or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) - Page 93

post #1381 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Yeah, do a head to head if you can. Note that I said the Tenore sounds fuller and more fleshed out than the other two.

How many hours on the FX850?
post #1382 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post


How many hours on the FX850?

 

Enough.

post #1383 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Enough.
That's great.
post #1384 of 3470

listening to the Tenore n FX850, both on JVC spiral tips..

off my desktop audiogd dac/amp....AppleLossless,

John Williams/StarWars, HansZimmer etc

Oleta Adams/Get Here, VanessaWilliams/The sweetestdays etc

 

my opinion :

Tenore is like a bookshelf spkr,

for small jazz setups, vocals, v enjoyable, rounded, dense, euphonic kind of sound..

v captivating if u just listen to it for awhile. I will be v happy with this iem on the go :)

 

FX850 is like a floorstander, big sense of space, separation, texture, deep authoritative bass..

more matured kind of sound, the ability to handle/encompass complex music with ease is telling,

sense of realism very evident once i switch over. ( making the Tenore sound congested, relatively)

I like this iem very much, big soundscape approaching that of my bigcans.

 

 

( i decided to use my destop setup as a kind of overkill, to stetchout each iem's ability...

My opinion does not invalidate anyone else's hearing via his setup..it is just another view.FWIW) 

post #1385 of 3470
I had 1k hrs but not even close to the tenores ability to speak 😃
post #1386 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

 

Yeah, do a head to head if you can. Note that I said the Tenore sounds fuller and more fleshed out than the other two.

 

You must have a defective H3 and FX850. Tenore is great in its price range though, but to my ears it's not even close to the FX850 or H3.

post #1387 of 3470

Under $100, I can't think of anything that beats the Tenore though.

post #1388 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

You must have a defective H3 and FX850. Tenore is great in its price range though, but to my ears it's not even close to the FX850 or H3.

Supposedly, there is no consistancy to the Tenores.  Supposedly, there are ones that sound pretty level, and some that are bass heavy, and reports of drivers degrading.  I wonder if those leveled and so called reference pairs are just accidents.  

 

Anyway, I have a question regarding 850 since it's considered bass heavy to the point james did a vent mod.  Does the bass bleed to the mids and create level clarity vs more level phones?  I'm reading these have clarity and have heavy bass, and I'm confused.  Anybody tried EQing down the bass if it was too heavy for them?

 

Lastly, how do these compared to 1p2?  1p2 has BA inside because BA are very stable at the high end I believe, and dynamics do well on the low end therefore have a dynamic driver.

post #1389 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

You must have a defective H3 and FX850. 

 

I don't.

 

It's funny how people completely agree with my assessment of the ASG-2 vs this same H3 pair, but suddenly the H3 is defective when I compare it to the Tenore.


Edited by eke2k6 - 6/17/14 at 7:09pm
post #1390 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

Supposedly, there is no consistancy to the Tenores.  Supposedly, there are ones that sound pretty level, and some that are bass heavy, and reports of drivers degrading.  I wonder if those leveled and so called reference pairs are just accidents.  

 

Anyway, I have a question regarding 850 since it's considered bass heavy to the point james did a vent mod.  Does the bass bleed to the mids and create level clarity vs more level phones?  I'm reading these have clarity and have heavy bass, and I'm confused.  Anybody tried EQing down the bass if it was too heavy for them?

 

Lastly, how do these compared to 1p2?  1p2 has BA inside because BA are very stable at the high end I believe, and dynamics do well on the low end therefore have a dynamic driver.

 

 

Bass doesn't bleed into the mids on the FX850, but they are bass heavy. Hmmm? The 1p2 has better bass than the FX850 (i.e. it is not as thick as the fX850 and seems to be visceral and punchy). That doesn't negate of make the FX850's bass bad to my ears though. As for mids and highs, I think the FX850 wins out over the 1p2. The mids especially seemed to be lacking details compared to the FX850 to my ears.

post #1391 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

 

I don't.

 

It's funny how people completely agree with my assessment of the ASG-2 vs this same H3 pair, but suddenly the H3 is defective when I compare it to the Tenore.

 

If you do like the Tenore, I hope you get a chance to hear the ZA flagship Doppio (if you haven't already). The clarity, transparency and detail is mind-boggling to me for the price of this dual-BA. It's the best neutral-BA universal I've heard, and one of the best universals I've heard period.

post #1392 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

 

Bass doesn't bleed into the mids on the FX850, but they are bass heavy. Hmmm? The 1p2 has better bass than the FX850 (i.e. it is not as thick as the fX850 and seems to be visceral and punchy). That doesn't negate of make the FX850's bass bad to my ears though. As for mids and highs, I think the FX850 wins out over the 1p2. The mids especially seemed to be lacking details compared to the FX850 to my ears.

This is what I heard, and that does make sense as the 1p2 is probably a more u shaped response possibly because of the use of two technologies.  The sound does wow you initially because of the controlled sound, the highs and wide nature of the sound I believe.  Not sure if the H3 suffers less clarity in the mids.  Well having the BA for high has benefits I believe since dynamic is not known to be fast, and thus not does well with highs as the BA. 

post #1393 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

Under $100, I can't think of anything that beats the Tenore though.

 

Am having a blast with the Havi B3 Pro 1 with JVC tips... the clarity n separation is superb,

n the involvement n spaciousness go up a notch w this tip. i love this ! 

post #1394 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I don't.

It's funny how people completely agree with my assessment of the ASG-2 vs this same H3 pair, but suddenly the H3 is defective when I compare it to the Tenore.

Huh, I've never heard the ASG-2, but while I do agree the Tenores edge ahead on the H-3 in terms of clarity seeing as the latter is tuned for a more mainstream sound. I do however disagree that the FX850s lose out in terms of clarity and resolution to the Tenores, timbre and soundstage are also quite a few steps ahead to the Tenores.


Again, not discrediting your findings, just giving some extra input. I personally like the Kc06a to the Tenores, different strokes and all that jazz. wink.gif
post #1395 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

Shootout



Tenore v FX850 v XBA-H3

 

 

...

 

 

I don't want to say it. I don't want to believe it. But the truth is undeniable. The Tenore is far superior to these two iems.

 

 

 

I must live in denial    :biggrin: 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)