on the HD800, all of the above, especially soundstage; it's really not close in any way to my ears. just my opinion.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Difficult To Only Have 1 IEM That (Does it all!) Last post on 1/25/15 at 3:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HiFi Headphones UK dem - Dita, Final, Sennheiser, Shure Last post on 12/23/14 at 5:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from IE800 Last post on 12/19/14 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE 800 at $600 vs AKG K3003 at $900 vs Shure se846 at $715 Last post on 2/24/15 at 3:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Sennheiser IE800 vs. Shure SE846: Which one is superior in terms of price? - Page 3
Poll Results: Which $1000 IEM is superior?
35% (40)Sennheiser IE800
64% (74)Shure SE846
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've had the Shure SE846 for a month or 2. Just got the IE800.
Are you listening amped or unamped? Which seems more efficient?
Is either one "better" if you are going unamped?
The SE846 is so efficient, I thought it got "worse" amped. I thought the IE800 got better amped, but I usually listen unamped. Feature-wise, I think the SE846 is superior, SQ-wise it's a matter of personal taste. I like them both but (especially per $) would give the nod to the SE846
Edited by BobJS - 3/23/14 at 9:28am
The SE846 is so efficient, I thought it got "worse" amped. I thought the IE100 got better amped, but I usually listen unamped. Feature-wise, I think the SE846 is superior, SQ-wise it's a matter of personal taste. I like them both but (especially per $) would give the nod to the SE846
Which IEM has bigger soundstage, though?
Also, I'm wondering how similar the Sennheiser IE800 is to the HD800 in sound performance. Have you compared both yet?
That's strange, I didn't find the mids recessed at all. In fact, I found the lows, mids, highs all balanced throughout the spectrum, although I found the treble a little intense.
I can say that based on my experience, I found the IE800 to have the largest soundstage that I've ever found in an IEM. It pretty much completely blew my IE80s out of the water in soundstage. However, while you can't comment on the IE800, I can't comment on the HD800.
But I believe the instrument performance in IE800 is much better than the human voice performance,I love to listen to the human vocal sound in a song.The most important thing is that the cable of IE800 is not suitable to listen when I am walking..
Based on my experience, I found everything throughout the sound spectrum to be balanced, so I don't think I noticed any difference in performance between the vocals and the instruments. Well, probably because I used an EQ...
At the same time, wrapping the cable around my ear really helped me get rid of the microphonics. It may be an issue though, because the cable might feel shorter for some people.
I don't know if this helps, but here are some impedance graphs showing BA vs dynamics. Middle one, XBA-H3 is hybrid.
ie800, dynamic driver
Well, it looks like it's pretty common with dynamic drivers. except the Sony XBA-H3, which is hybrid I believe.
SE846, BA driver
Edited by SilverEars - 5/4/14 at 2:07pm
So is it a good thing if the IE800's impedance graph is flatter? I was thinking that maybe if there is no variation in impedance level throughout the spectrum, it would be easier for the driver to move much more smoothly.
- Sennheiser IE800 vs. Shure SE846: Which one is superior in terms of price?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Fiio X3 Second Generation (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 23 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 29 seconds ago
- › FiiO Aftermarket IEM cables (RC-WT1, RC-SE1, RC-UE2) 30 seconds ago
- › Custom Shure 55 Hot Rod Shifter 2 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SHURE 1540 DYNAMAT MODDED 3 minutes ago
- › Singapore It Convention 4 minutes ago
- › IHIFI 760 + 770 (pg 13) + 800 (pg 25) : From makers of the 812V2 /... 4 minutes ago
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3