- 322 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Location: Overland Park Kansas
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone recommendation for ~$100 - closed, comfy, semi-portable, for rock and a mix of other stuff Last post on 12/27/13 at 3:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the best headphone for under 200? Last post on 3/8/13 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEED help picking out headphones Last post on 12/14/12 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me to choose which headphones to buy! Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- i want your addvises on some headphones (shr 840 / hd 380 ) Last post on 11/11/12 at 4:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
Position on burning in headphones - Page 2post #16 of 422/25/14 at 7:46pmThread StarterWhat do you guys think about the Sony MDR X10? Picking them up this weekend from Nebraska Furniture Mart on sale for $99.99.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 422/25/14 at 7:59pmpost #18 of 422/25/14 at 8:18pmThread Starterpost #19 of 422/25/14 at 8:24pmQuote:
I think they sound like a giant pile of bass with muffled mids and highs, but a lot of people like 'em so maybe you will.post #20 of 422/25/14 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by NewWaveAudio
It is @Claritas I was wondering if these particular head phones would benefit from burn in
Oh, sorry. Obviously, it depends on the model. Some benefit very little (KNS8400); others a lot (HA-S500). Either way, it's worth trying. I like to alternate pink noise and some bass heavy music at a little louder than normal listening. Duration of burn in varies too. SR80i took maybe 40 hours, but HA-S500 took over 70 hours.post #21 of 422/25/14 at 8:28pm
Here's Tyll's take on Burn-In with a pair of AKG's that was left on his test unit for 300 Hours...post #22 of 422/25/14 at 8:35pmpost #23 of 422/25/14 at 8:43pmpost #24 of 422/25/14 at 8:51pmpost #25 of 422/25/14 at 8:55pmQuote:
And compare them? I did that once, with HA-S500 because It was cheap enough. BIG differences. I liked it more before burn in, but it was objectively better after.post #26 of 422/25/14 at 8:56pmQuote:
There have been numerous headphones where the build of the drivers was inconsistent right from the factory, so not really.post #27 of 422/25/14 at 9:00pmQuote:
I agree with this as well. It's important to experience these things yourself. You can only learn so much via reading. That's how I formed my opinion on burn in, by experience, and who knows, maybe eventually something will come along that will change it.post #28 of 422/25/14 at 9:09pmQuote:
That's true (especially with some firms). Presumably one could measure and listen to them to match the drivers before testing for burn in.post #29 of 422/25/14 at 9:16pmQuote:
You could do that...
But over on that "Pirate Site", they found 6 pairs of DT1350's all measuring differently.post #30 of 422/25/14 at 9:25pmQuote:
I'm not surprised. I didn't name names, but there's a reason for manufaktur.
- Position on burning in headphones
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 15 seconds ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 1 minute ago
- › Grado SR225 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › GIRL VS BOY ==+91-8890900967=prem vivah vashikaran in canada black... 3 minutes ago
- › Aune B1 Headphone AMP worldwide review tour --Reviewers Wanted! 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2