First of all I would like to thank you, members of Head-Fi, for pointing me to great two headphones that I own at the moment: The M50s and Q701.
I recently gave a person the M50s, as she is newbie in the audiophile area and she mostly listen to her stuff from her Macbook or TV speakers.
However I guess the m50s were not as comfortable as I expected on her head so can you suggest any headphones?
The priorities are:
- Extremely comfortable and light-weight for long hour of use.
- The best sound quality for movies, japanese anime and pop music (specially k-pop).
- Should be ok without an amp. Mostly will be plugged in an intel i5 MacBook Pro 2011.
- The reasonable price point for me is $135 but I can add up to $200 if there is really something exceptional.
- I generally think it should be Over-the-ear but if you think on-ear will satisfy more, please suggest.
While the q701 that I own is kinda light and comfortable, but the head band is really bad. I remember trying the HD598 at a Virgin store on my travels and it was really comfortable but I am not sure if it matches my priorities. I tried researching but I kinda get lost when the discussion gets around bright and dark sounds :p.
Thanks for attention!