Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) - Page 203

post #3031 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post

 

plus it's (FX750) also the most comfortable model by far.

 

Yes, most definitely the most comfortable due to it's slightly smaller size, shape, and thinner cord.

post #3032 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo7messi10 View Post

I have the 850. what are IEMs which are considered an upgrade over these?
I own both the 750's & 850's. I think the 750's have more natural sounding timbre. But the 850's have a larger soundstage. Don't really think your going to find anything much better than these. I own a bunch of iems and these are the jewels of the bunch by quite a margin. I have customs coming in a few weeks and see if the can dethrone the woodies.
post #3033 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybone0566 View Post

 I have customs coming in a few weeks and see if the can dethrone the woodies.

 

Sacrilege!  You should be stripped of your 750s and 850s so that they can be given to the headphone needy...

post #3034 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybone0566 View Post


I own both the 750's & 850's. I think the 750's have more natural sounding timbre. But the 850's have a larger soundstage. Don't really think your going to find anything much better than these. I own a bunch of iems and these are the jewels of the bunch by quite a margin. I have customs coming in a few weeks and see if the can dethrone the woodies.


Same here. I already had the JH13FPs alongside the FX850s, but i need something that isolates more and is bass-oriented, will be doing ear impressions for my Earwerkz Legend Omega. Hope it will be done up and arrive at my doorsteps by the end of May.

Still i love the 850s for use at home with my ifi iDSD Micro. =)

post #3035 of 3043
I would part with a body part before my woodies.
post #3036 of 3043

Guys, I just placed my order for these and I was wondering what the best tips are that actually improve the sound?


I've heard mixed reviews of the stock tips, are they really not so good? I've also seen people recommend Comply tips, but I'm not so sure whether to get the T500s, or the T400s and what size to order.

Any recommendations from people who have tried different tips would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

post #3037 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibro911 View Post
 

Guys, I just placed my order for these and I was wondering what the best tips are that actually improve the sound?


I've heard mixed reviews of the stock tips, are they really not so good? I've also seen people recommend Comply tips, but I'm not so sure whether to get the T500s, or the T400s and what size to order.

Any recommendations from people who have tried different tips would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

T400 and T500 fits perfectly. For me the stock tips sounds really good. Using Comply add more bass though. Losing a bit in clarity though.

post #3038 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaleshark12 View Post
 

T400 and T500 fits perfectly. For me the stock tips sounds really good. Using Comply add more bass though. Losing a bit in clarity though.

Yeah, T400 or T500 will fit.  Mine are waiting at home for me... one more week!!!

post #3039 of 3043
Hi there,

Does anyone know how the Spinfit eartips fit with these woodies?

Cheers.
post #3040 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper3127 View Post

Hi there,

Does anyone know how the Spinfit eartips fit with these woodies?

Cheers.

Yes, it does fit for my case.

post #3041 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaleshark12 View Post
 

Yes, it does fit for my case.

Thanks guys. Any impressions on how the Spinfits affect the sound/compare to the stock?

post #3042 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybone0566 View Post

I would part with a body part before my woodies.

 

Yeah, I liked my FX850s so much I bought a second pair for the office.

post #3043 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibro911 View Post
 

Thanks guys. Any impressions on how the Spinfits affect the sound/compare to the stock?

A few of us actually share our impression on the spinfit tips with this woody. It was in the last few pages i think. Well, for me is the mid are more forward. Bass is lower a little bit. YMMV. So just take it as a grain of salt.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)