- 305 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Location: Overland Park Kansas
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone recommendation for ~$100 - closed, comfy, semi-portable, for rock and a mix of other stuff Last post on 12/27/13 at 3:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me to choose which headphones to buy! Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- i want your addvises on some headphones (shr 840 / hd 380 ) Last post on 11/11/12 at 4:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for advice on new headphone purchase Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for opinions on long list of headphones feel free to post anything you might find better Last post on 10/17/12 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
Position on burning in headphones - Page 2post #16 of 422/25/14 at 7:46pmThread StarterWhat do you guys think about the Sony MDR X10? Picking them up this weekend from Nebraska Furniture Mart on sale for $99.99.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 422/25/14 at 7:59pmpost #18 of 422/25/14 at 8:18pmThread Starterpost #19 of 422/25/14 at 8:24pmQuote:
I think they sound like a giant pile of bass with muffled mids and highs, but a lot of people like 'em so maybe you will.post #20 of 422/25/14 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by NewWaveAudio
It is @Claritas I was wondering if these particular head phones would benefit from burn in
Oh, sorry. Obviously, it depends on the model. Some benefit very little (KNS8400); others a lot (HA-S500). Either way, it's worth trying. I like to alternate pink noise and some bass heavy music at a little louder than normal listening. Duration of burn in varies too. SR80i took maybe 40 hours, but HA-S500 took over 70 hours.post #21 of 422/25/14 at 8:28pm
Here's Tyll's take on Burn-In with a pair of AKG's that was left on his test unit for 300 Hours...post #22 of 422/25/14 at 8:35pmpost #23 of 422/25/14 at 8:43pmpost #24 of 422/25/14 at 8:51pmpost #25 of 422/25/14 at 8:55pmQuote:
And compare them? I did that once, with HA-S500 because It was cheap enough. BIG differences. I liked it more before burn in, but it was objectively better after.post #26 of 422/25/14 at 8:56pmQuote:
There have been numerous headphones where the build of the drivers was inconsistent right from the factory, so not really.post #27 of 422/25/14 at 9:00pmQuote:
I agree with this as well. It's important to experience these things yourself. You can only learn so much via reading. That's how I formed my opinion on burn in, by experience, and who knows, maybe eventually something will come along that will change it.post #28 of 422/25/14 at 9:09pmQuote:
That's true (especially with some firms). Presumably one could measure and listen to them to match the drivers before testing for burn in.post #29 of 422/25/14 at 9:16pmQuote:
You could do that...
But over on that "Pirate Site", they found 6 pairs of DT1350's all measuring differently.post #30 of 422/25/14 at 9:25pmQuote:
I'm not surprised. I didn't name names, but there's a reason for manufaktur.
- Position on burning in headphones
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Android phones and USB DACs 47 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › DJ looking for better home sound. 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood (NEW ZMF FLAGSHIP!!!) Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)