or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C4 Review (Extensive)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Colorfly C4 Review (Extensive) - Page 2

post #16 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Great review!

Thank you very much Lin :D

post #17 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Thank you very much Lin :D

Have you by any chance tried the DX100? It would be great to compare those two. 

post #18 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Have you by any chance tried the DX100? It would be great to compare those two. 

 

Sorry, I have not. I havent had any interaction with iBasso sadly.

post #19 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

 

Sorry, I have not. I havent had any interaction with iBasso sadly.

Despite the Sad State Of Audiophile DAPs thread, I actually think the DX50 is really good. Can;t wait to hear the DX90. 

post #20 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Despite the Sad State Of Audiophile DAPs thread, I actually think the DX50 is really good. Can;t wait to hear the DX90. 

I may check the DX90 out, not sure what iBasso is going to do with it though

post #21 of 37

c4 ? it is good sound.

post #22 of 37
Great review!
I actually had the chance to try a Colorfly C4 yesterday. The background music is very clear. The bass is quite nice(tight and not too strong). However I like the vocal from ihifi 960 more. Still, it has an impressive sound. However, the UI is just horrible comparing to FiiO or even iBasso. It takes so long to nevigate through music . Otherwise it is not bad for its price.
post #23 of 37
post #24 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halomusic View Post
 

c4 ? it is good sound.

Yes

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleidappleid View Post

Great review!
I actually had the chance to try a Colorfly C4 yesterday. The background music is very clear. The bass is quite nice(tight and not too strong). However I like the vocal from ihifi 960 more. Still, it has an impressive sound. However, the UI is just horrible comparing to FiiO or even iBasso. It takes so long to nevigate through music . Otherwise it is not bad for its price.

Yeah, I like the transparency on the C4, quite nice. 

 

The clear sound can be considered thin by those that are more used to thicker sounding units, but I for one think of it as more of a good balance. 

 

The UI is highly simplistic yes

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

I found these silicon cases for C4 if anyone's interested.  Just not 100% on their feedback.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicon-Soft-Case-for-Colorfly-C4-Pocket-HiFi-C4-Music-Player-Colorful-/151250979796?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item233742cbd4

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

Nice looking cases, but my take on cases for audio units is that they are a bit hard to use effeicetly generally. 

post #25 of 37
Once again synegy plays a key role. I enjoy mine and love it with all that it lacks UI wise but its channel separation and sound stage is not ad good as ak120.

i might send mine to be modded to get that final last percentage out if it but i do hope their new flagship come out soon. The local dealer told me last year it was due this year around June i guess he was talking about the anniversary edition which is basically internal mod nothing major beyond that.
Edited by audionewbi - 4/3/14 at 7:18pm
post #26 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

Once again synegy plays a hey role. I enjoy mine and love it with all that it lacks UI wise but its channel separation and sound stage is not ad good as ak120.

i might send mine to be nodded to get that final last percentage out if it but i do hope their new flagship to come out soon. The local dealer told me last year it was due this year around June i guess he was talking about the anniversary edition which is basically internal mod nothing major beyond that.

Would be nice indeed to get a modded version, although not sure what it is that I want out of it. 

post #27 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Yes

Yeah, I like the transparency on the C4, quite nice. 

The clear sound can be considered thin by those that are more used to thicker sounding units, but I for one think of it as more of a good balance. 

The UI is highly simplistic yes

The main problem of the UI is that when you nevigate through your music, you have to keep pressing the button. In a FiiO X3, you can actually hold onto the button and it will go down continuously. This makes things a lot easier. Also the response in C4 is really slow so it takes so long to navigate through music. Colorfly needs to put a better processor and write a better UI for their next product...
post #28 of 37
I want a better low end performance with iem. Clarity on C4 is top quality but with some of my iem the bass losses impact.

ofcourse a blacker background with sensitive iem would be nice but can't get them all i guess.
post #29 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

I want a better low end performance with iem. Clarity on C4 is top quality but with some of my iem the bass losses impact.

ofcourse a blacker background with sensitive iem would be nice but can't get them all i guess.

Have you tried ihifi 960? I think it suits you more.
post #30 of 37
No I haven't, thanks for suggesting it, i am going to wait a long while and let the new daps fight before i buy anything else.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C4 Review (Extensive)