Dear FiiO X3 Users,
Since the X3 was released, it has shown great compatibility with most lossless and lossy music formats in the market, including support for 192k/24bit master tape quality music; coupled with its high-fidelity sound and small size, the X3 has earned high regard and support amongst consumers.
At the same time, based on feedback from users regarding bugs and suggestions for improvements, we have continually upgraded the X3 firmware, adding functions such as 192k/24bit asynchronous USB audio decoding and optimizing other functions since firmware version 1.31.
The current version of X3 firmware (3.0) is basically stable. However, to let users receive the best product, we will continue to improve and upgrade the X3 firmware. To let everyone better understand the work we are doing, we announce our plans for future updates to the X3 firmware as follows:
Note: The following pertains mainly to update plans after firmware version 3.0.
A. Improvements made since version 2.10:
1. Improved the speed of media library updates and reduced the likelihood of hang-ups during updates.
2. Splitting single music files into tracks at correct times according to cue files (currently the track timings may be wrong for some music file formats)
3. Added support for DSD.
4. Adding support for displaying album cover and lyrics simultaneously.
5. Improvement to UI & text display and correcting mistakes in word font in the UI.
6. Adding support for cue files of mp3 albums.
7. Extending the support for sample rates (but audio quality not guaranteed for some low sample rates).
8. Correct bug where the first second of a song is sometimes skipped.
9. Support for multilevel categories in Play by Category (e.g. showing all albums by a selected artist)
10. Reading album and genre information for cue files.
11. Hold button to switch off the screen immediately when engaged and switch on the screen immediately when disengaged.
12. Fix the bug in the playback of OGG files where noise can be heard in the left channel for tracks with high dynamic range.
13. Improve support for various tag information of OGG files, e.g. title, artist, genre, embedded cover art.
14. Correct issue where the X3’s screen remains on indefinitely when charging (while powered off)
15. Adding display of total number of songs and number of songs on internal storage and TF card under System Settings->Info / Storage.
16. Adding support for larger size and higher resolution cover image.
B. Long term improvements
1. Improving battery life of the X3. For example, the play time per full charge was extended for about 40 minutes under firmware 1.31.
2. Correcting compatibility problems with certain music files.
3. Further reducing the likelihood of hang-ups during media library updates.
C. Bugs to be corrected and features to be added within the next two firmware revisions
1. Support for more external album cover files.
D. Added to the firmware updating plan, but requiring longer development time—no firm schedule
1. Adding support for m3u playlists.
2. Path memory function for Now Playing screen.
3. Further support for multilevel categories in Play by Category (e.g. showing all albums in a selected genre; additional "Play all" option for a selected artist)
E. Not yet planned for updating, awaiting further evaluation
1. Certain Windows XP computers not detecting TF card insertion and removal correctly on the X3 after the X3 is connected to the computer.
2. Resume modes not remembering the song last played after the X3 was turned off and on repeatedly.
3. Skipping to the next folder after completing playback of the current folder.
Edited by Joe Bloggs - 6/6/14 at 11:38pm