on the HD800, all of the above, especially soundstage; it's really not close in any way to my ears. just my opinion.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shure se 846 is there any warmer iem than it Last post on 7/11/14 at 6:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom - Help to find the WOW sound again Last post on 7/15/14 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM for jazz, vocals, guitars and occasional rock: Senheisser IE800, AKG 3003i or Shure 846 Last post on 6/4/14 at 10:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE846 - unfair price? (Europe) Last post on 5/14/14 at 5:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM: Why bother going universals when you can go Customs? Last post on 5/19/14 at 7:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Sennheiser IE800 vs. Shure SE846: Which one is superior in terms of price? - Page 3
Poll Results: Which $1000 IEM is superior?
34% (22)Sennheiser IE800
65% (42)Shure SE846
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've had the Shure SE846 for a month or 2. Just got the IE800.
Are you listening amped or unamped? Which seems more efficient?
Is either one "better" if you are going unamped?
The SE846 is so efficient, I thought it got "worse" amped. I thought the IE800 got better amped, but I usually listen unamped. Feature-wise, I think the SE846 is superior, SQ-wise it's a matter of personal taste. I like them both but (especially per $) would give the nod to the SE846
Edited by BobJS - 3/23/14 at 9:28am
The SE846 is so efficient, I thought it got "worse" amped. I thought the IE100 got better amped, but I usually listen unamped. Feature-wise, I think the SE846 is superior, SQ-wise it's a matter of personal taste. I like them both but (especially per $) would give the nod to the SE846
Which IEM has bigger soundstage, though?
Also, I'm wondering how similar the Sennheiser IE800 is to the HD800 in sound performance. Have you compared both yet?
That's strange, I didn't find the mids recessed at all. In fact, I found the lows, mids, highs all balanced throughout the spectrum, although I found the treble a little intense.
I can say that based on my experience, I found the IE800 to have the largest soundstage that I've ever found in an IEM. It pretty much completely blew my IE80s out of the water in soundstage. However, while you can't comment on the IE800, I can't comment on the HD800.
But I believe the instrument performance in IE800 is much better than the human voice performance,I love to listen to the human vocal sound in a song.The most important thing is that the cable of IE800 is not suitable to listen when I am walking..
Based on my experience, I found everything throughout the sound spectrum to be balanced, so I don't think I noticed any difference in performance between the vocals and the instruments. Well, probably because I used an EQ...
At the same time, wrapping the cable around my ear really helped me get rid of the microphonics. It may be an issue though, because the cable might feel shorter for some people.
I don't know if this helps, but here are some impedance graphs showing BA vs dynamics. Middle one, XBA-H3 is hybrid.
ie800, dynamic driver
Well, it looks like it's pretty common with dynamic drivers. except the Sony XBA-H3, which is hybrid I believe.
SE846, BA driver
Edited by SilverEars - 5/4/14 at 2:07pm
So is it a good thing if the IE800's impedance graph is flatter? I was thinking that maybe if there is no variation in impedance level throughout the spectrum, it would be easier for the driver to move much more smoothly.
- Sennheiser IE800 vs. Shure SE846: Which one is superior in terms of price?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 second ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 21 seconds ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier 27 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 36 seconds ago
- › I have a Ray Samuels Hornet, do I need a DAC to connect it to my... 1 minute ago
- › Explain your avatar 1 minute ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Need Help ... Should I get a headphone Amp with V-moda m-100 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)