or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) - Page 67

post #991 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer2014 View Post

I got the FX850 for 278$+20$ shipped.

How??
post #992 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post

How??
Amazon.jp when the price drops happen. Don't last very long.
Then forwarding with Tenso. I did the same.
post #993 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer2014 View Post
 


Cheers!!!

 

I'm curious of how the FX650 sound. I bet it still is sublime, but in smaller form factor.

 

I got the FX850 for 278$+20$ shipped. For a custom you'd certainly have to spend a bit more than 300$ (ear impressions on top of the earphones). Cheapest customs at around 300-400$ might get you triple BAs. And even then I'm not sure BAs can compete with a great dynamic driver like the FX850 in term of bass and timbre.

 

Don't know any custom hybrids around. They might cost a ton though.

 

The FX850 are $414 shipped to the Netherlands at PJ right now, plus taxes and sh*t. And the point of detachable cables is the upgradeability. But if you actually would want to upgrade the probably excellent stock cable you're looking at what, $150? So going that route you'll hit $600 pretty soon, and that's customs territory. Sure, not TOTL, but still.

 

If you don't intend to upgrade, might as well get the FX750. At least, that's what I tell myself.. :o 

post #994 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuwk Siphon View Post
 

 

The FX850 are $414 shipped to the Netherlands at PJ right now, plus taxes and sh*t. And the point of detachable cables is the upgradeability. But if you actually would want to upgrade the probably excellent stock cable you're looking at what, $150? So going that route you'll hit $600 pretty soon, and that's customs territory. Sure, not TOTL, but still.

 

If you don't intend to upgrade, might as well get the FX750. At least, that's what I tell myself.. :o 

Ah, I see your from the land of the spinning windmills. But I see your point. At 414 + tax might as well save a bit more and go full custom.

 

For me the detachable cable offer a sort of security, if the cable is screwed up, I could get a decent replacement MMCX OFC cable for about 50-60$.

 

But seems like the cable with last a long time though. You'll enjoy your FX750. Absolutely beautiful made IEMs, lighter too.

post #995 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tympan View Post
 

Also, as beautiful as they look, l wish JVC offered a less noticeable FX850 color scheme for wearing outside... like black metal on black stained wood would still look great without looking so Gold expensive. But I am nitpicking, these are great iems so far. Sound pretty darn good even with an un-amped iphone 4!!


Definitely. Black stain wood on shiny black metal would look very classy. Black wood on silver would be another great combo.

post #996 of 3470
post #997 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer2014 View Post
 

Ah, I see your from the land of the spinning windmills. But I see your point. At 414 + tax might as well save a bit more and go full custom.

 

For me the detachable cable offer a sort of security, if the cable is screwed up, I could get a decent replacement MMCX OFC cable for about 50-60$.

 

But seems like the cable with last a long time though. You'll enjoy your FX750. Absolutely beautiful made IEMs, lighter too.

 

Hehe.. Yup, spinning windmills and wooden shoes, that's me. Which is also why I also need some wooden IEM's... :biggrin:

 

A replaceable cable could be a plus, but if I screwed it up that would probably be at the connector...

 

Anyway, can't wait to hear them. And see them, too. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer2014 View Post
 


Definitely. Black stain wood on shiny black metal would look very classy. Black wood on silver would be another great combo.

 

My vote goes to buckeye burl with brushed alumin(i)um! 

post #998 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuwk Siphon View Post
 

 

Hehe.. Yup, spinning windmills and wooden shoes, that's me. Which is also why I also need some wooden IEM's... :biggrin:

 

A replaceable cable could be a plus, but if I screwed it up that would probably be at the connector...

 

Anyway, can't wait to hear them. And see them, too. 

 

My vote goes to buckeye burl with brushed alumin(i)um! 

Haha, you're right, we must learn from mochill's tragedy (he pulled the mmcx somehow)

 

Buckeye burl + brush aluminum = :eek:

post #999 of 3470

If anyone's interested, I posted two.5 seperate comparisons. 
MA900 and FX850
MA900, DT880 and FX850. Feel free to check them out, might be worth reading for those of you still wondering whether or not you should go for the FX850.

post #1000 of 3470
😅..they are still purdy💕😍
post #1001 of 3470

Anyone compared these to IE80? I love my IE80s but I would like to have a little better sub-bass extension.

post #1002 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by aras View Post
 

Anyone compared these to IE80? I love my IE80s but I would like to have a little better sub-bass extension.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716833/jvc-ha-fx850-and-sennheiser-ie80-which-one-is-best-for-daily-bus-commuter

 

They talk about them a bit here.


Edited by wanderer2014 - 5/17/14 at 3:27am
post #1003 of 3470

Quick question, after "burn in" for one whole week (i just let the woodie continuously playing on my Fiio X3).

 

I notice some very unpleasant sound when i watch this video, not sure is it because of the bad recording or is my woodie is broken.

 

Try listen from 0:31 - 0:38, there are some humming sound. It seems like the woodie diaphragm can't handle it or is it what the music suppose to sounds like?!!:blink:

 

post #1004 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeowyap View Post
 

Quick question, after "burn in" for one whole week (i just let the woodie continuously playing on my Fiio X3).

 

I notice some very unpleasant sound when i watch this video, not sure is it because of the bad recording or is my woodie is broken.

 

Try listen from 0:31 - 0:38, there are some humming sound. It seems like the woodie diaphragm can't handle it or is it what the music suppose to sounds like?!!:blink:

 

 

Just tried it, if what you're describing is a humming, sort of static like sound, then I hear it too. It's the way it's supposed to be.

 

And there are statistic that points out burn in don't do much to the technicalities of your iems, the burn in sound be done by actually listening to your iems, thus letting your brain adapt to the sound. That's what I think. And my FX850 bass has tamed down quite a bit, a pleasant mental change (that, or that we could have lost our hearing due to sledgehammering bass, lol).

post #1005 of 3470

Thanks wanderer2014. What a relieve, phew... thought it is broken... :atsmile: 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)