- 517 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Location: Overland Park Kansas
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone recommendation for ~$100 - closed, comfy, semi-portable, for rock and a mix of other stuff Last post on 12/27/13 at 3:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the best headphone for under 200? Last post on 3/8/13 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEED help picking out headphones Last post on 12/14/12 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me to choose which headphones to buy! Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- i want your addvises on some headphones (shr 840 / hd 380 ) Last post on 11/11/12 at 4:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
THIS IS MY FIRST REVIEW I bought this pair of earphones as a cheap alternative for my broken phone earphones. Once I bought it, I never heard of the brand SoundMagic before yet, and doubted the...
Introduction I recently participated in the OPPO PM-1 loaner program -- many thanks to Chris and the folks at OPPO for providing this wonderful opportunity! I was able to demo the PM-1 headphones...
Position on burning in headphones - Page 2post #16 of 422/25/14 at 7:46pmThread StarterWhat do you guys think about the Sony MDR X10? Picking them up this weekend from Nebraska Furniture Mart on sale for $99.99.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 422/25/14 at 7:59pmQuote:
I thought the topic was burn in.post #18 of 422/25/14 at 8:18pmThread Starterpost #19 of 422/25/14 at 8:24pmQuote:
I think they sound like a giant pile of bass with muffled mids and highs, but a lot of people like 'em so maybe you will.post #20 of 422/25/14 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by NewWaveAudio
It is @Claritas I was wondering if these particular head phones would benefit from burn in
Oh, sorry. Obviously, it depends on the model. Some benefit very little (KNS8400); others a lot (HA-S500). Either way, it's worth trying. I like to alternate pink noise and some bass heavy music at a little louder than normal listening. Duration of burn in varies too. SR80i took maybe 40 hours, but HA-S500 took over 70 hours.post #21 of 422/25/14 at 8:28pm
Here's Tyll's take on Burn-In with a pair of AKG's that was left on his test unit for 300 Hours...post #22 of 422/25/14 at 8:35pmpost #23 of 422/25/14 at 8:43pmpost #24 of 422/25/14 at 8:51pmpost #25 of 422/25/14 at 8:55pmQuote:
And compare them? I did that once, with HA-S500 because It was cheap enough. BIG differences. I liked it more before burn in, but it was objectively better after.post #26 of 422/25/14 at 8:56pmQuote:
There have been numerous headphones where the build of the drivers was inconsistent right from the factory, so not really.post #27 of 422/25/14 at 9:00pmQuote:
I agree with this as well. It's important to experience these things yourself. You can only learn so much via reading. That's how I formed my opinion on burn in, by experience, and who knows, maybe eventually something will come along that will change it.post #28 of 422/25/14 at 9:09pmQuote:
That's true (especially with some firms). Presumably one could measure and listen to them to match the drivers before testing for burn in.post #29 of 422/25/14 at 9:16pmQuote:
You could do that...
But over on that "Pirate Site", they found 6 pairs of DT1350's all measuring differently.post #30 of 422/25/14 at 9:25pmQuote:
I'm not surprised. I didn't name names, but there's a reason for manufaktur.
- Position on burning in headphones
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter - nearly new! [Canada] 1 second ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 19 seconds ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 54 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25 1-ii 1 minute ago
- › AUSDOM M05 With APT-X WorldWide Review ------Reviewers Wanted ! 1 minute ago
- › Tennmak 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations Please for HD 800s 2 minutes ago
- › ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › Philips SHG7980 PC Gaming Headset With Adjustable Microphone by Triquatra
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by H20Fidelity
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse