on the HD800, all of the above, especially soundstage; it's really not close in any way to my ears. just my opinion.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultimate Ears' New Way Of Making Custom In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 7:38 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- shure se 846 is there any warmer iem than it Last post on 7/11/14 at 6:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom - Help to find the WOW sound again Last post on 7/15/14 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM for jazz, vocals, guitars and occasional rock: Senheisser IE800, AKG 3003i or Shure 846 Last post on 6/4/14 at 10:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE846 - unfair price? (Europe) Last post on 5/14/14 at 5:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Sennheiser IE800 vs. Shure SE846: Which one is superior in terms of price? - Page 3
Poll Results: Which $1000 IEM is superior?
31% (23)Sennheiser IE800
68% (51)Shure SE846
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've had the Shure SE846 for a month or 2. Just got the IE800.
Are you listening amped or unamped? Which seems more efficient?
Is either one "better" if you are going unamped?
The SE846 is so efficient, I thought it got "worse" amped. I thought the IE800 got better amped, but I usually listen unamped. Feature-wise, I think the SE846 is superior, SQ-wise it's a matter of personal taste. I like them both but (especially per $) would give the nod to the SE846
Edited by BobJS - 3/23/14 at 9:28am
The SE846 is so efficient, I thought it got "worse" amped. I thought the IE100 got better amped, but I usually listen unamped. Feature-wise, I think the SE846 is superior, SQ-wise it's a matter of personal taste. I like them both but (especially per $) would give the nod to the SE846
Which IEM has bigger soundstage, though?
Also, I'm wondering how similar the Sennheiser IE800 is to the HD800 in sound performance. Have you compared both yet?
That's strange, I didn't find the mids recessed at all. In fact, I found the lows, mids, highs all balanced throughout the spectrum, although I found the treble a little intense.
I can say that based on my experience, I found the IE800 to have the largest soundstage that I've ever found in an IEM. It pretty much completely blew my IE80s out of the water in soundstage. However, while you can't comment on the IE800, I can't comment on the HD800.
But I believe the instrument performance in IE800 is much better than the human voice performance,I love to listen to the human vocal sound in a song.The most important thing is that the cable of IE800 is not suitable to listen when I am walking..
Based on my experience, I found everything throughout the sound spectrum to be balanced, so I don't think I noticed any difference in performance between the vocals and the instruments. Well, probably because I used an EQ...
At the same time, wrapping the cable around my ear really helped me get rid of the microphonics. It may be an issue though, because the cable might feel shorter for some people.
I don't know if this helps, but here are some impedance graphs showing BA vs dynamics. Middle one, XBA-H3 is hybrid.
ie800, dynamic driver
Well, it looks like it's pretty common with dynamic drivers. except the Sony XBA-H3, which is hybrid I believe.
SE846, BA driver
Edited by SilverEars - 5/4/14 at 2:07pm
So is it a good thing if the IE800's impedance graph is flatter? I was thinking that maybe if there is no variation in impedance level throughout the spectrum, it would be easier for the driver to move much more smoothly.
- Sennheiser IE800 vs. Shure SE846: Which one is superior in terms of price?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 46 seconds ago
- › Anyone listening to music at 120dB ? 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › Sony D25 users manual 2 minutes ago
- › Portable/Battery powered amps with 1/4 inch jack 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax SR-507 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 4 minutes ago
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 5 minutes ago
- › First time buyer of "Audiophile" grade headphones. What next? 6 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)