or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) - Page 40

post #586 of 3467
Quote:
Originally Posted by lescanadiens View Post

Hi Guys,

Just wondering how well FX 850 hold its own compared to the Ocharaku Kaede?
Both woodies and have different sound signatures. I know i am asking appleand orange :-)

Thanks!

I do own both and it is a difficult question to answer with certainty as both are superb instruments...

On certain types of music, the Kaede presents a more lifelike and immersive listening experience, but as an all-arounder, the FX850 would probably be the better choice as it is somewhat more tolerant of less than perfect recordings and a variety of mid-fi sources. The Kaede is lighter in weight and is more comfortable for long listening sessions. I also notice more improvement in sound with the Kaede with my DX90 than I do with the 850 in comparison using my DX50.

I suppose I could liken this to discussing the differences between an Audi and BMW!
Edited by HiFlight - 4/25/14 at 7:51am
post #587 of 3467

Anyone compare the JVC Woodie to the Nuforce Primo 8?

post #588 of 3467

so many owners of HA-850 and still there is no front photo of them .Thats a shame 

people come on make some front  photos at least of you ears 

post #589 of 3467
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlyd View Post

so many owners of HA-850 and still there is no front photo of them .Thats a shame 
people come on make some front  photos at least of you ears 
probably too expensive to keep 2 expensive hobbies. ...audio equipment n photography:D
post #590 of 3467
Thank you.
Now will try to look into the cheapest option to buy these babies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post

I do own both and it is a difficult question to answer with certainty as both are superb instruments...

On certain types of music, the Kaede presents a more lifelike and immersive listening experience, but as an all-arounder, the FX850 would probably be the better choice as it is somewhat more tolerant of less than perfect recordings and a variety of mid-fi sources. The Kaede is lighter in weight and is more comfortable for long listening sessions. I also notice more improvement in sound with the Kaede with my DX90 than I do with the 850 in comparison using my DX50.

I suppose I could liken this to discussing the differences between an Audi and BMW!
post #591 of 3467
"Courier is attempting delivery"

Music to my eyes. Looks like I'll have a woodie filled weekend. biggrin.gif
post #592 of 3467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

"Courier is attempting delivery"

Music to my eyes. Looks like I'll have a woodie filled weekend. biggrin.gif
#NoHomo

Can anyone compare these to T-Peos He-300?
post #593 of 3467
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlyd View Post

so many owners of HA-850 and still there is no front photo of them .Thats a shame 
people come on make some front  photos at least of you ears 

Ok. There you go. Just auditioned it and order placed. Just note that I have small ears with a rather narrow ear canal. Selfie 850 with stock small tips. Hope this helps.

[IMG]
post #594 of 3467
Over ear really nail the sound for me.

post #595 of 3467

cool thx for your pics . doesnt look so big at all .) Does FX850 have  differents sound over the ear ?

post #596 of 3467

 

On the shipping and cost end, Tenso has so far impressed. My order is only a few days old at this point. 

post #597 of 3467

Yes, Tenso is really fast. 

post #598 of 3467

They also have a very reasonable fee and ems shipping wasn't too much either.

post #599 of 3467
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlyd View Post

cool thx for your pics . doesnt look so big at all .) Does FX850 have  differents sound over the ear ?

No problem, just glad i can contribute in sone ways for this thread.

There were some minute differences I notice wearing over ears. Guess it give me a better fit due to the anatomy of my ear. The overall sound just sound fuller and highs were smoother.

Was worried when I first look at it and thought it might just be like the TF10 which can never properly fit me but it turns out well. My thoughts that having the cable connector somewhere in the middle of the housing seems to help even out the weight and helps the fit. Unlike the TF10 which have the cable connectors at the end of housing pulling down on it or the cable being a little further away to make a proper loop wearing over ear. But ymmv as I have small ears with a narrow canal. Hopes this gives you a better idea.
post #600 of 3467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo888 View Post

No problem, just glad i can contribute in sone ways for this thread.

There were some minute differences I notice wearing over ears. Guess it give me a better fit due to the anatomy of my ear. The overall sound just sound fuller and highs were smoother.

Was worried when I first look at it and thought it might just be like the TF10 which can never properly fit me but it turns out well. My thoughts that having the cable connector somewhere in the middle of the housing seems to help even out the weight and helps the fit. Unlike the TF10 which have the cable connectors at the end of housing pulling down on it or the cable being a little further away to make a proper loop wearing over ear. But ymmv as I have small ears with a narrow canal. Hopes this gives you a better idea.
I was thinking of upgrading from tf10 to these, how would you compare the two?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)