- 6 Posts. Joined 3/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop AMP for under $350 Last post on 11/11/12 at 7:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need some help upgrading from Beats Studios - $1000 budget Last post on 11/10/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my next pair of headphones! Last post on 9/19/12 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones $300-450 recommendation? Last post on 7/26/12 at 12:13am in Headphones (full-size)
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
-- The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2,...
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
Looking for headphones for metalcore/hip hop in the 400-500$ range
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by Opethian10 - 3/6/14 at 1:30pm
I don't need a closed headphone, would be nice but Im going to be using at the gym I can careless if people hear my music lol. It's coming down to the 1540 vs the HE-400 now. The only flaw about the HE-400 I don't like is they look humongous and although I don't care "too much" about style they look ugly.
Also what amp would you guys recommend, I will be using with my galaxy s4 most of thetime.
Edited by iPhaze - 3/6/14 at 1:40pm
Since you'll be driving them from your phone, something a bit more portable would be more sensible than the humongous headphones these guys are suggesting. Take a look at the Focal Spirit Professional and Spirit Classic. Those headphones have fantastic bass quality and punch, while being very balanced and clear headphones.
I've never heard the HE-400's, but I would certainly like to!
I don't think the bass of the SRH1540 will disappoint you though. Also the SRH1540's are very lightweight, if that helps in your decision at all.
- Looking for headphones for metalcore/hip hop in the 400-500$ range
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 5th Generation iPod Classic-upgraded to 250GB SSD 24 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 37 seconds ago
- › For what headphone do I really need an amp? 49 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › Chicken cartilage is good 4 minutes ago
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2