I personally found the Roxanne a little too dark for my taste, but it was still an amazing headphone. The JH13 was much more to my preference, but again, the descriptions of the K-10's seem even more to my tastes.
Just read as many reviews as you can on the sound signature and go from there. Both are great headphones, so it'll all come down to your personal preference on sound.

post #39 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occy View Post
 

Yep, same for me. I based my purchase of the K10's purely on reviews (Sorensiim's one is particularly good!) and Nobles customer service reputation. Since ordering the K10's, I did have the chance to briefly demo the Roxanne and JH13Pro, and I personally found the Roxanne a little too dark for my taste, but it was still an amazing headphone. The JH13 was much more to my preference, but again, the descriptions of the K-10's seem even more to my tastes.
Just read as many reviews as you can on the sound signature and go from there. Both are great headphones, so it'll all come down to your personal preference on sound.

 

As a Roxanne owner who recently heard the Roxanne, K10, JH13/16 demos recently, I think you made the right choice.  OTOH, for those who prefer the Roxanne to the JH13, you still may end up preferring the K10, but there is much less likelihood IMO.  

post #40 of 82

Hi guys

 

Has anyone Heard the Unique Melody Mentor, in addition to the K10 and Roxanne? I listen mostly to electronic music (Trance) and not sure which would be best for me, at the moment I have Westone w3 + Sony ZX1 and I'm loving it to bits, but as an audiophile of many years I'm craving an upgrade to One CIEM to rule them all. The Rooth LSX Ten also intrigues me, but I doubt many people have heard them.


Edited by T.R.A.N.C.E. - 4/10/14 at 12:39am
post #41 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeau View Post

As a Roxanne owner who recently heard the Roxanne, K10, JH13/16 demos recently, I think you made the right choice.  OTOH, for those who prefer the Roxanne to the JH13, you still may end up preferring the K10, but there is much less likelihood IMO.  

So if you had the chance would you choose the k10 over Roxanne? Can you please elaborate briefly on how do they compare?
Thanks
post #42 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post
 

Hi guys

 

Has anyone Heard the Unique Melody Mentor, in addition to the K10 and Roxanne? I listen mostly to electronic music (Trance) and not sure which would be best for me, at the moment I have Westone w3 + Sony ZX1 and I'm loving it to bits, but as an audiophile of many years I'm craving an upgrade to One CIEM to rule them all. The Rooth LSX Ten also intrigues me, but I doubt many people have heard them.

i think you will love it with Mentor if you listen lot of trance..go audition the universal model... :D you will know what i mean...

 

the bass on the Mentor is very good for trance music..

post #43 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by doki81 View Post
 

i think you will love it with Mentor if you listen lot of trance..go audition the universal model... :D you will know what i mean...

 

the bass on the Mentor is very good for trance music..

What do you think about K10 or Roxanne for electronic music? Mainly house, deep house?

post #44 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogodasilva View Post

So if you had the chance would you choose the k10 over Roxanne? Can you please elaborate briefly on how do they compare?
Thanks

 

For my preferences it's a tossup.  I only spent about 40 minutes comparing them, I'd need at least a day or two of solid listening to even form a strong opinion

 

- K10 is a bit leaner/brighter/punchier.  It had a really nice upper treble sparkle.  The top end sounded actually bad/too much on a DX50, like a distorted hash, but sublime on a Chord Hugo.  I wish I tried other sources

 

- Roxanne is warmer, but also seemingly flatter or more analytical, and throws a somewhat wider impression of a stage (ie. more speakerlike).  The closest thing I tried that day which had a similar sound was a UERM - it's like a fuller sounding version of it.   

 

I walked away from the demo feeling that the Roxanne is not quite as exciting as the K10, but perhaps more versatile.  The one thing that the Roxanne does which is unique for me is adeptly handle anything I throw at it without having any kind of piercing, sibilant, etc tendencies, even at high volumes.  As a listening device it sorta fades away.

 

If I suddenly lost them I would probably get the K10 as a replacement simply for something different.  The short demo I had w/ the K10 I was certainly impressed enough that I know I would be happy w/ them.  At the same time I can understand why on first impression alot of people would prefer the K10 to the Roxanne - the former definitely is a more exciting on first listen.  But I can't shake the feeling that the Roxanne is the most honest representation of the music - yeah, it's warm relative to most things, but OTOH, I believe most 'audiophile' headphones are too bright.  And I say this having Magnepans for my home speaker setup.

 

Also I have to say the variable bass thing of the Roxanne at first was pretty cool, but over time I found I just leave it at 9am, which is supposedly flat.  Anything much above seems to detract from transparency in the sound, and even flat these are strong in the low end.  And I love my bass.


Edited by bobeau - 4/10/14 at 6:40am
post #45 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeau View Post
 

 

For my preferences it's a tossup.  I only spent about 40 minutes comparing them, I'd need at least a day or two of solid listening to even form a strong opinion

 

- K10 is a bit leaner/brighter/punchier.  It had a really nice upper treble sparkle.  The top end sounded actually bad/too much on a DX50, like a distorted hash, but sublime on a Chord Hugo.  I wish I tried other sources

 

- Roxanne is warmer, but also seemingly flatter or more analytical, and throws a somewhat wider impression of a stage (ie. more speakerlike).  The closest thing I tried that day which had a similar sound was a UERM - it's like a fuller sounding version of it.   

 

I walked away from the demo feeling that the Roxanne is not quite as exciting as the K10, but perhaps more versatile.  The one thing that the Roxanne does which is unique for me is adeptly handle anything I throw at it without having any kind of piercing, sibilant, etc tendencies, even at high volumes.  As a listening device it sorta fades away.

 

If I suddenly lost them I would probably get the K10 as a replacement simply for something different.  The short demo I had w/ the K10 I was certainly impressed enough that I know I would be happy w/ them.  At the same time I can understand why on first impression alot of people would prefer the K10 to the Roxanne - the former definitely is a more exciting on first listen.  But I can't shake the feeling that the Roxanne is the most honest representation of the music - yeah, it's warm relative to most things, but OTOH, I believe most 'audiophile' headphones are too bright.  And I say this having Magnepans for my home speaker setup.

 

Also I have to say the variable bass thing of the Roxanne at first was pretty cool, but over time I found I just leave it at 9am, which is supposedly flat.  Anything much above seems to detract from transparency in the sound, and even flat these are strong in the low end.  And I love my bass.

Can't thank you enough for your clear view on this. It really helped me a lot. With your comments I have decided to wait on the Roxanne. It seems it will fit better to my needs.

Now I will chill and try to forget about it until June.. lol

thanks a lot mate!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Need advice: noble K10 vs JH roxanne