I'm on the search for the best 'cheap' DAC ~$600. I've read all the threads. I haven't heard any of the following though. I've gone back and forth in my head with the following:
1. Concero: Always heard great things. Don't need the 'HD'.
2. Herus: Haven't heard much about it as just a DAC. It's dedicated thread speaks about it's amp(ing) abilities more than as a DAC.
3. Schiit Modi: $109 shipped! Is it that much worse than a Bifrost?
4. Schiit Uber Bifrost: New from Amazon: $570. B-Stock on Amazon @ $529 shipped w/ taxes (thanks Cali). Is it truly a giant killer?
5. Other: What else is out there that you like? Maybe a used DAC to look out for?
Just looking for your personal opinions. This will accompany my new Project Ember and HE-500's.