Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) - Page 102

post #1516 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPierre View Post
 

Ah yes. you're from the HE-560 thread. I haven't researched the Asgard 2, but I know the Magni and the Asgard were pretty much the same Schiit :darthsmile:. Kidding, I just wanted to make that joke. I've heard about the Ember, but somehow I feel compelled to stay with Schiit, plus I'm a big fan of their Norse theme and their minimalistic aesthetics that is how it is for practicality and efficiency sake. The Magni works perfectly fine with the FX850. As it is I'm internally fighting over HE-400i + Schiit Lyr 2 or HE-560. I really wanted the HE-560 to go with my FX850, wood and wood :etysmile:
How do you like your IE800s?

That'd be me! :D Lol, good one. Funny, because there's a review on the front page here that actually has both of them in it. Definitely in a different class. I know how you feel about them. Just the way they do business is rad. It's how I've always wanted a company to be. Fan of the norse and minimalistics as well, andddd efficiency. I swear, minimalism and effiency go hand in hand and are just awesome together. Anyway, ofc the magni does. The FX is not power hungry, lol. Lyr2? Jeebus. Spensiveee. I guess I would only get that if I wanted to have a high powered tube amp (tubes benefit from being able to tailor the sound to your liking more, which is sweet), but I don't have a need with what I'm getting. Plus, I know I'd spend too much money on tubes themselves, lol.

Erm, the IE800's I got were fake, so I'm getting a refund on that soon. In the meantime, I'll be buying ANOTHER set from an Authorized dealer this time. I got the 800's for $435, but I'll be able to get the Authorized ones for $535 (comes with 90 day warranty and they've been tested).

post #1517 of 1891
Quote:

Erm, the IE800's I got were fake,


Holy schiit, that's very dissappointing. :frown: But yeah, HE-400i + Lyr 2 was more of me thinking out loud than anything, I probably won't get the Lyr 2 but Im definitely re-thinking whether I should get an HE-400i or an HE-560. I also wonder if the FX850 has been directly compared to the IE800s before, I'm kind of curious. :bigsmile_face: 

post #1518 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPierre View Post
 


Holy schiit, that's very dissappointing. :frown: But yeah, HE-400i + Lyr 2 was more of me thinking out loud than anything, I probably won't get the Lyr 2 but Im definitely re-thinking whether I should get an HE-400i or an HE-560. I also wonder if the FX850 has been directly compared to the IE800s before, I'm kind of curious. :bigsmile_face: 

No kidding, but at least the seller isn't a jerk. In any case I'm getting a refund (didn't send personal on Paypal).
Ah, okay. I'm going with the 400i because of more bass. It has more quantity. The standout thing that's been mentioned between the two is the depth in the soundstage is quite a bit bigger in the 560. My post on page 307 of that 560 impressions thread near the bottom details the two. Check it out.
Yeah, they do need to be compared. In any case I'm still going with the IE800 (hope it fits well!) due to it's size. I wanted a headphone that I could wear during workouts as well.

post #1519 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAmusing777 View Post
 

No kidding, but at least the seller isn't a jerk. In any case I'm getting a refund (didn't send personal on Paypal).
Ah, okay. I'm going with the 400i because of more bass. It has more quantity. The standout thing that's been mentioned between the two is the depth in the soundstage is quite a bit bigger in the 560. My post on page 307 of that 560 impressions thread near the bottom details the two. Check it out.
Yeah, they do need to be compared. In any case I'm still going with the IE800 (hope it fits well!) due to it's size. I wanted a headphone that I could wear during workouts as well.

It's good that you're getting a refund, that's a lot of money. The 560 might have a bigger soundstage, but the 400i doesn't sound like it'll have a small one, so I'm not too concerned about that. We should probably stop talking about the Hifimans on the FX850 thread, the JVCs deserve their respective forumspace too. :etysmile:

post #1520 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPierre View Post
 

It's good that you're getting a refund, that's a lot of money. The 560 might have a bigger soundstage, but the 400i doesn't sound like it'll have a small one, so I'm not too concerned about that. We should probably stop talking about the Hifimans on the FX850 thread, the JVCs deserve their respective forumspace too. :etysmile:


For sure. It doesn't. It's deeper than the AKG's, but lesser in width, but not by much (which is amazing). Yup, was thinking the same thing.

post #1521 of 1891

Should I trust buying it from here?

 

http://www.dx.com/p/jvc-kenwood-in-ear-headphones-ha-fx850-852313812#.U71y4vldWX4

$341.48 free shipping

 

BuySmartJapan and AccessoryJack will end up to at least $360+. Amazon.co.jp is even cheaper but wont ship to states.


Edited by DJ XtAzY - 7/9/14 at 9:54am
post #1522 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ XtAzY View Post

Should I trust buying it from here?

http://www.dx.com/p/jvc-kenwood-in-ear-headphones-ha-fx850-852313812#.U71y4vldWX4
$341.48 free shipping

BuySmartJapan and AccessoryJack will end up to at least $360+. Amazon.co.jp is even cheaper but wont ship to states.

Could use Tenso with Amazon.jp comes out to about the same price currently. You could wait for a price drop like many of us did, but that is unpredictable.
post #1523 of 1891

Awesome! That is just what I was looking for. Thanks man

post #1524 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadbythemelody View Post

Can someone explain to me how different cables may affect the sound quality? I do not know the electronics behind this.
I have a nbs speaker cable that I can clearly hear e difference when I switch cable...more detail n better separation. Another one is a power cord that I can tell e sound is clearer n wider soundstage. Then there is a transparent interconnect (regrettably e most expensive one) that sounds e same as those interconeect that comes w 30 dollar dvd player...dunno e science in it besides difference in conductivity. N as many have said, at 1 to 2 metres...e difference is extremely small. Its vodo....up u u to believe.
post #1525 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo888 View Post

Haven't decided on which cable yet because the stock cable seems to work for me. Things might change though if I put my thoughts into action.
The 8 conductor Hydra is the one I'm look at and maybe the the 4 conductor Hydra V2. 
Edit: The memory wire on my Hydra cable is pre molded to a set angle unlike the flexible kind I see on a stock cable.

 

Oh I see.. The 8 conductor cables looks too thick and I can imagine it being too stiff which probably wouldn't be too portable.

My FX are probably only 20 hours burnt in and I can tell it has changed ever so slightly. However I am getting a bit of sibilant though, not sure if it's because I used the UE90 for too long but my ears are definitely more sensitive now

 

Do you guys know any copper cables which wouldn't be too thick and can be used straight down/around the ear? Silver looks nice but I don't think I want it any brighter, smoother might be better and perhaps separation because it does sound a bit congested at the moment.

 

Not that I'm complaining - definitely enjoying it. Also decided to pull out my aged E17 and instantly the sound so much cleaner and fuller than my M8!

post #1526 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibilantz View Post

Oh I see.. The 8 conductor cables looks too thick and I can imagine it being too stiff which probably wouldn't be too portable.
My FX are probably only 20 hours burnt in and I can tell it has changed ever so slightly. However I am getting a bit of sibilant though, not sure if it's because I used the UE90 for too long but my ears are definitely more sensitive now

Do you guys know any copper cables which wouldn't be too thick and can be used straight down/around the ear? Silver looks nice but I don't think I want it any brighter, smoother might be better and perhaps separation because it does sound a bit congested at the moment.

Not that I'm complaining - definitely enjoying it. Also decided to pull out my aged E17 and instantly the sound so much cleaner and fuller than my M8!

Actually the 8 conductor is surprisingly flexible but think it might add on to the weight of the 850 if wearing it cable down. I also felt that sibilant will be greatly reduced with more hours on them and it's mostly present depending on your music file quality. You may want to put more burning time with the stock cable first and see how it works out for you.

Here is the 8 conductor Hydra I have on my SSE535 to give you an idea how thick is the cable.
post #1527 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibilantz View Post

Oh I see.. The 8 conductor cables looks too thick and I can imagine it being too stiff which probably wouldn't be too portable.
My FX are probably only 20 hours burnt in and I can tell it has changed ever so slightly. However I am getting a bit of sibilant though, not sure if it's because I used the UE90 for too long but my ears are definitely more sensitive now

Do you guys know any copper cables which wouldn't be too thick and can be used straight down/around the ear? Silver looks nice but I don't think I want it any brighter, smoother might be better and perhaps separation because it does sound a bit congested at the moment.

Not that I'm complaining - definitely enjoying it. Also decided to pull out my aged E17 and instantly the sound so much cleaner and fuller than my M8!

The Hybrid should do well for you.

About Silver cables actually my 93spec did a much better job at smoothing out the sounds but keeping the treble extension at the same time when compared to the other cable I have which is the Fiio SPC cable.

All in all either the 93spec silver or Nocturnal hybrids should solve your problem.

Alternatively you may look at either 93pc (a copper with 108 strand counts ala one of the highest strand counts in the market)

You may also want to chance out at the Nyx 8core Copper and hope its going to be as flexible as the Hydra 8 for over-the-ear wearing.

If all else don't sounds as tempting for you. You may still turn to Moon Audio's Black Dragon cables as a last resort as they seems light enough to be worn down comfortably (as least from what I see in the pictures).

Just my 2 cents (maybe 2 bucks as its quite a long post)

Hope you enjoy your FX850 either way! Cheers!
post #1528 of 1891
post #1529 of 1891

I've noticed when using the foam eartips with the deepest insertion you can get sound opens up quite a bit, and bass seems to tighten a lot. Comfort is weird but I recommend trying it. The sound is a little warmer, but it's the best results I've gotten so far.

post #1530 of 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/726412/jvc-ha-fx850-fiio-rc-se1#post_10702844

 

one up for sale...with free extras :P

 

 

Yea unfortunately I have to let them go... (I'm the seller)

 

In fact the FX850's are totally a steal at their MSRP and I don't feel the IE800's worth the price premium. I just want to get an end-game (maybe:evil:) IEMs and quit searching for another set 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)