Hi guys. I have never really owned a decent pair of headphones before and am looking to purchase my first. I simply want a pair of headphones that will sound good with any music, games, movies, etc. on my iPod. I mostly listen to alternative. I am not an audiophile, so I really won't be too hard to impress. At the same time, I want something with somewhat of a wow factor.
Here is a short list of what I want from these headphones
- comfort for prolonged listening
- won't leak sound for others to hear
- sound quality that will impress someone who has never owned a nice pair
- preferably a collapsible design, a pair that is good for traveling
- detachable cord if possible, that way they'll last longer
- a little style is a nice bonus
- durable design- I'm willing to invest in a more expensive pair if it will last me for years
As for the budget- I'm not really sure. As someone who is not a music enthusiast, how much money would you reccommend spending? I really don't know how much sound quality differs between a pair of 40 dollar and 120 dollar headphones. Give me a couple recommendations- maybe a pair around 100 bucks and then more of a budget pair. I am open to any suggestions. I don't really think I need to buy a pair of 170 dollar ATH-M50x's (although I think they'd be awesome) in order to be impressed. Something cheap might suffice.
So like I said, give me a couple recommendations and let me know if you think going up to the 100+ dollar range would be valuable to me given my situation. Thanks!