I currently live in Shanghai and want to use this to my advantage and upgrade my current setup. I am looking to spend around $600 for an Amp & DAC to pair with my Beyerdynamic DT880s.
As of now I am using a Macbook w/ itunes 320kbps MP3s-> Firestone audio Fubar II DAC -> matching Firestone amp -> DT880s
I've been researching extensively on here to see what my options are but figured I would see if anyone has any other suggestions before I make a decision. I listen to mostly rock / indie / electronic stuff and am interested in something with a slightly warm sound. As of now the two options I am considering are:
1) Little Dot MKIV + Little Dot DAC_1 - interested in this setup because I get to try out tubes which is something I have never had before.
2) Audio GD NFB10.33 - interested in this because a) the ability to go full balanced if I re-terminate my headphones, b) the ability to use this as a balanced DAC for my home amp which also has balanced inputs, c) it has a remote
3) Purchase LD MKIV for now and at a later date upgrade the DAC. Maybe the Yulong D100 or the Audio GD NFB17.32?
- are there any other Chinese products I should be considering?
- Will running balanced make much of a difference on DT880s or would I need to go higher end for it to matter?
- Do you think either of these setups will be worth the cost to upgrade from my current setup? In particular, will either of these DACs be noticeably better than my current Fubar DAC? (think basic $100 DAC with external PSU)
Thanks in advance for the help.