Dear FiiO X5 Users:
Since the X5 was released in January, it has shown great compatibility with most lossless and lossy music formats in the market, including support for 192k/24bit master tape quality music; ability to act as asynchronous 192k/24bit DAC; and higher sound quality, better build, design, UI and operation, earning it high regard in the hearts and minds of consumers and industry insiders alike.
We are not resting on our laurels, however. Based on feedback from users regarding bugs and suggestions for improvements, we have continually upgraded the X5 firmware, so that the current version (2.00) is basically stable. However, there are some functions yet to be implemented and some small problems awaiting resolution. To let users receive a better product and to let everyone better understand the work we are doing, we announce our plans for future updates to the X5 firmware as follows:
A. Improvements made since firmware 1.10:
1. Improved speed of media library updates and reduced likelihood of hang-ups during updates.
2. Improvements to lockscreen feature.
3. Improvements to equalizer feature: adjusting EQ steps and adding decibel indicators to the vertical axis.
4. Now Playing screen will show the EQ preset being used, if any.
5. Improve the speed at which Now Playing screen shows when choosing a song with album image from file browsing.
6. Improve response and reduce oversensitivity of the scroll wheel when using it to scroll through menu items.
7. Correct bug where the X5 shuts down after media library update is complete if the lockscreen button is pressed during an update while songs are playing.
8. Corrects bug where heart symbol is not shown next to currently playing song if playing from My Favorites and returning to the favourites list using the back button.
9. Correct bug where pressing the Previous button always skips to the previous track when the screen is locked (should skip to the beginning of the current track if it has been playing for over 10s).
10. Change the default selection of the format dialog to “No” to prevent accidental formatting of micro SD cards.
11. Adding support for cue files of mp3 albums.
12. Long-press of the shortcuts key will bring you to the Now Playing screen instead of the main menu.
13. Acceleration of scrolling and fast forward / rewind when the scroll wheel is turned continuously or the buttons are held down.
14. Support for multilevel categories in Play by Category (e.g. showing all albums by a selected artist)
15. Added scrollbar to song lists in Browse Files or Play by Category.
Improvements made since firmware 1.20:
16. Now splits single music files into tracks at correct times according to cue files.
17. Added a choice to return directly to the Now Playing screen from the Browse Files dialog.
18. Support for DSD added.
19. Addition of USB OTG function for using external storage.
20. Improved interval of gapless playback.
21. Fixed the bug in the playback of OGG files where noise can be heard in the left channel for tracks with high dynamic range.
22. Improved support for various tag information of OGG files, e.g. title, artist, genre, embedded cover art.
23. Fixed issue where the X5’s screen remains on indefinitely when charging (while powered off) or while functioning as DAC.
A. Long term improvements
1. Improving battery life of the X5
2. Correcting compatibility problems with certain music files
3. Further reducing the likelihood of hang-ups during media library updates.
B. Bugs to be corrected and features to be added within the next two firmware revisions
1. Improve the speed at which album art shows when playing a song with a large or high resolution album image file.
2. Currently when a music file comes with an incompatible cue file, neither the split tracks nor the original music file itself will show up. An update will allow the latter to show up.
3. Correct bug where the first second of a song is sometimes skipped.
4. Support for more external album cover files.
C. Added to the firmware updating plan, but requiring longer development time—no firm schedule
1. Add support for m3u playlists.
2. Add display of total number of songs and number of songs on TF1 and TF2 under System Settings->“About X5”.
3. Path memory function for Now Playing screen.
D. Not realizable owing to underlying coding infrastructure limitations
1. Resume modes remembering the song last played after the X5 was connected to the computer.
2. Skipping to the next folder after completing playback of the current folder.
3. Deleting a whole folder of songs.
Edited by Joe Bloggs - 5/7/14 at 7:09am