- 305 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Location: Overland Park Kansas
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone recommendation for ~$100 - closed, comfy, semi-portable, for rock and a mix of other stuff Last post on 12/27/13 at 3:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me to choose which headphones to buy! Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- i want your addvises on some headphones (shr 840 / hd 380 ) Last post on 11/11/12 at 4:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for advice on new headphone purchase Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for opinions on long list of headphones feel free to post anything you might find better Last post on 10/17/12 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
Disclaimer: I received this unit for review purpose as a part of the Australasian tour. The unit is owned by Paul (Brooko). Thank you for making this happen. Summary: This is the...
Position on burning in headphones - Page 2post #16 of 422/25/14 at 7:46pmThread StarterWhat do you guys think about the Sony MDR X10? Picking them up this weekend from Nebraska Furniture Mart on sale for $99.99.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 422/25/14 at 7:59pmpost #18 of 422/25/14 at 8:18pmThread Starterpost #19 of 422/25/14 at 8:24pmQuote:
I think they sound like a giant pile of bass with muffled mids and highs, but a lot of people like 'em so maybe you will.post #20 of 422/25/14 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by NewWaveAudio
It is @Claritas I was wondering if these particular head phones would benefit from burn in
Oh, sorry. Obviously, it depends on the model. Some benefit very little (KNS8400); others a lot (HA-S500). Either way, it's worth trying. I like to alternate pink noise and some bass heavy music at a little louder than normal listening. Duration of burn in varies too. SR80i took maybe 40 hours, but HA-S500 took over 70 hours.post #21 of 422/25/14 at 8:28pm
Here's Tyll's take on Burn-In with a pair of AKG's that was left on his test unit for 300 Hours...post #22 of 422/25/14 at 8:35pmpost #23 of 422/25/14 at 8:43pmpost #24 of 422/25/14 at 8:51pmpost #25 of 422/25/14 at 8:55pmQuote:
And compare them? I did that once, with HA-S500 because It was cheap enough. BIG differences. I liked it more before burn in, but it was objectively better after.post #26 of 422/25/14 at 8:56pmQuote:
There have been numerous headphones where the build of the drivers was inconsistent right from the factory, so not really.post #27 of 422/25/14 at 9:00pmQuote:
I agree with this as well. It's important to experience these things yourself. You can only learn so much via reading. That's how I formed my opinion on burn in, by experience, and who knows, maybe eventually something will come along that will change it.post #28 of 422/25/14 at 9:09pmQuote:
That's true (especially with some firms). Presumably one could measure and listen to them to match the drivers before testing for burn in.post #29 of 422/25/14 at 9:16pmQuote:
You could do that...
But over on that "Pirate Site", they found 6 pairs of DT1350's all measuring differently.post #30 of 422/25/14 at 9:25pmQuote:
I'm not surprised. I didn't name names, but there's a reason for manufaktur.
- Position on burning in headphones
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 37 seconds ago
- › Broken Grado drivers 58 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Mahler Symphonies Favorite Recordings 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Digital Interface 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FXT100, HA-FXT200, HA-FXT200 LTD HI-SPEED 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)