or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) - Page 18

post #256 of 3467
I think these are a true jewel 😍💕😎
post #257 of 3467

I ordered mine through amazon.jp/ tenso

 

I just looked on amazon.jp and saw this

 

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

 

 

Anyone know what this means?

post #258 of 3467
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 

No the're made in China ;).. Just joking. Yes they are.

 

Wait, yours are made in Japan? Dsnuts said in the discovery thread that his were made in China. I wonder if the ones made in Japan will sound any different...

post #259 of 3467

ya i saw that too, not very encouraging... someone here mentioned he got a bad pair. they replaced it bu he had to pay for shipping again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painful Chafe View Post
 

I ordered mine through amazon.jp/ tenso

 

I just looked on amazon.jp and saw this

 

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

 

 

Anyone know what this means?

So these are just as open as the fx700 im assuming, seems like everyone around will hear what you are listening to.


Edited by daveyostrow - 3/16/14 at 1:39am
post #260 of 3467
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post

ya i saw that too, not very encouraging... someone here mentioned he got a bad pair. they replaced it bu he had to pay for shipping again.
So these are just as open as the fx700 im assuming, seems like everyone around will hear what you are listening to.

No. According to a few guys here they have decent isolation.
post #261 of 3467
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post
 

 

Wait, yours are made in Japan? Dsnuts said in the discovery thread that his were made in China. I wonder if the ones made in Japan will sound any different...

 

Opps. They are made in China... I think the FX700s were made in Japan that is why I was making the assumption. 

post #262 of 3467
I think I'll wait these out. Might possible still go for the DUNU-1000s though. I like the idea of working my way up rather than just shooting for the heavens.
post #263 of 3467

It's an experience to work your way up. But at the same time its also a way to waste a lot more money in the process.

post #264 of 3467
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

It's an experience to work your way up. But at the same time its also a way to waste a lot more money in the process.

True, being only roughly $125 apart, I'm constantly debating whether or not it would be worth it to even consider the DUNU-1000s. I will take some time to make a decision on what move to make but, until then, I will continue to observe and enjoy what I have.
post #265 of 3467
Also, whichever I end up getting is going to be an everyday earphone so I was wondering how do you guys think this would hold up to daily use?
post #266 of 3467

That's always a good idea. I suggest waiting for the FX850s to drop in price again. @ $310.00 it was well worth its price IMO. Just have to watch amazon.jp as the prices constantly fluctuate.

post #267 of 3467
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

It's an experience to work your way up. But at the same time its also a way to waste a lot more money in the process.

Unless you know how to move gear. Buy/try/sell theories can work quite successfully. For example, Dunu DN -1000 is rather popular at the moment, buy it, try it, then sell while resale value remains high for $20 less. it's cost you $20 to try the Dunu and you've virtually made your money back for the next purchase, you could do the same right now with JVC FX850 currently while it's hype is strong. Only hoarders or laziness get you stuck with gear.

.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 3/16/14 at 4:17am
post #268 of 3467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painful Chafe View Post

Next time you have the urge to do something like that, send it to me and I'll sell it and send you half the money. I'm very serious about this offer. I sell tons of items on ebay, and sometimes here, though I try to stay away from selling here. Headphiles are a bitchy bunch.

Ha, I can relate. But there is a certain quality to deal on headfi. EBay is more quantity, so many people use it.
post #269 of 3467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painful Chafe View Post

No. According to a few guys here they have decent isolation.

Isolation for you maybe, not for people around you... Anyone test how much they bleed?
post #270 of 3467
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Unless you know how to move gear. Buy/try/sell theories can work quite successfully. For example, Dunu DN -1000 is rather popular at the moment, buy it, try it, then sell while resale value remains high for $20 less. it's cost you $20 to try the Dunu and you've virtually made your money back for the next purchase, you could do the same right now with JVC FX850 currently while it's hype is strong. Only hoarders or laziness get you stuck with gear.

.

 

Do you think they would easily sell for just $20.00 less? Generally people want a bigger discount than that on used gear vs new. Then factor in the loss you take on shipping the item to the buyer. The fact is constantly selling and upgrading in the long run is a big waste of money. I could have had an extra pair of CIEMs with all the purchases I've made and took loses on the items selling.


Edited by lee730 - 3/16/14 at 4:29am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)