I'd like to start off my first post by saying. I love music and I love playing games with friends.
I'm a student who has been off school for quite sometime and now working full-time.
I'll usually be taking the bus to work so I can definitely get my daily dose of music in with whatever headphones I decide to get. Most of the time once work is over I plan on listening to music at home or playing games online as well.
Another thing I am considering in new headphones is to improve my music library with songs from all genres which is why I am considering to get a neutral headphone although I do love my treble and head shaking bass (I prefer a warm or bright sound signature).
Would the Head-Fi community make any recommendations besides my current plan? I have been using the Audio Technica M50s for close to 2 years now but I bought them in white and they are really dirty looking so I'm looking for an upgrade which I think might be the Alpha Dogs.
I have also been looking at the ATH-W1000x aswell (The Denon D5000 looked very suitable but it is near impossible to find in Canada).
Preference for Headphone:
- Sound that works with almost all genres
- Either a Warm or Bright sound signature
- Able to listen to for long periods of time
- Around the $500 range (less is better)
- Able to use for travelling
- Noticeably better than the ATH M50s
- Nice looking
- Comfortable for long use (I heard that people complain about the weight of the Alpha dogs but as long as they are comfy on the head my neck can handle it)
I'm new to this amp business as well. I've been lurking for sometime and have seen how some amps pair well with other headphones but not much on the Alpha dogs (My eyes are pretty fixed on these pair of phones ). I'd like something that would fit in my pocket with whatever source I get if I even need an amp (I will probably need to get a new portable source like the X5 because the only other source I have is my phone which is a Galaxy S4 and the jack is pretty damaged). I was also reading about how the DX90 is coming out soon. Would the DX90 beable to drive the alpha dogs well?
Preference for Amp and/or Source:
- Pairs well with headphones
- Sub $500 total
- Ability to fit into pants pocket (Don't worry I don't wear skinny jeans )
- Ability to use with computer (Usb is the only way?)
- Able to drive alpha dogs (if there is no other headphone)
My Total budget I'm willing to spend is $1000 CDN which is a lot for me so I would like for it to last a long while hahaha. And if it sounds better than my ATH 50s that are un-amp'd I will be very pleased.
Edited by Jooce - 3/3/14 at 12:59pm