- 6 Posts. Joined 3/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop AMP for under $350 Last post on 11/11/12 at 7:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need some help upgrading from Beats Studios - $1000 budget Last post on 11/10/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my next pair of headphones! Last post on 9/19/12 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones $300-450 recommendation? Last post on 7/26/12 at 12:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Also, I have to apologize for some of the...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
Looking for headphones for metalcore/hip hop in the 400-500$ range
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by Opethian10 - 3/6/14 at 1:30pm
I don't need a closed headphone, would be nice but Im going to be using at the gym I can careless if people hear my music lol. It's coming down to the 1540 vs the HE-400 now. The only flaw about the HE-400 I don't like is they look humongous and although I don't care "too much" about style they look ugly.
Also what amp would you guys recommend, I will be using with my galaxy s4 most of thetime.
Edited by iPhaze - 3/6/14 at 1:40pm
Since you'll be driving them from your phone, something a bit more portable would be more sensible than the humongous headphones these guys are suggesting. Take a look at the Focal Spirit Professional and Spirit Classic. Those headphones have fantastic bass quality and punch, while being very balanced and clear headphones.
I've never heard the HE-400's, but I would certainly like to!
I don't think the bass of the SRH1540 will disappoint you though. Also the SRH1540's are very lightweight, if that helps in your decision at all.
- Looking for headphones for metalcore/hip hop in the 400-500$ range
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 31 seconds ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 32 seconds ago
- › Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones 55 seconds ago
- › Best imaging for movies? 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet 03.14.2015 - Hosted by Overture... 2 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3