on the HD800, all of the above, especially soundstage; it's really not close in any way to my ears. just my opinion.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on Today at 4:59 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Difficult To Only Have 1 IEM That (Does it all!) Last post on 1/25/15 at 3:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HiFi Headphones UK dem - Dita, Final, Sennheiser, Shure Last post on 12/23/14 at 5:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from IE800 Last post on 12/19/14 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE 800 at $600 vs AKG K3003 at $900 vs Shure se846 at $715 Last post on 2/24/15 at 3:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to get this review put together. Circumstances and family responsibility have conspired against me this year in regards to being able put together a...
Sennheiser IE800 vs. Shure SE846: Which one is superior in terms of price? - Page 3
Poll Results: Which $1000 IEM is superior?
36% (51)Sennheiser IE800
63% (88)Shure SE846
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've had the Shure SE846 for a month or 2. Just got the IE800.
Are you listening amped or unamped? Which seems more efficient?
Is either one "better" if you are going unamped?
The SE846 is so efficient, I thought it got "worse" amped. I thought the IE800 got better amped, but I usually listen unamped. Feature-wise, I think the SE846 is superior, SQ-wise it's a matter of personal taste. I like them both but (especially per $) would give the nod to the SE846
Edited by BobJS - 3/23/14 at 9:28am
The SE846 is so efficient, I thought it got "worse" amped. I thought the IE100 got better amped, but I usually listen unamped. Feature-wise, I think the SE846 is superior, SQ-wise it's a matter of personal taste. I like them both but (especially per $) would give the nod to the SE846
Which IEM has bigger soundstage, though?
Also, I'm wondering how similar the Sennheiser IE800 is to the HD800 in sound performance. Have you compared both yet?
That's strange, I didn't find the mids recessed at all. In fact, I found the lows, mids, highs all balanced throughout the spectrum, although I found the treble a little intense.
I can say that based on my experience, I found the IE800 to have the largest soundstage that I've ever found in an IEM. It pretty much completely blew my IE80s out of the water in soundstage. However, while you can't comment on the IE800, I can't comment on the HD800.
But I believe the instrument performance in IE800 is much better than the human voice performance,I love to listen to the human vocal sound in a song.The most important thing is that the cable of IE800 is not suitable to listen when I am walking..
Based on my experience, I found everything throughout the sound spectrum to be balanced, so I don't think I noticed any difference in performance between the vocals and the instruments. Well, probably because I used an EQ...
At the same time, wrapping the cable around my ear really helped me get rid of the microphonics. It may be an issue though, because the cable might feel shorter for some people.
I don't know if this helps, but here are some impedance graphs showing BA vs dynamics. Middle one, XBA-H3 is hybrid.
ie800, dynamic driver
Well, it looks like it's pretty common with dynamic drivers. except the Sony XBA-H3, which is hybrid I believe.
SE846, BA driver
Edited by SilverEars - 5/4/14 at 2:07pm
So is it a good thing if the IE800's impedance graph is flatter? I was thinking that maybe if there is no variation in impedance level throughout the spectrum, it would be easier for the driver to move much more smoothly.
- Sennheiser IE800 vs. Shure SE846: Which one is superior in terms of price?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 27 seconds ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 36 seconds ago
- › Selecting your first turntable setup - Get the biggest bang for... 51 seconds ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Edition 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Which model of Comply tips do you like best? 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3