or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Music City Meet / Nashville, TN Area / May 10, 2014 (UPDATED 3/4/2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Music City Meet / Nashville, TN Area / May 10, 2014 (UPDATED 3/4/2014) - Page 4

post #46 of 172
Hope I can make it. Looks like a lot of good gear. Can we get a date settled so people can start planning?

Gear:
Spl phonitor
PS audio nuwave
Sansui ss-100
Sony Dr-z6
Sansui sh-15
Yamaha yhd-2
post #47 of 172
Thread Starter 

I hope you can make it also.  It's definitely shaping up to be a worthwhile meet.  I'll add you to the attending thread as a maybe for the time being.

post #48 of 172

OK been away form these forums for quite some time, but recently have been able to squirrel away some time to reenter the hobby. I cannot commit 100% until I can check the work sched, but I would love to make it. Probably bring one guest. As for gear

 

HD580

DT990

D5000

 

Grub => CKIII

SOHA II

Porta Corda III (diy kit version)

Carrie/Grub USB System

 

Finally I have in my possession the board and most of the bits to assemble a hybrid/tube eXStatA. I have been sitting on them for literally years due to lack of time/money and more importantly a lack of Elecrostat cans lol. So, while I would love to complete it and I will thoroughly test it to insure it is safe, someone would have to be willing to plug in...

 

Anywho I will report back in a couple days to confirm my attendance.

post #49 of 172
Thread Starter 

Ok, I will put a maybe by you for now as well.  Hopefully work will cooperate.

post #50 of 172

Warrenpchi on the HeadFidentification thread said there may be some Head Fi stickers in the Music City.

post #51 of 172

in addition to the mad ear+, a recently aquired wa7 from woo be there !

post #52 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

in addition to the mad ear+, a recently aquired wa7 from woo be there !

Woo Audio 7 was on my short list of DAC/AMP's I have to hear :beerchug:

post #53 of 172

Ooh, the Fireflies! Got to listen to one at Canlanta last year, and that was one of the three pieces of gear in the whole event my mom liked most. Absolutely gorgeous in a modern, minimalist way... I'm looking forward to getting to check it out again, as I was a bit dismissive of it last year because it was paired with an HD650, which I dislike. (My mom checked it out on a couple of cans, including my T5p, which is a much more intelligent approach than my own... :o). 

 

Woooooo!!!! Still stoked about this MEET!!!!!!! :D

post #54 of 172

stoked as will too !


Edited by jaywillin - 3/12/14 at 4:21pm
post #55 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

Woo Audio 7 was on my short list of DAC/AMP's I have to hear :beerchug:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogenes View Post
 

Ooh, the Fireflies! Got to listen to one at Canlanta last year, and that was one of the three pieces of gear in the whole event my mom liked most. Absolutely gorgeous in a modern, minimalist way... I'm looking forward to getting to check it out again, as I was a bit dismissive of it last year because it was paired with an HD650, which I dislike. (My mom checked it out on a couple of cans, including my T5p, which is a much more intelligent approach than my own... :o). 

 

Woooooo!!!! Still stoked about this MEET!!!!!!! :D

and quite possibly an alpha dog

post #56 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post

 

and quite possibly an alpha dog

 

Hmmm.... I've been really wanting to check these out and see if they're another case of Head-Fi FOTM or the real deal. Especially since I theoretically prefer closed-back cans for isolation... That would be pretty awesome, man!! Fingers crossed ;). 

post #57 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogenes View Post
 

 

Hmmm.... I've been really wanting to check these out and see if they're another case of Head-Fi FOTM or the real deal. Especially since I theoretically prefer closed-back cans for isolation... That would be pretty awesome, man!! Fingers crossed ;). 

real deal

post #58 of 172

Would like to attend, but live in Memphis, 3 hours away, so the exact date and time will come into play. edit: I do think May 10th would be fine. Put me down for a maybe, and I'd bring:

 

Grado PS500

Grado SR80i

Fiio E11

 

Looking forward to this. Some stuff I definitely want to try out. Also wouldn't mind hearing my PS500s on some good stuff :)


Edited by Porteroso - 3/14/14 at 10:52pm
post #59 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porteroso View Post
 

Would like to attend, but live in Memphis, 3 hours away, so the exact date and time will come into play. edit: I do think May 10th would be fine. Put me down for a maybe, and I'd bring:

 

Grado PS500

Grado SR80i

Fiio E11

 

Looking forward to this. Some stuff I definitely want to try out. Also wouldn't mind hearing my PS500s on some good stuff :)


and there is a pair of ps500's !!!

 

i'm bring a MAD Ear+ HD , i think you'll dig it !

post #60 of 172

I think I'll be digging alot of things, which might not be good for my wallet. Bob Ross would say that this will be a happy little mistake, going to a meet like this.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Music City Meet / Nashville, TN Area / May 10, 2014 (UPDATED 3/4/2014)