Hello, I know there were topics like this one but I've searched ton of forums and reviews and I'm still feeling stupid ;) My current headphones are DT770 80 ohm but I'll try to 'exchange' them for 250 ohm version (liked it more).
I need a combo DAC+AMP for ~$150-200 (no Magni&Modi available here). I guess I don't need any 'emphasized' dac/amps (due of DT770 character), kinda neutral set with nice soundstage is desired (using for music + sometimes playing FPS). This is what I researched:
- FiiO E12 + DAC (2 ppl recommended E12 with DT770, but some ppl had problems with background noises...)
- FiiO E09K + DAC
I can't afford to buy expensive DAC (but it should be better improvement so I guess I need that), I found:
- ELE EL-D01 ($15) - no warranty
- Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC UAE23 ($53) - no warranty
- HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 Asynchronous USB DAC ($68) - no warranty
- modded FiiO D03K ($70) - no warranty
If I buy FiiO E12, I guess I won't buy UAE23, nor U2 and D03K because it would be too expensive set.
What should I do? Everything will be permanently connected to PC (posting here because most of these amps are portable).
Every owners' opinions are welcome :) Or if someone has better idea about combo, please post.
PS My motherboard has "1 x Coaxial SPDIF Out Port and 1 x Optical SPDIF Out Port" so USB is not necessary and optical is better in my case?
Edited by trubul - 3/1/14 at 9:45am