- 307 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Location: Overland Park Kansas
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone recommendation for ~$100 - closed, comfy, semi-portable, for rock and a mix of other stuff Last post on 12/27/13 at 3:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the best headphone for under 200? Last post on 3/8/13 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEED help picking out headphones Last post on 12/14/12 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me to choose which headphones to buy! Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- i want your addvises on some headphones (shr 840 / hd 380 ) Last post on 11/11/12 at 4:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have used the Sony MDR-7506s as long as I can remember. I do Front-of-House (FOH) mixing for bands, and these phones have been by my side for many years. Some people hate the cable, i like...
My my, how time flies. It’s been over a year - and similarly over 136K views - since I wrote my original review for the Beryllium Xiaomi Pistons 2.0, or Xiaomi MK301. During the past year, I’ve...
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
Position on burning in headphones - Page 2post #16 of 422/25/14 at 7:46pmThread StarterWhat do you guys think about the Sony MDR X10? Picking them up this weekend from Nebraska Furniture Mart on sale for $99.99.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 422/25/14 at 7:59pmpost #18 of 422/25/14 at 8:18pmThread Starterpost #19 of 422/25/14 at 8:24pmQuote:
I think they sound like a giant pile of bass with muffled mids and highs, but a lot of people like 'em so maybe you will.post #20 of 422/25/14 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by NewWaveAudio
It is @Claritas I was wondering if these particular head phones would benefit from burn in
Oh, sorry. Obviously, it depends on the model. Some benefit very little (KNS8400); others a lot (HA-S500). Either way, it's worth trying. I like to alternate pink noise and some bass heavy music at a little louder than normal listening. Duration of burn in varies too. SR80i took maybe 40 hours, but HA-S500 took over 70 hours.post #21 of 422/25/14 at 8:28pm
Here's Tyll's take on Burn-In with a pair of AKG's that was left on his test unit for 300 Hours...post #22 of 422/25/14 at 8:35pmpost #23 of 422/25/14 at 8:43pmpost #24 of 422/25/14 at 8:51pmpost #25 of 422/25/14 at 8:55pmQuote:
And compare them? I did that once, with HA-S500 because It was cheap enough. BIG differences. I liked it more before burn in, but it was objectively better after.post #26 of 422/25/14 at 8:56pmQuote:
There have been numerous headphones where the build of the drivers was inconsistent right from the factory, so not really.post #27 of 422/25/14 at 9:00pmQuote:
I agree with this as well. It's important to experience these things yourself. You can only learn so much via reading. That's how I formed my opinion on burn in, by experience, and who knows, maybe eventually something will come along that will change it.post #28 of 422/25/14 at 9:09pmQuote:
That's true (especially with some firms). Presumably one could measure and listen to them to match the drivers before testing for burn in.post #29 of 422/25/14 at 9:16pmQuote:
You could do that...
But over on that "Pirate Site", they found 6 pairs of DT1350's all measuring differently.post #30 of 422/25/14 at 9:25pmQuote:
I'm not surprised. I didn't name names, but there's a reason for manufaktur.
- Position on burning in headphones
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 13 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 14 seconds ago
- › The Ponomusic PonoPlayer Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 32 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 32 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › FS: Superlux HD-681 Over Ear Headphones with Velour Pads (unmodded) 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by Rashmosh
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2