So I need some help... I have a MSi G45 Gaming mobo which has the ALC 1150 chip with a OPA1652 amp and the Sound Blaster Cinema software. When I play games it really doesn't sound that different when I have it on compared to off. I'm wondering if I should buy a sound card that will have better virtual surround sound? I hear a lot of people say how the Sound Blaster Z with SBX Pro Studio is really good, so is that totally different from the one I have? Also, the headphones I am using are the Phillips X1's and I don't use any kind of DAC or AMP, I just plug straight in to the back of my computer. Thank you for any help, it is greatly appreciated.
- productCreative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Cardtagged by dbsaffor, 3/6/14
- productPhilips Fidelio X1tagged by dbsaffor, 3/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Help choosing pc audio card under 70$ and question about DAC Last post on 3/9/14 at 10:47am in Computer Audio
- Yamaha receiver vs. Sound Blaster Z for Philips X1's Last post on 1/24/14 at 1:30pm in Computer Audio
- Senn hd600 vs. Fidelio X1 Compare? Last post on 9/18/14 at 4:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which is better? (Denon D600) Vs.(Philips Fidelio X1) Last post on 9/17/14 at 8:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- (Denon AH-D600) Vs. (Philips Fidelio X1) Last post on 9/16/14 at 7:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
Choosing the right virtual surround
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi, realtek says http://www.realtek.com/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=28&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=328 that this chip optionally support "SRS TruSurround HD" check software part at the bottom. This is meant to create virtual surround 2.0 or 3.1 from multichannel source. So if to believe them then it should do the same what SBX surround or DolbyHeadphone does. Try to figure out will this soft work for You.
Also You can check razer virtual surround software.
And i can confirm Creative SBX surround sound fine for my ears in games, though i can compare only to Creative CMSS-3D from my previous board.
- Choosing the right virtual surround
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 4 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 24 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!! 5 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › PHONON SMB-02 - HOLY GRAIL 5 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 7 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)