on the HD800, all of the above, especially soundstage; it's really not close in any way to my ears. just my opinion.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 3/26/15 at 8:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Difficult To Only Have 1 IEM That (Does it all!) Last post on 1/25/15 at 3:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HiFi Headphones UK dem - Dita, Final, Sennheiser, Shure Last post on 12/23/14 at 5:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from IE800 Last post on 12/19/14 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE 800 at $600 vs AKG K3003 at $900 vs Shure se846 at $715 Last post on 2/24/15 at 3:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Sennheiser IE800 vs. Shure SE846: Which one is superior in terms of price? - Page 3
Poll Results: Which $1000 IEM is superior?
36% (46)Sennheiser IE800
63% (81)Shure SE846
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've had the Shure SE846 for a month or 2. Just got the IE800.
Are you listening amped or unamped? Which seems more efficient?
Is either one "better" if you are going unamped?
The SE846 is so efficient, I thought it got "worse" amped. I thought the IE800 got better amped, but I usually listen unamped. Feature-wise, I think the SE846 is superior, SQ-wise it's a matter of personal taste. I like them both but (especially per $) would give the nod to the SE846
Edited by BobJS - 3/23/14 at 9:28am
The SE846 is so efficient, I thought it got "worse" amped. I thought the IE100 got better amped, but I usually listen unamped. Feature-wise, I think the SE846 is superior, SQ-wise it's a matter of personal taste. I like them both but (especially per $) would give the nod to the SE846
Which IEM has bigger soundstage, though?
Also, I'm wondering how similar the Sennheiser IE800 is to the HD800 in sound performance. Have you compared both yet?
That's strange, I didn't find the mids recessed at all. In fact, I found the lows, mids, highs all balanced throughout the spectrum, although I found the treble a little intense.
I can say that based on my experience, I found the IE800 to have the largest soundstage that I've ever found in an IEM. It pretty much completely blew my IE80s out of the water in soundstage. However, while you can't comment on the IE800, I can't comment on the HD800.
But I believe the instrument performance in IE800 is much better than the human voice performance,I love to listen to the human vocal sound in a song.The most important thing is that the cable of IE800 is not suitable to listen when I am walking..
Based on my experience, I found everything throughout the sound spectrum to be balanced, so I don't think I noticed any difference in performance between the vocals and the instruments. Well, probably because I used an EQ...
At the same time, wrapping the cable around my ear really helped me get rid of the microphonics. It may be an issue though, because the cable might feel shorter for some people.
I don't know if this helps, but here are some impedance graphs showing BA vs dynamics. Middle one, XBA-H3 is hybrid.
ie800, dynamic driver
Well, it looks like it's pretty common with dynamic drivers. except the Sony XBA-H3, which is hybrid I believe.
SE846, BA driver
Edited by SilverEars - 5/4/14 at 2:07pm
So is it a good thing if the IE800's impedance graph is flatter? I was thinking that maybe if there is no variation in impedance level throughout the spectrum, it would be easier for the driver to move much more smoothly.
- Sennheiser IE800 vs. Shure SE846: Which one is superior in terms of price?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio E18 1 minute ago
- › Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 2 minutes ago
- › Steam games 2 minutes ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 3 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i 3 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 5 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 6 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 7 minutes ago
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2