So I need some help... I have a MSi G45 Gaming mobo which has the ALC 1150 chip with a OPA1652 amp and the Sound Blaster Cinema software. When I play games it really doesn't sound that different when I have it on compared to off. I'm wondering if I should buy a sound card that will have better virtual surround sound? I hear a lot of people say how the Sound Blaster Z with SBX Pro Studio is really good, so is that totally different from the one I have? Also, the headphones I am using are the Phillips X1's and I don't use any kind of DAC or AMP, I just plug straight in to the back of my computer. Thank you for any help, it is greatly appreciated.
- productCreative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Cardtagged by dbsaffor, 3/6/14
- productPhilips Fidelio X1tagged by dbsaffor, 3/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Help choosing pc audio card under 70$ and question about DAC Last post on 3/9/14 at 10:47am in Computer Audio
- Yamaha receiver vs. Sound Blaster Z for Philips X1's Last post on 1/24/14 at 1:30pm in Computer Audio
- WTS: Philips Fidelio X1 Last post on 7/16/14 at 1:40am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- AKG Q701 or Philips Fidelio X1 Last post on 7/27/14 at 5:37am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Philips Fidelio X1 - Low volume on PC Last post on 7/26/14 at 6:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'm not going to repeat them. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for the strong recommendation and...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
Choosing the right virtual surround
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi, realtek says http://www.realtek.com/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=28&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=328 that this chip optionally support "SRS TruSurround HD" check software part at the bottom. This is meant to create virtual surround 2.0 or 3.1 from multichannel source. So if to believe them then it should do the same what SBX surround or DolbyHeadphone does. Try to figure out will this soft work for You.
Also You can check razer virtual surround software.
And i can confirm Creative SBX surround sound fine for my ears in games, though i can compare only to Creative CMSS-3D from my previous board.
- Choosing the right virtual surround
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 49 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 1 minute ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Beats by Dre question, could you like them if.. 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 3 minutes ago
- › Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun 4 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 7 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 8 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)