Just talking about sound quality of the two dacs here. Has anybody had a chance to compare these two. After looking at stuff a long time I think it has come down to one of these. I saw some posts on the DC-1 forum but I am thinking those people may be a bit biased. Stat and feature wise the DC-1 is the clear winner but stats never tell the whole story with audio equipment.
- productEmotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DACtagged by dbsaffor, 3/3/14
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by dbsaffor, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Best ~$600 USB DAC? Last post on 9/18/14 at 6:24pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Yulong D200 32bit 384KHz DSD DAC Last post on 7/8/14 at 10:32pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Lyr + Bifrost combo doesn't improve my music at all Last post on 11/27/14 at 7:09am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Are there headphones that work with glasses? Last post on 9/15/14 at 7:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which would you choose? Last post on 8/30/14 at 4:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
UberBifrost vs Emo DC-1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was hoping for a few more replies to this thread as I'm trying to make the same decision. I think in the end a lot of it comes down to whether or not you need all of the additional connections the DC-1 offers. However, I am curious to know if anyone has had a chance to hear these two DAC's side by side and compare the sound.
You really shouldn't hear difference between DAC anyway.
I have UberBifrost and had Emo DC-1 for a while, the main difference I noticed was the bass impact, bifrost had a more detailed low range; while the highs were more clear and precise.
The difference is very small though, you need to switch between these DAC many a times to notice the difference. DC-1 is smooth and both are winners, they are good DAC in price range.
google "emotiva dc-1 vs schiit" you will more comparison, not sure I would be allowed to link them here.
I agree with that. There was that big dac recent thread where it was found some of the dacs, including the DC-1, were virtually indistinguishable from each other.
The killer feature of the DC-1 for me, being primarily a speakers user, is that is has an analogue preamp, and great value at $500. The main thing putting me off is its C-media driver cannot be used with JPLAY because it doesn't support Kernal Streaming, which I use. Seems like a no-go for JPLAY and Audiophile Optimiser users.
I also have reservations about whether the DC-1 will sound slightly on the 'polite' side, but that's just from a couple or comments I've noticed.
Edited by BrainFood - 4/21/14 at 9:31am
I ended up with the Uber Bifrost, as was already mentioned, mostly because the bass is just tighter and more detailed. Someday I would like to get a DC-1 as well, I love the display and the fact you can run RCA or Balanced out of it. Much more versatile unit than the Bifrost. Plus it has those headphone outputs built in. I didn't get to listen to them in the store very long but they didn't sound terrible. Might even sound pretty good with the right phones.
- UberBifrost vs Emo DC-1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fidue A71 Dual Dynamic - Appreciation Thread 6 seconds ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 7 seconds ago
- › O2+ODAC vs. Magni (or Vali)+Modi w/ HD650's 27 seconds ago
- › Audio GD NFB-28 FS 48 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › Do headphones that boast freq response down to 5hz really deliver... 2 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › burson new soloist headphone amp 6 minutes ago
- › Enjoy this hot sexy girl 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 6 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)