Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [TOUR] T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid - Australian Tour Thread - (Impressions / Reviews)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TOUR] T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid - Australian Tour Thread - (Impressions / Reviews) - Page 9

post #121 of 253

Package received! 

post #122 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

Heads up for a slight mod:

For those of you having problems with H-300's brightness/treble I have found a solution which will cost you only a few dollars.


What you need to do is buy some of these foams for earbuds  ($2.99) then place them over the nozzle before you put the tips on.

It will add some warmth and smooth off the highs, actually thickens up the sound just a fraction as well which allows higher volume before they lean out.

I think it will be enough to tone them down and just add a touch of warmth, it's working for me quite well. 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Soft-6-Pairs-16mm-Replacement-Ear-Pad-Bud-Foam-Earbud-Cover-For-Earphones-Black-/290833967676?pt=AU_Electronics_Portable_Audio_Accessories&hash=item43b70e2a3c&_uhb=1

 

Highly recommended! I have these paired with either Stock tips or Comply TS200. Use Comply for a much smoother result.

post #123 of 253
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

Highly recommended! I have these paired with either Stock tips or Comply TS200. Use Comply for a much smoother result.

Yes, it definitely works, I'm semi tempted to remove the 'grill/meshing and gain full access inside the nozzle, then we could play with adding different sizes and lengths of the foam padding. Hmm...
post #124 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Yes, it definitely works, I'm semi tempted to remove the 'grill/meshing and gain full access inside the nozzle, then we could play with adding different sizes and lengths of the foam padding. Hmm...

 

I have thought of that but I don't recommend it if there's a possibility of you selling them in the future.

post #125 of 253

Hmm.. Probably i'll give it a try sometime in the future as i do have extra mesh that i can replace them with. The inside should look interesting. :devil_face:

post #126 of 253
Thread Starter 
When I was using Rocco BA, I hadn't any trouble with the highs or brightness, I kept saying it didn't bother me, only from Tralucent T1 then it become rather obvious. If I could just add a little more foam I'd be happier. My problem is now I've got the mids exact where I want them but need to knock off just a fraction more highs for the T1 amp. Apart from that they really sound pretty amazing, the clarity......
post #127 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

When I was using Rocco BA, I hadn't any trouble with the highs or brightness, I kept saying it didn't bother me, only from Tralucent T1 then it become rather obvious. If I could just add a little more foam I'd be happier. My problem is now I've got the mids exact where I want them but need to knock off just a fraction more highs for the T1 amp. Apart from that they really sound pretty amazing, the clarity......

 

Try adding your hifiman filters... they are very thin and won't affect the mids.

post #128 of 253
I believe that the polarity is reversed on the color coded cable? Anybody is having this issue too?
post #129 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Package received! 

 

Listen to Beyonce's 'Partition' song mate...my goodness...

post #130 of 253

My review is up

 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/t-peos-h-300-3-way-hybrid/reviews/10840

post #131 of 253
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post
 

My review is up

 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/t-peos-h-300-3-way-hybrid/reviews/10840


Excellent excellent work mate. Really see you put in the extra effort with that one.

Big ups to you. :beerchug:

post #132 of 253

Nicely done @djvkool ! :beerchug: I enjoyed reading your review...

So are you finally decided in getting one for your collection?

post #133 of 253
Yea! It's a must have IEM for the year 2014!!
post #134 of 253
Nice review. My expectation bias is now through the roof
post #135 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


Excellent excellent work mate. Really see you put in the extra effort with that one.

Big ups to you. :beerchug:

Thanks mate :beerchug:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post
 

Nicely done @djvkool ! :beerchug: I enjoyed reading your review...

So are you finally decided in getting one for your collection?

 

Not yet, but I am set on getting one, just a matter of when :wink_face:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [TOUR] T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid - Australian Tour Thread - (Impressions / Reviews)